Author Topic: Minor League Rosters  (Read 2494 times)

Offline First Base Lady

Minor League Rosters
« Topic Start: April 01, 2008, 11:48:19 AM »
Brian Oliver over at the Nationals Farm Authority has posted the 2008 opening rosters for the minor league teams.  He also has a post regarding those players that have been released , injured, or remain in Viera on the Extended Spring Training roster. 

Check it out at this link:

http://www.farmauthority.dcsportsnet.com/

Offline sportsfan882

Re: Minor League Rosters
« Reply #1: April 01, 2008, 12:51:56 PM »
Good stuff.

-Munoz and Speigner start the year in AA after being in Columbus/DC last season. Ouch.
-Andrew LeFave, the 1B we got for King from MIL, starts the season in AA. Big jump from Low-A ball which he flourished in last season.
-Nice to see both J-Max and Daniel start the year in AA.
-Surprised they didn't put Carr in AA although I think he will go back up quickly.  Zech needs a confidence boost which hopefully he can get in Potomac before going up to Harrisburg again.
-Martis starts the year in Harrisburg.  He pitched well in Potomac last season. He could be a real sleeper prospect.
-We actually have some "relatively decent" players in Columbus if we need them. Bret Boone, Kory Casto, Larry Broadway, Alex Escobar, and Garrett Guzman are all on the roster.  The rotation is going to be sick.  I could see all 5 guys having big years.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #2: April 01, 2008, 01:28:11 PM »
That Columbus rotation really is great. I'll probably go to Detwiler's first start for Potomac.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #3: April 01, 2008, 02:13:58 PM »
That Columbus rotation really is great. I'll probably go to Detwiler's first start for Potomac.

Don't forget Shawn Hill is going to have a start in Potomac too.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #4: April 01, 2008, 02:45:53 PM »
Don't forget Shawn Hill is going to have a start in Potomac too.

Really? When is that? I'll go to that one, too.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #5: April 01, 2008, 04:19:33 PM »
Really? When is that? I'll go to that one, too.
Hill is scheduled to fly to Viera, Fla., today (yesterday) and pitch four innings in a minor league game on Thursday. He's slated to follow that start with a five-inning outing at Single-A Potomac on April 8, and his season debut with the Nationals on April 13.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #6: April 01, 2008, 09:45:20 PM »
Hagerstown is going to be very interesting for quite some time.

Offline Evolution33

• Blown Save, Win
« Reply #7: April 01, 2008, 09:58:08 PM »
Hagerstown is going to be very interesting for quite some time.

Hopefully in a year or two all the teams are interesting for a long long time.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #8: April 03, 2008, 09:04:10 AM »
April 8th will be my first game covering the PNats for my blog - would be rather ironic to have Shawn Hill on the mound.  If you guys are coming let me know...we'll hook up.

By the way, I posted the photos from the PNats Banquet that took place last night on my site.  Chris Marrero, Ross Detwiler & Jordan Zimmerman were there along with the rest of the team.

This afternoon is media day at Pfitzner Stadium, but it looks like it's going to rain.   :?

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #9: April 04, 2008, 04:58:18 PM »
i'm curious about Adrian Alaniz.  He was in Potomac last year and was 7-2 I think.  He came out of Texas and was just filthy, not terribly over powering.  I doubt he's started any games yet this year especially considering the opener's tonight. But I think he has a chance to be quite good actually.  Any news/thoughts on him?

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #10: April 04, 2008, 05:55:47 PM »
Alaniz pitched in Vermont last season. He doesn't throw hard but he's got good control. Hopefully I'll get to see him sometime in Potomac this season.

bbq552

« Reply #11: April 06, 2008, 05:25:03 PM »
Good stuff.

-Munoz and Speigner start the year in AA after being in Columbus/DC last season. Ouch.
-Andrew LeFave, the 1B we got for King from MIL, starts the season in AA. Big jump from Low-A ball which he flourished in last season.
-Nice to see both J-Max and Daniel start the year in AA.
-Surprised they didn't put Carr in AA although I think he will go back up quickly.  Zech needs a confidence boost which hopefully he can get in Potomac before going up to Harrisburg again.
-Martis starts the year in Harrisburg.  He pitched well in Potomac last season. He could be a real sleeper prospect.
-We actually have some "relatively decent" players in Columbus if we need them. Bret Boone, Kory Casto, Larry Broadway, Alex Escobar, and Garrett Guzman are all on the roster.  The rotation is going to be sick.  I could see all 5 guys having big years.

