Author Topic: Nationals @ Phillies, Game 1  (Read 35657 times)

Online sportsfan882

Re: Nationals @ Phillies, Game 1
« Reply #775: April 27, 2009, 11:14:33 PM »
Heres the bullpen

Hanrahan = 3 blown games
Rivera = 2 blown games

Bergmann, Hinckley, [other generic bullpen names here] = walks walks walks

Our bullpen is many reasons why we lose along with our clutch hitting.

But so far, 5 games have been ACTUALLY blown by our relievers while a few others have been helped out because of a run or two given up on walks
if we had not blown those 5 games, we would be 9-9 right now and only 1.5 games out of first.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #776: April 27, 2009, 11:18:34 PM »
We have the offense to compete... just missing the rest of the equation.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #777: April 27, 2009, 11:19:51 PM »
On another note, last I saw Zimmy was batting .299 with 4 homers.  Hopefully it continues onto 17 game hitting streak
If Hanrahan is still on this team tomorrow morning,
Manny needs to provide BJ's to Zim-with-1-N,  :worship: DUKES  :az:, Nick-at-Nite, and AdamDunn.

...BEFORE he is BURNED AT THE STAKE!!!

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #778: April 27, 2009, 11:20:48 PM »
We have the offense to compete... just missing the rest of the equation.

a) an owner to back the team
b) a manger
c) a front office to make moves
d) a bullpen that isn't compromised of AAAA retreads and borderline prospects
e) all of the above

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #779: April 27, 2009, 11:21:01 PM »
If Hanrahan is still on this team tomorrow morning, Manny needs to provide BJ's to Zim-with-12-N,  :worship: DUKES  :az:, Nick-at-Nite, and AdamDunn.

(Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.)    

...BEFORE he is BURNED AT THE STAKE!!!

:rofl: :rofl:

Not only he, but blow jobs on the house from Joel will do.

Offline JMUalumni

« Reply #780: April 27, 2009, 11:21:28 PM »
I'm still mad we didn't hire Rick Petersen when he was canned by the Mets during last season.

Did he sign with someone?

I would love to have him as part of our staff, he is one of the best in the business.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #781: April 27, 2009, 11:22:54 PM »

As many games as he's blown... I'm sure he's had plenty of practice.

Online sportsfan882

« Reply #782: April 27, 2009, 11:23:11 PM »

good one n2p :rofl:

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
« Reply #783: April 27, 2009, 11:26:03 PM »
i'm speechless now.  what a terrible loss.

work tomorrow is going to be the ultimate worst. 

1) i can't believe they gave away two 4-run leads. 

2) i can't believe joel hanrahan is still the closer. 

3) i can't believe manny acta still has a manager job in the big leagues. 

4) i can't believe the lerners can wake up every morning in their bed full of $100 bills and then shower (i bet they shower together to save money) and then actually look themselves in the mirror (but @ nats park there aren't a lot of mirrors in the bathroom, once again thanks to the cheapage).

there ya go ... 4 things ... for as many freakin wins we have this year.  4-14.  18 games and just 4 freakin wins. 

We have more Blown Saves than Wins! 'Nuff said.

MrMadison

« Reply #784: April 27, 2009, 11:30:00 PM »
Manny presser - same old crap?

and the Nats Xtra guys are roasting the bullpen, right?

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #785: April 27, 2009, 11:33:08 PM »
Manny presser - same old crap?

and the Nats Xtra guys are roasting the bullpen, right?

Basically, yes.

Online skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #786: April 27, 2009, 11:38:28 PM »
I'm embarrassed for everyone. For Zim, Dunn, Dukes, all of the guys that are playing their asses off for us and are treated like this. it makes me sick.

I truly cannot believe RZ signed here for 5 years. It's amazing that we get any players to come play here.

