Author Topic: Must See TV Thread (2012-2014)  (Read 106193 times)

Offline Coladar

Re: Must See TV Thread
« Reply #550: May 15, 2012, 07:42:19 PM »
I gave up on HIMYM when the chick from House and Once Upon a Time guest starred. Couldn't stand her character, who was slimy and... Evil. And this is what, season 7 now, and he never met the mother yet. They pulled some lame ass crap with her feet and the yellow umbrella. Jesus Chris. I just looked it up. The kids playing his kids are 25 and 22 IRL. It was 2030 in the flash forwards at the start of the show, seven years ago. Let's be über generous and say the kids are younger than the actors. Maybe 16 and 17 (the daughter the older one) in 2030. Umm... They have problem this season. Ted should have knocked that nag up. NEXT SEASON.

So wtf? I'm guessing by your post Ted still hasn't met her yet, but they are still using the current year. Did they do anything more about the mother this year? But it's 2012 on the show. Not only have they dragged it out to the point the show is godawful. It's about how he met their freaking mother, and you start the show/story eight years before he met her? Why not start when Ted was in his mothers womb. The entire point of the show was how he met her, yet they dilute and divulge to everyone but Ted. Then you consider the show has gone on so long, it doesn't even make any sense according to the show!!! Quite frankly, Jason Segal and Alyson Hannigan are better than this show, now, in season eight. I don't know why they are still on it, particularly Segal, the big movie star AND writer.