What is the rotation in Columbus cause u said 5 big years

Here are a few
1. Mike O'connor...not a prospect but he's one of the big 4
2. John Lannan
3. Garret Mock
4. Colin Ballester
5. ???? Bacisk?????

this is not in any order

Offline mikehughes

« Reply #12: April 08, 2008, 09:27:04 PM »
Im interested in what Daniels does at AA
hes a good outfielder who gets overshadowed alot by our other OF prospects like Maxwell, Burgess, and than guys like Millz, n Dukes.
The guy is apparently seen by the orginazation as the top hitter in the system so maybe he'll get himself more on the radar this season hes off to a good start so far through 3 games hitting .545, 2 RBI's, 3 steals, hopefully he keeps it up the whole year and maybe gets a promotion to AAA later or possibly a chance with a Sept. call-up. 
- http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070317&content_id=1847529&vkey=spt2007news&fext=.jsp&c_id=was

Offline mikehughes

« Reply #13: April 08, 2008, 09:32:25 PM »
Im interested in what Daniels does at AA
hes a good outfielder who gets overshadowed alot by our other OF prospects like Maxwell, Burgess, and than guys like Millz, n Dukes.
The guy is apparently seen by the orginazation as the top hitter in the system so maybe he'll get himself more on the radar this season hes off to a good start so far through 3 games hitting .545, 2 RBI's, 3 steals, hopefully he keeps it up the whole year and maybe gets a promotion to AAA later or possibly a chance with a Sept. call-up. 
- http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070317&content_id=1847529&vkey=spt2007news&fext=.jsp&c_id=was

And heres what he did last year in his first pro season between Hagerstown and Potomac
AVG G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI TB BB SO SB CS OBP SLG OPS
.294 125 487 75 143 35 6 11 78 223 48 112 25 11 .362 .458 .820

Offline BBQ

• Not Werth it.
« Reply #14: April 08, 2008, 09:46:02 PM »
Here is our OF in Harrisburg know

Justin Maxwell...Roger Bernadina...Mike Daniel
24 years old......23 years old........23 years old

And in Columbus know

Ryan Langerhans...Garret Guzman...Alex Escobar
28 years old............25 years old..........29 years old

Big difference, in skill, potential, and age.

Offline mikehughes

« Reply #15: April 08, 2008, 10:26:24 PM »
Here is our OF in Harrisburg know

Justin Maxwell...Roger Bernadina...Mike Daniel
24 years old......23 years old........23 years old

And in Columbus know

Ryan Langerhans...Garret Guzman...Alex Escobar
28 years old............25 years old..........29 years old

Big difference, in skill, potential, and age.

Forgot about Bernnnyyy hes got some good potential too but of our main OF prospects id say he ranks more at the back and seems more like a Nook Logan kinda guy who has speed and some defense but not to much else

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #16: April 09, 2008, 10:26:32 AM »
Forgot about Bernnnyyy hes got some good potential too but of our main OF prospects id say he ranks more at the back and seems more like a Nook Logan kinda guy who has speed and some defense but not to much else
Maxwell and Garett Guzman are immediately ahead of him. If we get our bench in order next year and swing a trade for one of our outfield guys, maybe Guzman will be up.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #17: May 12, 2008, 10:06:28 AM »
Alaniz pitched in Vermont last season. He doesn't throw hard but he's got good control. Hopefully I'll get to see him sometime in Potomac this season.

Looks like he's rebounding from his tough start winning his last four starts and dropping his ERA to 2.37.

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080511&content_id=397567&vkey=news_t436&fext=.jsp&sid=t436

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #18: May 12, 2008, 05:54:59 PM »
Looks like he's rebounding from his tough start winning his last four starts and dropping his ERA to 2.37.

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080511&content_id=397567&vkey=news_t436&fext=.jsp&sid=t436
That's my photo on the main page slideshow.   :pimp: