Author Topic: Nats and the 2012 Non-Waiver Trade deadline watch  (Read 88114 times)

Offline BigMeech

Just realized that people were saying "don't trade the future" yet Desmond, Espinosa, Zimmerman, Zimmermann, Strasburg, GIO, Harper, Ramos, Lombardozzi, Storen, Clippard, and Moore are all under 30.

Not sure where the un-tradable "future" fits in when the future is already on the field for the foreseeable future.  It's not like we're the Yankees, Red Sox, or Phillies here in terms of age.

Can someone please tell me where I'm wrong here?

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
In a way it's demeaning... as if Smithian thinks he's a better fan because he doesn't question the FO.
Nah, I'm pretty sure I look at Mark DeRosa and H-Rod every day and question WTF they're doing on our roster. In my opinion, that falls on the Lerners and Rizzo, not on Davey.

Offline hammondsnats

Nah, I'm pretty sure I look at Mark DeRosa and H-Rod every day and question WTF they're doing on our roster. In my opinion, that falls on the Lerners and Rizzo, not on Davey.

HRod is a HUGE problem, but the fact we have arguably the worst #1 catcher in baseball and are rotation is going to look totally different for an entire month (plus postseason) is really going to loom large. 

Offline Obed_Marsh

In a way it's demeaning... as if Smithian thinks he's a better fan because he doesn't question the FO.

Fingergun fame went to his head. Happens everytime! ;)

Don't worry. Someday he'll be putting back beers with 320 lamenting the loss of his superfan status. Karma is a nag.

Offline BigMeech

Guys, I think we're forgetting that Flores tries his darndest out there each and every game.  It's all we can ask for.

Offline Kentucky_National

• BANG ZOOM
    • My Twitter

We're all equal here. We all want the Nats to go 162-0. No one is better than anyone else.

Definitely not trying to demean you. I know that you're just as big a fan. I'm just saying that my opinion differs from yours, but in the end the one thing we can agree on is the fact that we do want the Nats to win it all. Hopefully at the end of the year we can all be celebrating in that.

Offline hammondsnats

Guys, I think we're forgetting that Flores tries his darndest out there each and every game.  It's all we can ask for.

he gave it his all in 2008!

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
This thread needs something on the level of the "Ramos was a 3 WAR player so the Lerners should pay a $15m ransom" to really take it straight to craptown.

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Dempster is going to the Rangers. So basically, the Braves have Mahom and thats it.

Shoppach would be nice, but not essential.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Definitely not trying to demean you. I know that you're just as big a fan. I'm just saying that my opinion differs from yours, but in the end the one thing we can agree on is the fact that we do want the Nats to win it all. Hopefully at the end of the year we can all be celebrating in that.

Agreed. We all want to win, in the end.

Lets hope the Nats figure a way out to do that!

Offline Obed_Marsh

:lmao: Manny is that you again?

Offline hammondsnats

Dempster is going to the Rangers. So basically, the Braves have Mahom and thats it.

Shoppach would be nice, but not essential.

Reed Johnson is a nice player.  Plus maybe Ben Sheets proves to be a good pickup after all (so far so good). 

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
Fingergun fame went to his head. Happens everytime! ;)

Don't worry. Someday he'll be putting back beers with 320 lamenting the loss of his superfan status. Karma is a nag.

Gasp!

Never!

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
I'm scared of that Dodgers lineup. They have 4 Nat killers.

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
I'm scared of that Dodgers lineup. They have 4 Nat killers.

They made some big moves and it will pay off.

However, I think this also will cement McCutcheon as MVP is the Pirates continue to push. Dude is off the chain right now.

Nothing beyond the rumors about Shoppach huh? I gotta wonder if a deal is in the works and we just don't know about it. Red Sox want leftys ... we have a lot of lefties ... just sayin

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
DeRosa starting at 3rd tonight.....

What the freak.

Offline Obed_Marsh

DeRosa starting at 3rd tonight.....

What the freak.

We like the team we have. ;)

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
I love the side that wants no change/not giving up prospects.

They automatically assume anyone that doesn't share their viewpoint doesn't like the Nats and also wouldn't enjoy watching them win.

You are making automatic assumptions about "them" as well with this post. 

Offline hammondsnats

guess you can lock this thread eh?

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
You are making automatic assumptions about "them" as well with this post. 

Yes, yes I am.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Red Sox got their lefty in Breslow.  All they gave up was Fatt Albers and Scott Podperson.  You do have to wonder whether Gorzellany could have gotten Shoppach. 

Apparently, they are bringing up Lavarnway tomorrow regardless of the non-deal.  Probably to DH until Ortiz is back. I seriously doubt Shoppach gets all the way through waivers in August to the Nats position on the claim.

Offline blue911

The best waiver wire pick up ever was Doyle Alexander by the '87 Tigers. All people remember his the Smoltz part, but Alexander was the difference between going to the playoff or going home.

11 Starts 88+ IP and the Tigers won every game. 

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Considering the Nats would be the last team to get a crack at him, you're likely right.

Offline nobleisthyname

Why do people keep claiming Detwiler and Lannan are going to be getting major pitching slots in the playoffs?  :wtf: Teams generally go to a three man rotation in October.