Author Topic: Nationals vs Pirates, Game 1  (Read 14220 times)

Offline sportsfan882

Re: Nationals vs Pirates, Game 1
« Reply #250: May 01, 2008, 11:47:54 PM »
can anyone post the article that says dukes is heading for columbus? i'm still searching...
Meanwhile, outfielder Elijah Dukes, who is on the disabled list with a right hamstring strain, will play for Triple-A Columbus on Saturday to face more difficult starting pitching. He is currently playing for Class A Potomac, and has gone 3-for-14 (.215) with an RBI.

"Dukes has made progress," said Bowden. "He ripped a double, [and] it was an extremely hard-hit ball. He also struck out three times and struggled with the breaking ball [on Wednesday.] His timing was a little off, he looked good defensively and he ran well. ... So after tonight at Potomac, he's going to go to Columbus and face a little more difficult pitching. I'm not going to put a timetable on when he's back. It could be two days, three days, four days, a week. I'm not going to do that. I told him today in a meeting that his bat will determine when he comes here. That's [what's] going to decide. It's not going to be me. It's not going to be him. It's going to be the bat that decides."
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080501&content_id=2623743&vkey=news_was&fext=.jsp&c_id=was