Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls Thread  (Read 62087 times)

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
Re: Skyrim Thread
« Reply #825: October 19, 2012, 10:23:24 PM »
Did you side with Imperials or Stormcloaks?

Stormcloaks?  Racist bastards.  Imperials are no better though :|

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #826: October 19, 2012, 10:26:42 PM »
I basically just went around looting dungeons in a circle farther and farther out from Riverwood until I got bored with the game :lol:

I did eventually go with the Imperials though, mostly because they seemed cool and the Stormcloaks seemed like dicks.  Who you follow in the very beginning doesn't actually matter, you don't "choose" until you join the imperial legion in Solitude or the Stormcloaks in Windhelm.

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
« Reply #827: October 19, 2012, 11:28:27 PM »
The main story is weird. Skyrim is likely screwed no matter which faction wins.

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #828: October 21, 2012, 08:37:49 PM »
so the game levels up with me right? like the enemies are all level-appropriate regardless of where I go and when?

BTW, I am playing a Dark Elf, Thief/Assassin type, with Conjuration as my primary magic.  Dual Bound Swords sneak attack ftw.

and uh...I'm collecting Books. don't have a House yet to put them in, but I got a bunch so far.

Offline JMW IV

« Reply #829: November 03, 2012, 05:29:21 PM »
So...I messed up.

I played Dragon's Dogma.

Now I can't go back to Skyrim Combat.

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #830: November 08, 2012, 02:11:02 PM »
Ok, finally got Skyrim. Any suggestions for starting out. I'm going with the warrior/mage style character. I'll peep this from work tonight, but more than likely won't post. Working on weaponsmithing too. Worth it?

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
« Reply #831: November 08, 2012, 05:42:11 PM »
Ok, finally got Skyrim. Any suggestions for starting out. I'm going with the warrior/mage style character. I'll peep this from work tonight, but more than likely won't post. Working on weaponsmithing too. Worth it?
Max out your blacksmithing. It goes up at the same rate no matter if you make cheap crap or elaborate armor, so travel from town to town buying tons of iron ingots and leather strips and make oodles of iron daggers. It's a cheap and easy way to max out your smithing skills so long as you have a couple of hours to burn doing it.

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #832: November 09, 2012, 12:33:28 AM »
Max out your blacksmithing. It goes up at the same rate no matter if you make cheap crap or elaborate armor, so travel from town to town buying tons of iron ingots and leather strips and make oodles of iron daggers. It's a cheap and easy way to max out your smithing skills so long as you have a couple of hours to burn doing it.

I can find time :lol: well, a little anyways. Is the DLC worth getting?

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
« Reply #833: November 09, 2012, 01:03:33 AM »

I can find time :lol: well, a little anyways. Is the DLC worth getting?
Dawnguard is really good, but Hearthfire is supposed to suck. There is another coming out in December.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/05/bethesda-confirms-skyrim-dragonborn-dlc

I just found that out. Guess it's time to get Skyrim back out. I accidentally saved over my badass elf wizard, so I'm having to start over. Got a long way to go before I get back to where I was, but I can probably find the time to do it before the new DLC releases.

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #834: November 09, 2012, 01:06:49 AM »
Dawnguard is really good, but Hearthfire is supposed to suck. There is another coming out in December.

I just found that out. Guess it's time to get Skyrim back out. I accidentally saved over my badass elf wizard, so I'm having to start over. Got a long way to go before I get back to where I was, but I can probably find the time to do it before the new DLC releases.

Any other PC games I should consider adding to my collection? Well, my new collection i should say. I'm "getting" Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning and Dragon Age 2. I prefer RPGs and sports games. Might look into Need For Speed: The Run.

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
« Reply #835: November 09, 2012, 01:14:13 AM »
Any other PC games I should consider adding to my collection? Well, my new collection i should say. I'm "getting" Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning and Dragon Age 2. I prefer RPGs and sports games. Might look into Need For Speed: The Run.
I play Skyrim on the 360, not my PC.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #836: November 09, 2012, 01:22:21 AM »
Steam sales should hit soon, they usually have some killer deals.

Try out the starter (free) edition of World of Warcraft.  Diablo 3 isn't a bad value, it has enough to justify the price and they ARE making improvements, but it's still not the masterpiece that was Diablo 2.

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #837: November 09, 2012, 08:01:07 AM »
Steam sales should hit soon, they usually have some killer deals.

Try out the starter (free) edition of World of Warcraft.  Diablo 3 isn't a bad value, it has enough to justify the price and they ARE making improvements, but it's still not the masterpiece that was Diablo 2.

I did enjoy Diablo 2. I like WoW, but not enough to justify a yearly fee. I wish there were some good sports games on PC.

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #838: November 09, 2012, 08:03:59 AM »
Oh, and fwiw, the laptop set it to play on Ultra settings. I love this machine! If for only another few months when it's super obsolete :lol:

Offline The Chief

« Reply #839: November 09, 2012, 10:03:46 AM »

Returning to Solstheim?  Easy day one purchase for me.  Or day 31, I guess...  stupid Xbox exclusives :?

I don't see what's so bad about Hearthfire...  it's obviously going to appeal to some people and not others, and it's only 5 bucks.  Shrug.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #840: November 23, 2012, 01:23:50 PM »
Skyrim is on the Steam autumn sale today for 50% off ($29.99)

Offline Nathan

Re: The Elder Scrolls Thread
« Reply #841: January 23, 2013, 01:17:28 AM »
Debated on whether to rename this thread or start a new one, decided on the former.  Chief feel free to split/revert.

But anywho, you can now register for the Elder Scrolls Online beta!

http://signup.elderscrollsonline.com

Offline Nathan

« Reply #842: January 27, 2013, 04:37:04 AM »
Skyrim is 50% off on steam as well as the 2 dlcs Hearthfire and Dawnguard until 1pm is anyone needs it.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #843: January 28, 2013, 01:19:34 AM »
Well done and clever video:

Offline The Chief

« Reply #844: August 01, 2013, 01:44:19 PM »
:az:

Offline Nathan

« Reply #845: August 01, 2013, 03:14:11 PM »
:az:

Offline Nathan

« Reply #846: August 02, 2013, 01:16:53 PM »
So who's going to watch this and relay the info here for those of us unable to access twitch atm?

Offline Optics

« Reply #847: August 03, 2013, 08:58:36 PM »
I didn't watch it live but did watch it afterwards, just google Elder Scrolls twitch.

Gameplay looks interesting, basically standard ES style but with other people. Definitely not a traditional looking MMO. May be worth a pick up, but I wish they could have just spent the resources to make another ES single player game.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #848: August 03, 2013, 09:22:46 PM »
I didn't watch it live but did watch it afterwards, just google Elder Scrolls twitch.

Gameplay looks interesting, basically standard ES style but with other people. Definitely not a traditional looking MMO. May be worth a pick up, but I wish they could have just spent the resources to make another ES single player game.

ESO is being developed by ZeniMax Online Studios, created just to make ESO and so that Bethesda Game Studios can continue developing the single player game (dlc and/or a new game).

Offline JMW IV

« Reply #849: August 03, 2013, 09:33:39 PM »
ESO is being developed by ZeniMax Online Studios, created just to make ESO and so that Bethesda Game Studios can continue developing the single player game (dlc and/or a new game).

apparently Skyrim content is done, and they are moving on to ES 6.