Author Topic: Nats Near Deals for Wilson, Stanton  (Read 5801 times)

visionary

Nats Near Deals for Wilson, Stanton
« Topic Start: July 13, 2005, 12:19:58 PM »
Quote from: "Kenz aFan"
Quote from: "bramos"
Wilson is available and he can help us - now.  I'd take my chances with him in the clean-up hole over Baerga any day.   :D
LOL I think most of us would agree that almost anyone is an improvement over Baerga in the cleanup slot. I was looking at Wilson's stats and just for fun grabbed his lifetime stats in what are considered the 12 best pitchers parks over his career and here's what I came up with. The numbers have been recalculated for a full 162 game season.
Code: [Select]
 G   AB   R    H   2B   3B   HR  RBI  BB    K  SB  CS   AVE   OBP   SLG   OPS
162  610  95  172   35    2   39  112  47  167  28   7  .282  .345  .538  .883
I have no idea how the numbers will translate to RFK since Wilson has never played there. It looks as though Wilson turns into a doubles hitters with some pop. I didn't include his number at home with the Marlins because it always seemed to be a neutral park, that is to say in the middle of the pack somewhere. Had I included his number there, recalculated to 162 games, they would look like this.
Code: [Select]
 G   AB   R    H   2B   3B   HR  RBI  BB    K  SB  CS   AVE   OBP   SLG   OPS
162  580  90  156   32    3   29   99  56  159  25   8  .269  .343  .484  .827
From that I get the idea he just might be well suited for a park like RFK because unless I'm misreading the numbers, it kinda looks like he might be pressing too much when he's in a hitters park... But as they say, only time will tell.

Wow, that's pretty interesting...good job there!

Hmmm, maybe his stats will be better than I thought.