Wow how quickly you forget.  Dukes playing his ass off?  How about he at least puts on his freakin' glasses in the freakin' sun!  Please, he hits some balls woohoo that is what he is paid to do, he also screws up in the field and screws his pitchers over, as the hitters did a couple of games last week while their pitchers pitched their hearts out.  this team is collectively bad right now, defense, pitching, bats, they've all had their awful moments.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #787: April 27, 2009, 11:41:39 PM »
If BEIMEL had been made the CLOSER when it became obvious that Hanrahan could NOT do it, BEIMEL would not have been on the field at all, at the time he was injured, (during the rain game.) With a HEALTHY Beimel, we would have WON this game, AND several others.

MANNY AND CLAIRE MUST BE BURNED AT THE STAKE, or SHOT AT DAWN.

Online sportsfan882

« Reply #788: April 27, 2009, 11:43:39 PM »
Wow how quickly you forget.  Dukes playing his ass off?  How about he at least puts on his freakin' glasses in the freakin' sun!  Please, he hits some balls woohoo that is what he is paid to do, he also screws up in the field and screws his pitchers over, as the hitters did a couple of games last week while their pitchers pitched their hearts out.  this team is collectively bad right now, defense, pitching, bats, they've all had their awful moments.
Dukes hater, heh?

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #789: April 27, 2009, 11:45:11 PM »
Same pathetic regurgitated luke-warm spit of a team and 90% of the reason is piss poor ownership decisions, atrocious business management and pathetic coaching.  God this story is so old.  I see now why we lost two franchises and nobody thought we would ever get a third.  Somebody please call Mighty Mouse.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #790: April 27, 2009, 11:48:04 PM »
i'm not embarrassed for anyone on the team.  they've all had their ups and downs.  i'm embarrassed for us, the fans.  we don't deserve more losing like this.  i can understand a game here and there.  BUT freakING 18 GAMES INTO THE SEASON, 14 LOSSES (MOST OF ALL JUST ABSOLUTE CATASTROPHES).

we all have better crap to do in life and it sucks that we care so much about this club, b/c we could all be spending time attending to other crap.  at least they won't break our hearts night in and night out like this team does (and our freaking owners).

Online skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #791: April 27, 2009, 11:54:49 PM »
Dukes hater, heh?

Not at all, I just used that example.  I could have said Dunn screwing up the catch in the 6th (what the hell was he doing out there??) or Zim and Gonzalez looking like idiots trying to handle a popup, I'm pointing out that yes the bats were great but ya know what?  Fielding matters too, they screw their pitchers over ALOT with dumbass mistakes out there, and for that I do hold Manny Acta accountable.  They do not ever look ready to play in all phases of the game.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #792: April 28, 2009, 12:49:01 AM »
please for the love of god let me start the gameday thread on tuesday.  i'm 1-0.  the only undefeated gameday thread starter on here (correct me if i'm wrong i may not be). 

Online sportsfan882

« Reply #793: April 28, 2009, 12:51:28 AM »
please for the love of god let me start the gameday thread on tuesday.  i'm 1-0.  the only undefeated gameday thread starter on here (correct me if i'm wrong i may not be). 
you better make it soon or he will beat you to the punch. he'll probably delete it anyways and start his own.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #794: April 28, 2009, 12:52:55 AM »
you better make it soon or he will beat you to the punch. he'll probably delete it anyways and start his own.

word.  haha if i lose i won't do it every a freakin game i promise.  why not try and reverse our luck, ya know wht i mean?!?!

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #795: April 28, 2009, 12:55:40 AM »
word.  haha if i lose i won't do it every a freakin game i promise.  why not try and reverse our luck, ya know wht i mean?!?!

:lol: read my message

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #796: April 28, 2009, 05:29:03 AM »
If BEIMEL had been made the CLOSER when it became obvious that Hanrahan could NOT do it, BEIMEL would not have been on the field at all, at the time he was injured, (during the rain game.) With a HEALTHY Beimel, we would have WON this game, AND several others.

Yeah, we need Beimel back ASAP.

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #797: April 28, 2009, 06:21:10 AM »
how do you score 11 runs, hit 5 HRs, have two different 4-run leads, and LOSE?

We knew in s/t that the bullpen was the weak link.  We're living with the results now.  :hang: