Author Topic: Nationals vs Reds, Game 3  (Read 21432 times)

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
Re: Nationals vs Reds, Game 3
« Reply #25: April 14, 2012, 12:59:49 PM »
Espinosa batting 2nd again today. Does anyone agree that he should be moved down in the lineup?

Too soon. Give him time.

Offline Mr Clean

« Reply #26: April 14, 2012, 01:01:04 PM »
Who would you move up?  He doesn't have much to show for it yet, but he's been grinding pretty good so far in the games I've seen him play.  I think too much unnecessary tinkering usually has adverse affects, especially when you don't really have an obviously better choice to slide in there unless you're going to just give Lombo the job, which I don't think anyone will be suggesting any time soon.

Ankiel. At least against righties.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #27: April 14, 2012, 01:02:38 PM »
Plus, Danny has really been getting on base. that's what you want from a table setter.

Long term, I think his home is lower in the batting order as more of a run producer, but for now I'm okay with him batting second. 

Ankiel like Danny, doesn't hit for a high average. Unlike Danny, Rick doesn't take walks.

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #28: April 14, 2012, 01:11:52 PM »
I'm guessing flores, nady, ankiel, and lombo will be starting today to give the regulars a break after last night. Maybe even tracy at 1B.

Offline 1995hoo

« Reply #29: April 14, 2012, 01:13:04 PM »
One of the reporters just tweeted Ankiel in CF, Nady in LF:

James Wagner (@JamesWagnerWP)
4/14/12 12:44 PM

Nationals lineup: Rick Ankiel starting in CF. Desmond 6, Espinosa 4, Zimmerman 5, LaRoche 3, Werth 9, Nady 7, Ankiel 8, Flores 2, Jackson 1.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #30: April 14, 2012, 01:14:48 PM »
I'd rest the regulars tomorrow and go for the series win today.

Reds are sitting Rolen, Ludwick and Phillips today.

That way, take series today and rest the regulars with no pressure tomorrow!

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #31: April 14, 2012, 01:21:01 PM »
so is there no live tv coverage today?

MASN2   .... came into the house and the 'blows talk show was on.   Before they went to break, they said  Nat's pre-game at 3:30 and the game at 4 PM.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #32: April 14, 2012, 01:22:59 PM »
Its only 1? But I want to watch the game nowwwwwww

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #33: April 14, 2012, 01:25:11 PM »

Ankiel. At least against righties.

Plus, Danny has really been getting on base. that's what you want from a table setter.

Long term, I think his home is lower in the batting order as more of a run producer, but for now I'm okay with him batting second. 

Ankiel like Danny, doesn't hit for a high average. Unlike Danny, Rick doesn't take walks.

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
« Reply #34: April 14, 2012, 01:27:47 PM »
is the yu darvish start that's on right now being broadcast nationwide?  I saw that it was on fox but it's not there

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #35: April 14, 2012, 01:28:00 PM »
I'm still depressed from last night.   I went to work Thursday night at 11 PM.   Got home around 1030 yesterday morning and took the motorcycle for inspection.   It took me 3 hours and 175 miles :).     Got home messed around 'til Nats' extra.   Watched the game 'til 9:30 PM or so and realized I had been up for almost 24 hours  ...   I was tired.   Next thing I know, it's 11:52 PM.    I didn't know we won or Werth hit the winning hit until this morning.    I go to the thread and Chief has the freakin' thing on lock down.    Nats better win by 5 tonight or tomorrow could be trouble in Northern VA.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #36: April 14, 2012, 01:31:24 PM »
One of the reporters just tweeted Ankiel in CF, Nady in LF:

Thanks, updated.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #37: April 14, 2012, 01:31:41 PM »
lol I had a dream about Jason from Friday the 13th last night... It was definitely all N2P's fault.

Offline The Chief

« Reply #38: April 14, 2012, 01:34:28 PM »
Dbacks at Rockies is the free MLB.tv game of the day today, starts at 8:10 ET.  Perfect for watching after the Nats game finishes.  I think I'll use the opportunity to give the MLB.tv app for 360 a looksie**

**this message not paid for by MLB or Microsoft (or PC :lol: )

Online Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #39: April 14, 2012, 01:43:04 PM »
This may already be posted somewhere, but anyone know when the gates open?

Offline Born-AgainNatsFan

• UVA's greatest gifts to mankind: Zimm and me :D
« Reply #40: April 14, 2012, 01:48:49 PM »
Sigh...I envy everyone able to go to the Nats home games. The only time I can go see them is when they play the Marlins..and even for that I'd have to drive 4 hours...Le sigh....Anyhoooo, GOO TEAM!! Let's Bring the Bats to LIFE TODAY!!!!

