Author Topic: Nationals @ Marlins, Game 3  (Read 11213 times)

Offline sportsfan882

Re: Nationals @ Marlins, Game 3
« Reply #150: April 22, 2007, 03:33:31 PM »
If I could trade Chief for any decent, reasonably young starting pitcher, I'd do it in a heartbeat. 

Offline PC

« Reply #151: April 22, 2007, 03:35:38 PM »
If I could trade Chief for any decent, reasonably young starting pitcher, I'd do it in a heartbeat. 

No one would want him now.  We lost our chance to trade him this spring training.

Now the wheels are completely off.

Offline PC

« Reply #152: April 22, 2007, 03:39:44 PM »
No one would want him now.  We lost our chance to trade him this spring training.

The wheels are off and the wagon is on fire!

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #153: April 22, 2007, 03:40:11 PM »
JESUS Flores gets a 2nd double (ground rule.)  He should be batting every day, at least as a PH.

Offline PC

« Reply #154: April 22, 2007, 03:44:46 PM »
A useless grand salami for Zim... :shock:

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #155: April 22, 2007, 03:47:36 PM »
First Grand Slam by Zimmerman, 9th inning, 2 out.  Yawn

Final Score
Marlins 12
Nationals 6

Offline PC

« Reply #156: April 22, 2007, 03:51:08 PM »
You know it's bad when you hit a grand slam and lose.

You know it's REALLY bad when you hit a grand slam and lose and could have hit another grand slam and STILL lost!

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #157: April 22, 2007, 03:52:00 PM »

Totally. I think we missed a great opportunity to unload him for something. Bowden was trying to fleece the Red Sox and it backfired. Now we're probably stuck with him.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #158: April 22, 2007, 03:53:20 PM »
You know it's bad when you hit a grand slam and lose.

You know it's REALLY bad when you hit a grand slam and lose and could have hit another grand slam and STILL lost!

Actually if we had two more grand slams we would've lost it in the bottom of the 9th.  :?

Offline kimnat

« Reply #159: April 22, 2007, 04:07:40 PM »
If we're losing so bad, then why is the Chief in there today??

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #160: April 22, 2007, 04:14:34 PM »
Why Ryan Church was taken out:

Post game show:  Manny Acta said that he was a fan of Ryan Church before the season began.  But Ryan didn't run out the groundout (video shows him start jogging near 1st base.)  So Manny removed him from the game immediately, (after that play.)  Manny said he expected everyone to play hard, and that this sort of thing would not be tolerated.  He also said that he expects that Church got the message, and that nothing more would be done to him.

Church was then interviewed on TV.  He said that Manny never actually said anything to him, that he just told Snelling to get ready to go in.  In fact, Church said, "I already knew before I got back to the dugout.  I didn't run it out.  He told us a long time ago that everyone had to play hard or they would not play.  I got the message."  Church was not angry or upset. 

This is how you can make the playoffs without a pile of money to pay players.  Players and manager get on the same page.

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
« Reply #161: April 22, 2007, 04:17:04 PM »
Why Ryan Church was taken out:

Post game show:  Manny Acta said that he was a fan of Ryan Church before the season began.  But Ryan didn't run out the groundout (video shows him start jogging near 1st base.)  So Manny removed him from the game immediately, (after that play.)  Manny said he expected everyone to play hard, and that this sort of thing would not be tolerated.  He also said that he expects that Church got the message, and that nothing more would be done to him.

(Image removed from quote.)

oh well, i guess i can repsect that, but if we were still in the ame and ahd a chacne at a comeback, i would've been mad with that act of discipline

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #162: April 22, 2007, 04:36:57 PM »
oh well, i guess i can repsect that, but if we were still in the ame and ahd a chacne at a comeback, i would've been mad with that act of discipline

The score was 0-0 as it was Church's first AB.  Everyone wondered if he was hurt or sick and CBS Sportsline posted a Fantasy note that he'd been taken out with no explanation.  It's hot, he plays CF and maybe he was trying to preserve his energy - but he gave no excuses when asked, and didn't look upset in the dugout when he was removed, and neither did Manny. 

Acta also complimented Jerome Williams for staying out there when he was asked, despite the shelling.  With  tommorrow a travel day, I wondered why we didn't give the team more of a chance to win by getting JW out of there. 

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #163: April 22, 2007, 04:53:36 PM »
Good to see Zimmerman finally hit his first home run / grand slam of the year. We should be seeing more of the same in the coming weeks. I think Zimmerman has officially got rid of his first and going to be only slump of the season.

Offline NatsAddict

« Reply #164: April 22, 2007, 05:47:32 PM »
The weather was nice, about 80 with a pretty good breeze coming in from right-center.  We were sitting about 5 rows behind and 3 seats towards the outfield from the Nats dugout.  There was some major pissing-off going on in there early in the game.  I think the whole team wanted Church drawn and quartered.  Did anyone see if he stayed on the bench or went into the clubhouse?

I think it's safe to say Zimmerman's finally arrived.  It going to be nice having his bat in there for the next 143 games.  Once NJ gets back, and then gets into game-shape, things will be even better.  Even after a game like this, I still feel the Nats are going to ruin somebody's season during the second half.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #165: April 22, 2007, 07:07:55 PM »
Sorry guys, I was, as n2p said, "churching."

Thanks for filling in guys.

Offline ernie0326

« Reply #166: April 22, 2007, 08:41:31 PM »
Jerome is such a freaking loser.  What a ****ing @$$hole.  FU Jerome, if he makes another start for us this season I will lose a lot of respect for Manny and Bowden.   Looks like our bullpen is going to get overworked again.  These last few games have been absolutely devastating. 

Heyyyyy ....how about a sedative, man??  Jeez...you're taking this waaaaaay too hard!!

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #167: April 22, 2007, 09:09:37 PM »
Heyyyyy ....how about a sedative, man??  Jeez...you're taking this waaaaaay too hard!!
let it go man...he's always like that.    :)