Author Topic: Nationals vs Cubs, Game 3  (Read 12888 times)

MrMadison

Re: Nationals vs Cubs, Game 3
« Reply #175: April 27, 2008, 04:09:01 PM »
I don't think Brennan is a franchise QB, but you never know.  Jason Campbell is clearly not. 

lemme guess. you want to "convert him to a wide reciever"?

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #176: April 27, 2008, 04:09:15 PM »
Money.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #177: April 27, 2008, 04:09:16 PM »
BANG!!!  ZOOM!!!

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #178: April 27, 2008, 04:09:43 PM »
Way to go Big Jon!!!!! Great pitching today!  Oh ya, anyone notice who was behind the plate today?   :lol:

Offline spidernat

« Reply #179: April 27, 2008, 04:09:50 PM »

I think it's something along those lines (or maybe a DB). I actually watch football not just stats.

Offline deeznatz

• http://www.amorica.org
« Reply #180: April 27, 2008, 04:09:58 PM »
Skins drafted Colt Brennan   They are ******* idiots. They don't know what to do with draft picks but I guess they lack experience drafting since they trade them away all the time.   :?  A punter and then Brennan. What's next a water boy?

gotta disagree on this one.  Todd Collins is not a quality backup, why not take a chance on Breenan the gunslinger?

And the punter was the best pcik of the draft....this kid is the best in the country and a gamechanger.  It isnt glamorous but it can have a huge effect on the game.

I think they still have areas that were not addressed but I like this draft....they not have a LOT more to work with on offense.  I think the small receivers hurt us more than we know last year....that will change hopefully if one of thsees guys pans out.

I'm pretty happy overall.

and gooo Nats!!!  2 out of 3...porr wiw cubbies!!!!  just wait until all those medicore players they have that rae batting WAAY above their norms come back to ear....they will be wailing and grinding their teeth like they always do!!

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #181: April 27, 2008, 04:10:18 PM »
Congrats to 2k6 on snapping his imaginary skid ;)

Offline eagleskins

• BANNED FOREVER
« Reply #182: April 27, 2008, 04:10:26 PM »

Nope.  Way too slow for that.  I want to convert him to the bench.  Funny how the Skins went on a run when Collins came in, huh?

Offline spidernat

« Reply #183: April 27, 2008, 04:11:07 PM »

True :clap:

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #184: April 27, 2008, 04:11:25 PM »
Definitely.  Well done, 2k6! It was about time. :clap:

Offline PC

« Reply #185: April 27, 2008, 04:13:11 PM »
Brennan will be playing for #3, not #2.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #186: April 27, 2008, 04:13:18 PM »
Nieves had a great game. He was the MVP. Lannan only followed his lead so he was secondary.  :lol:

Offline spidernat

« Reply #187: April 27, 2008, 04:14:00 PM »
eagle boy needs VORP stats to make his point.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #188: April 27, 2008, 04:14:21 PM »
Nieves had a great game. He was the MVP. Lannan only followed his lead so he was secondary.  :lol:
You still don't see the impact a catcher has on pitching?  Estrada and Lo Duca are clueless buffoons.  Nieves is freakin awesome.  He's hitting too.   

Offline spidernat

« Reply #189: April 27, 2008, 04:15:03 PM »
gotta disagree on this one.  Todd Collins is not a quality backup, why not take a chance on Breenan the gunslinger?

According to eagles Collins is a great backup. :rofl:

MrMadison

« Reply #190: April 27, 2008, 04:15:05 PM »
Nope.  Way too slow for that.  I want to convert him to the bench.  Funny how the Skins went on a run when Collins came in, huh?
funny how Todd Collins has never been anything more than a backup in like 10 NFL seasons, huh? there's a reason for that.

go ahead, hedge your bets on Collins. If Collins is the everyday starter, that's good for my team. :)

and Jason Campbell is better in the long run, than Collins.  the only reason Collins even played is because Campbell got hurt.

