Author Topic: Nats and the 2012 Non-Waiver Trade deadline watch  (Read 90640 times)

Offline DPMOmaha

So. Giants, Dodgers, Reds, Braves, Pirates all have made moves.

Don't make a move just for the sake of making one... but if there's any chance of snagging a catcher, I hope Rizzo takes the plunge. Provided the price tag isn't high.

this is pretty much how I feel.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
I have to admit that it's kind of disheartening wactching all of the teams around us improve while we just stand pat "adding" Werth, Tracy, Storen and DeRosa.

Feels a bit like, "we're satisfied with being in first place on July 31st.  It's been a good season already and the rest is gravy."

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
(ahem)

Preston Wilson is tanned, rested, and ready.

Offline PebbleBall

• Now that right there is baseball.
He has a World Series ring to his name.

With the biggest * you can find next to it.

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
Podesednik to Diamondbacks for Breslow. Upton is the next move?

He has a World Series ring to his name.

Loria had nothing to do with it. But he had his hands in dismantliing the Expos.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!

Asterisks are for B*rry B*nds.  Nobody is taking away the Cardinals' rings from last year despite relying on the Braves to collapse and the Rangers to choke.  They weren't last year's best team but that doesn't matter.

For that matter, weren't the Marlins championships both won when they were the Wild Card?

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Loria had nothing to do with it. But he had his hands in dismantliing the Expos.

So. No credit when they win. All the credit when they suck?

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
The second certainly was (hello Steve Bartman)...
Asterisks are for B*rry B*nds.  Nobody is taking away the Cardinals' rings from last year despite relying on the Braves to collapse and the Rangers to choke.  They weren't last year's best team but that doesn't matter.

For that matter, weren't the Marlins championships both won when they were the Wild Card?

Offline PebbleBall

It's not that they didn't win a legit title, it's that they did it in the year between Loria's destruction of the Expos and before he started bilking Miami for a new stadium in earnest.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
It's not that they didn't win a legit title, it's that they did it in the year between Loria's destruction of the Expos and before he started bilking Miami for a new stadium in earnest.

So?  How is that illegitimate?  The team still won the title.

So. No credit when they win. All the credit when they suck?

Loria bought the Marlins in 2002. They won the WS in 2003. It was dumb luck on his part. This season, new stadium and big FA signings that had many saying the Marlins were a WS favorite. Half a year in and he is tearing it apart. Reyes must feel good.

Offline PebbleBall

So?  How is that illegitimate?  The team still won the title.

It's not that they didn't win a legit title...

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
Deadlines at 4, yeah?

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness

What do you mean.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
I'm less concerned about the marlins than I am about the Phillies.  They got some good arms to go along with Hamels who will actually still be good by the time the Phillies get good again.  Lee and Halladay will either be aging or gone.  I could see them flipping Lee and/or halladay for some position players and retooling faster than the Fish.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
Hey lets just do this:

Moore - Werth - Morse

with Harper at Catcher. ;)

jk

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
Hey lets just do this:

Moore - Werth - Morse

with Harper at Catcher. ;)

jk

I love it!

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
No moves.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
Get ready for disappointment.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
Espinosa
Harper
Zimmerman
Morse
LaRoche
Werth
Moore
Desmond/Lombo
Pitcher

Holy Smokes

we have 8 power hitters

Offline PebbleBall

What do you mean.

He's under SEC investigation because the goal of his ownership with the Marlins was to play poor with Miami in order to have a new stadium built.  By all indications his goal was the same in Montreal, and Bud Selig - also named in the SEC complaint and the all time leader in new stadium construction - orchestrated his purchase of the Marlins when it became clear that wouldn't happen.

So yes, they won a title as a wild card team with a new owner that promptly stripped and sold the team as he continued to do what he has always done.  So he has a ring, but I'd be hard to convince that it's because Jeffrey Loria is a Builder of Champions.

Offline Obed_Marsh

:shrug: It is the N.L. East, everyone will retool and get back in competitive mix eventually. I am a bit surprised the Mets aren't selling.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
Rumor is Dempster is going to the Yankees.  Gee, a first place team willing to improve - even though the have the league's best record and a 6.5 game lead.  Must be nice.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
He's under SEC investigation because the goal of his ownership with the Marlins was to play poor with Miami in order to have a new stadium built.  By all indications his goal was the same in Montreal, and Bud Selig - also named in the SEC complaint and the all time leader in new stadium construction - orchestrated his purchase of the Marlins when it became clear that wouldn't happen.

So yes, they won a title as a wild card team with a new owner that promptly stripped and sold the team as he continued to do what he has always done.  So he has a ring, but I'd be hard to convince that it's because Jeffrey Loria is a Builder of Champions.

Win or GTFO.