Author Topic: Video Games (2009-2011)  (Read 88882 times)

Offline blue911

Re: Video Games
« Reply #50: June 04, 2009, 10:55:14 AM »
You know how we argue about BP and SABR and Adam Dunn's overall value?

Yeah, arguments about Xbox vs PS3 make those arguments seem like kid's stuff.  I'm not touching that one :lol:

Ugh. Then I guess the best thing would be to get an Xbox so I can steal my nephews games.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #51: June 04, 2009, 11:05:08 AM »
Ugh. Then I guess the best thing would be to get an Xbox so I can steal my nephews games.

Xbox 360 has been around longer and is a more mature platform with a larger library.  It also arguably has a superior online element (Xbox live) although the free version (silver) is limited.  The paid version (gold) is better.

PS3's online service is entirely free, but from what I've heard it's pretty barren compared to Xbox Live.

The only knock I've really heard on the Xbox is that a lot of them fail.  How much of that is just availability heuristic I have no idea.

Offline blue911

« Reply #52: June 04, 2009, 11:08:04 AM »
Xbox 360 has been around longer and is a more mature platform with a larger library.  It also arguably has a superior online element (Xbox live) although the free version (silver) is limited.  The paid version (gold) is better.

PS3's online service is entirely free, but from what I've heard it's pretty barren compared to Xbox Live.

The only knock I've really heard on the Xbox is that a lot of them fail.  How much of that is just availability heuristic I have no idea.

Thanks. On reflection, I think I'll just steal my nephew's Xbox and all his games. He really won't need it without the games.

SouthernFriedNat

« Reply #53: June 04, 2009, 11:48:12 AM »
PS3's online service has everything I want and need with all my friends

It just depends whether you want to play a 360 game, PS3 game, or a game on a system your friends have.

My friends have more 360's than PS3's so I have both but tend to play online more on the 360

But the PS3 is my preferred system without them

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #54: June 04, 2009, 01:09:16 PM »
OOTPX was made available for pre-order yesterday and will be open to the general public tomorrow, I believe. It's a great baseball text-sim. As much as I love my new PS3 (traded in a 360 for it) and the Show, this game is the only game I feel comfortable playing when it comes to a franchise/season mode. The others have too many issues.

I recommend everyone here check it out...it's a great game to play on your computer. I have it on my laptop and it gives me something to do when I'm bored and don't feel like playing ps3 when I'm at school.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #55: June 04, 2009, 07:00:34 PM »
GRID is an AWESOME game. I've been playing that a lot recently.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #56: June 04, 2009, 07:56:14 PM »
Thanks. On reflection, I think I'll just steal my nephew's Xbox and all his games. He really won't need it without the games.

Xbox 360 has alot of features and the more recent ones avoid failing as much as the old ones (ive had 3 that failed on me, 2 of em were on warranty, learned to take better care of them now.)

Mass Effect is such a great game though, Ive been addicted to it ever since I bought it. Its about space stuff and one of my missions was going to our moon and taking care of some enemies haha. Its a great RPG.

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #57: July 01, 2009, 12:13:40 AM »
the only reason to buy one system over another between the PS3 and the XBox 360 are exclusive games.

look at the games list, and find the games than are only on the 360 or only on the PS3. decide which system has more of the games you like, and buy that system.

otherwise, for the most part, they are the same. PS3 has a few more hardware features(BlueTooth, built-in wireless, the ability to swap your hard drive out with any laptop HD), 360 has more software features(more robust online service, Netflix, etc.).

personally, I like my PSP, cause I can play my games anywhere, rather than stuck on a couch in front of a TV. and the PSP is perfectly capable of Console quality(say, PS2-ish) full games.

I will say though, that the 360 has the greatest controller ever.

but if I get anything beyond my PSP, it will be a PS3. for the simple fact that, I can buy a PS3, install Linux on it, and then I won't need to buy a new computer.

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #58: July 01, 2009, 12:19:06 AM »
anyhow, Rock Band PSP (and music games in general) frustrates the hell out of me.

I'm going back to Monster Hunter lmao.

Offline BBQ

• Not Werth it.
« Reply #59: July 01, 2009, 12:59:04 AM »
Gotta love halo 3. While 2k9 isn't too fun on normal. With xbox live you can acually enjoy yourself even though every hit is a hr

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #60: July 02, 2009, 01:45:15 PM »
Gotta love halo 3. While 2k9 isn't too fun on normal. With xbox live you can acually enjoy yourself even though every hit is a hr

If you got time, I recommend looking for a "sim" online league. The sliders they adjust make it feel like real life gameplay. avg 10 hits 4 runs a game with maybe 1 homer sometimes 2 or 3. Its really fun, I spend alot of time in it.