I'm developing a theory about you.....

Offline spidernat

« Reply #191: April 27, 2008, 04:15:39 PM »
You still don't see the impact a catcher has on pitching? 

I see the impact but it's marginal at best. St Claire gets most of the credit as far as I'm concerned.

Offline eagleskins

• BANNED FOREVER
« Reply #192: April 27, 2008, 04:16:00 PM »
You still don't see the impact a catcher has on pitching?  Estrada and Lo Duca are clueless buffoons.  Nieves is ****** awesome.  He's hitting too.   

Yep.  I can't see how Estrada and Lo Duca will both continue to be on this team.  A trade or a straight up release should be on their horizon. 

Offline eagleskins

• BANNED FOREVER
« Reply #193: April 27, 2008, 04:17:49 PM »
funny how Todd Collins has never been anything more than a backup in like 10 NFL seasons, huh? there's a reason for that.

go ahead, hedge your bets on Collins. If Collins is the everyday starter, that's good for my team. :)

Dude, you totally just missed my point.  Collins, who is a career backup and a scrub, comes in and totally dogs Campbell.  This speaks volumes about Campbell's play.  I don't particularly like Collins for the starting role either.  Campbell is a career backup on the majority of the teams in the NFL. 

Offline soxfan59

• Gough, Gough White Sox!!!
    • John R. Russell, Ltd.
« Reply #194: April 27, 2008, 04:19:07 PM »
God Bless the Washington Nationals!  2 of 3 from the hated Cubs!  YES!

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #195: April 27, 2008, 04:19:07 PM »
LANNAN IS A MAGICIAN ON THE MOUND!!!  :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:  LANNAN 4 CY YOUNG!

nice job by luis and jr to smoothly close it out without any worries

any updates on how dukes is faring with potomac? 

MrMadison

« Reply #196: April 27, 2008, 04:20:32 PM »
Dude, you totally just missed my point.  Collins, who is a career backup and a scrub, comes in and totally dogs Campbell.  This speaks volumes about Campbell's play.  I don't particularly like Collins for the starting role either.  Campbell is a career backup on the majority of the teams in the NFL. 

no, not quite. Campbell got hurt. it's not like he was Benched in favor of Campbell.

Collins was riding adrenaline. as were the Skins, in the wake of what happened to Sean Taylor.  that doesn't speak anything about Campbell's play.

Campbell is the best QB you have at the moment.  plus, Campbell is young.this is going be what, season number 2 and a half for him?

I can't believe I'm actually arguing about the Redskins. I'm a Giants fan, I shouldn't really give a sh*t.

please redskins, follow the advice of Eagleskins,so you can fight with the Eagles for the NFC East cellar for the next 5 years.

Offline eagleskins

• BANNED FOREVER
« Reply #197: April 27, 2008, 04:20:54 PM »
Not to mention with Brannan, we have a registered sex offender on the roster. 

Offline eagleskins

• BANNED FOREVER
« Reply #198: April 27, 2008, 04:22:09 PM »
no, not quite. Campbell got hurt. it's not like he was Benched in favor of Campbell.

Collins was riding adrenaline. as were the Skins, in the wake of what happened to Sean Taylor.  that doesn't speak anything about Campbell's play.

Campbell is the best QB you have at the moment.  plus, Campbell is young.this is going be what, season number 2 and a half for him?

No this will be his 5th season in the league.  He is a bust, and the sooner the Skins realize it, the better they will be.  That is why you can take a flyer on Brannan in the 6th round. 

MrMadison

« Reply #199: April 27, 2008, 04:24:10 PM »
No this will be his 5th season in the league.  He is a bust, and the sooner the Skins realize it, the better they will be.  That is why you can take a flyer on Brannan in the 6th round. 

he was drafted in 05. so this will be his 3rd season. his 2nd as Starting QB. unless my math is wrong.