Author Topic: Android Thread  (Read 44736 times)

Offline Coladar

Re: Android Thread
« Reply #325: January 10, 2013, 07:58:19 AM »
Anyone else using a Nexus 10? God damn what an awesome tablet. Perfection with a screen.

Only loss is not having expansion memory slot. But a 1.7ghz processor, 2gb RAM (Yes Chief, I still need more RAMZ!!! I need at least 128GB to run Android. 1/64th of the way there! What can I say, I love to be RAMmed up the wazoo with RAM.) and a 300 freaking DPI screen owns all. Just came yesterday and I'm already smitten with it.

I await MDS' inevitable renewal of nagging from my last upgrade, the Acer A700 in June. This is my fourth Android tablet in 14 months, so I'm sure that deserves some scorn... I got the Acer for the screen, but it blew chunks for processing. I got fed up last week when it was locking up for 45 seconds every 30 seconds. Meaning I wasted more time staring at a frozen screen than I did using the damn thing.

The ASUS Transformer from Feb 2012 was good. Before that I dipped my toes into android from Ipad when HP cleared their stock for $100 last year, and it performed about as low as the price. The Nexus is the first tablet where, hardware and wowfactor wise, I've thought 'Apple only wishes they had an iPad as nice as this baby.' The screen is simply stunning. If you're on the fence for a new tablet, get off it and buy a Nexus.