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #41: April 14, 2012, 01:53:01 PM »
That line up post confuses me.
**Lineups unofficial and subject to change
I just copied the lineups from yesterday and changed the pitcher, I haven't actually heard what today's lineups are.
So those are "suggested" lineups, in the former style of 2k6nats, who regularly screwed up fantasy players. He had no idea what the lineup was going to be yet, and posted one from the day before or something.  He did finally stop after numerous complaints... and The Chief's order.

What I did yesterday was to copy & paste MDS' GDT post onto a Word doc, but added numbers 1-8 with blanks for names, naming only the announced pitchers. That told everyone, especially fantasy players, that I did not know the lineups yet.

I have RotoInfo bookmarked, as it posts the lineups submitted by each team, usually several hours before each game.  It's the best source, so I checked it repeatedly yesterday, until each team posted their lineup:

http://www.rotoinfo.com/?game=lineup 

The lineups for all teams get posted, with the most recent posts on top.  So you may have to click on Next Page to see the earlier ones.  (But be careful, it will show the previous day's date and that lineup, if the team hasn't submitted one yet.) A revised lineup will be posted there too.  This happens when a player reveals an inury or sickness during warmups, but that's rare. 

The Nationals lineup was actually posted on RotoInfo at 12:42 pm today:

Desmond SS, Espinosa 2B, Zimmerman 3B, LaRoche 1B, Werth RF, Nady LF, Ankiel CF, Flores C, (Jackson P)
Apr 14, 2012 / 12:42 PM EST

Harris 2B, Cozart SS, Votto 1B, Bruce RF, Cairo 3B, Heisey LF, Stubbs CF, Mesoraco C, (Bailey P)
Apr 14, 2012 / 11:43 AM EST

(By posting that time on the GDT, it tells WNFF readers that this is NOT a "suggested" lineup.)

EDIT: So NO, those are NOT the lineups that were initially posted here.  ;)  :D
The Nationals lineup is correct, but not the Reds.  Harris is leading off for the Reds, not Stubbs.  Rolen isn't in the lineup at all, Bruce is 4th, not 5th, Heisley is in LF instead of gave-us-a-gift Ludwick; Valdez isn't playing.

(You're welcome to pin this in a GameDayThread setup thread.)  I'm not sure how to center things, so it's hard when the previous day's GDT is locked.

Also, Comcast's Guide shows Nats Extra at 3:30 pm today, with the game at 4:00 pm on MASN-2.  Sometimes these guides don't show the game, but MASN's site will.

Online imref

« Reply #42: April 14, 2012, 02:15:35 PM »
Absolute mess getting to the stadium. Crash on 495 near wlson bridge. Closings due to parade. No bobbleheads for us.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #43: April 14, 2012, 02:26:17 PM »
Its only 1? But I want to watch the game nowwwwwww

:lmao:  You are definitely hammonds' brother.

Offline The Chief

« Reply #44: April 14, 2012, 02:30:14 PM »
There, the lineups are correct :razz:

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #45: April 14, 2012, 02:35:09 PM »
Absolute mess getting to the stadium. Crash on 495 near wlson bridge. Closings due to parade. No bobbleheads for us.
Trafficland.com - Washington is fantastic for seeing the status of traffic, in order to identify alternate routes.  You click on the directional arrows to move the screen.  Click on plus to zoom in, - to zoom out.  You can put the mouse over blue dots and see the actual camera picture for what you select.

This helps a lot if you plan to go south on I-95 into Prince William County, VA, to know where to get off, even on a Saturday.

http://www.trafficland.com/city/WAS/

Black = bumper to bumper or very slow
Red = slow
Yellow = moderate speed
Green = fast or non-rush hour speeds

It gobbles up computer resources, so you'll want to close the window when you're done looking at it.

It actually only looks slow in a small part of the Beltway, and on the 14th Street Bridge entering DC.  You can see lots of ways to get there on that site.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #46: April 14, 2012, 03:12:32 PM »

agreed and i'd rather have espinosa at two than ankiel.  if anybody it should be werth at 2, but danny is getting on base and we're winning.

Online imref

« Reply #47: April 14, 2012, 03:15:29 PM »
Made it and got our bobbleheads!!  Whooo hoooo!!!

Offline The Chief

« Reply #48: April 14, 2012, 03:31:04 PM »
"yesterday's game 4 hours 4 minutes, waaaay past Phil Wood's bedtime" :lol:

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
« Reply #49: April 14, 2012, 03:32:53 PM »
zimm had his beast mode shirt on for that interview :)