In a current season league Im the Cardinals with this as my lineup

Roberts 2b
Abreu LF
Pujols 1b
Cust RF
Ankeil CF
Wiggington 3b
Molina C
Barden SS
Pitcher

on bench: Reimold LF and Ryan SS. Its really fun haha.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #61: July 02, 2009, 01:46:20 PM »
As for exclusives between PS3 and 360, I feel 360 has the best. Left 4 Dead, Gears of War, Halo series, Mass Effect...

But PS3 easily has the best series, SOCOM. I wish it were on 360.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #62: July 02, 2009, 01:56:51 PM »
As for exclusives between PS3 and 360, I feel 360 has the best. Left 4 Dead, Gears of War, Halo series, Mass Effect...

But PS3 easily has the best series, SOCOM. I wish it were on 360.

i switched to the ps3 for the show and it kicks the living crap out of 2k9. seriously. not even close. it's amazing how much better it is.

you know how you know it's good? i haven't touched a slider in 4 weeks. every game I get feels like a real game, with the presentation, graphics, stats, everything

and SOCOM is a blast but it has a lot of problems and hasn't gotten any support for it. there's DLC coming out in 4 weeks (was supposed to be out 2 months ago) that is adding a lot though

in my Show nats franchise, i'm 40-57 (just started playing the games after the all-star break, played a couple before but am 2-8 since starting playing, FML)

traded milledge, nicky j, hanrahan, cut kearns, young, belliard, cabrera, traded for emmauel burress rofl (milledge for him), got matt laporta to play LF with Dunn at first, trying to trade willingham and guzman

road to the show is really fun and i got called up to the majors but i absolutely suck at hitting and i get way too frustrated since i suck. i got like 2 hits in my first 8-9 ABs but then started a franchise

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #63: July 02, 2009, 02:00:45 PM »
:rofl: Yea Im more of a shooter thats why I choose 360. 2k sucks ass and I think everyone knows it. Ive always wanted to play the show but I dont think its worth the money for PS3 when I can 'handle' 2k9. I just hope next year 2k learns to make a good game but this is the 3rd year asking that.

The year after I think EA can start making baseball games which is good. MVP was a blast.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #64: July 02, 2009, 02:37:13 PM »
i love shooting games but im not a big halo or gow guy anymore. cod is on both, i have socom, and i'll have MAG

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #65: July 02, 2009, 02:39:22 PM »
yea MAG looks pretty badass

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #66: July 02, 2009, 09:57:43 PM »
yea MAG looks pretty badass

MAG is gonna be sweet. Have you guys watched any of the videos? The firefights look intense. We'll have to hook up and play online if everyone gets the game.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #67: July 02, 2009, 11:03:49 PM »
Wow, just checked MAG out, it does look cool.  PS3 exclusive?

I'd be up for some WNFF online game nights.  I've got PS3 and 360 so either one I'd be up for.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #68: July 02, 2009, 11:39:59 PM »
CMD, you have B-Rob in your line-up?  :az:

Offline BBQ

• Not Werth it.
« Reply #69: July 03, 2009, 01:23:48 AM »
:rofl: Yea Im more of a shooter thats why I choose 360. 2k sucks ass and I think everyone knows it. Ive always wanted to play the show but I dont think its worth the money for PS3 when I can 'handle' 2k9. I just hope next year 2k learns to make a good game but this is the 3rd year asking that.

The year after I think EA can start making baseball games which is good. MVP was a blast.
all 2k's have been dreadful. MVP games are incredible.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #70: July 03, 2009, 08:47:55 AM »
all you ps3 people, my PSN name is tradecki

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #71: July 03, 2009, 06:13:19 PM »
PSN: wvhelghast
XBOX Live: ravenofrage

Anybody play Forza 2 on XBOX Live? I've been playing the hell out of that game lately. Can't wait for 3 to come on this fall.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #72: July 03, 2009, 06:25:20 PM »
i'm on xbox live and play mlb2k8, call of duty: world @ war, call of duty 4: modern warfare, call of duty 3, halo3, ncaa hoops 2k8 and madden 09.  pm me if ya want my handle name.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #73: July 03, 2009, 07:07:07 PM »
I'll play StarCraft with anyone, any time ;)

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #74: July 04, 2009, 04:27:02 AM »
I'm Hellrider1984 on Xbox Live, I don't think I ever set up an online account for the ps3.

Feel free to add me on live, I'm up for any casual gaming if I have the game.  I don't play with jerks or poor sports who don't believe that it is a GAME and it is for FUN.  The main reason I don't play online too much is because it is hard to find people who just want to play a GAME.