Author Topic: Worst offensive performance in Nationals history - 2012 edition  (Read 14344 times)

Offline RobDibblesGhost

Hard to believe, but the bulk of our offense so far has been Ian Desmond and Adam LaRoche :lmao: 

Offline HalfSmokes

Today is a good candidate- pretty anemic - yuck

But I think you gotta tip your cap to Samardzjia, he was really good, high 90s, threw strikes all day. Pretty good outing for him I thought.

Still, we won our opening series on the road, I think that's fantastic.

over under 4.5 era for Samardzjia this season- I'm going with over

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
over under 4.5 era for Samardzjia this season- I'm going with over

So what

Doesn't mean he wasn't really good today

Offline HalfSmokes

He looked good, but our offense had a lot to do with that

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause

Yeah the offense was anemic, but I thought Samardzjia was really good today regardless.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

It was definitely a combination of both.  Apparently, Samardzjia had a great spring and earned the rotation spot, so hat's off to him for a good performance today. 

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun
http://www.masnsports.com/nationals_pastime/2012/04/werth-not-concerned-with-slow-start.html

Jayson Werth is still feeling OK despite the being a big part of the worst offensive performance in Nationals history.

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
http://www.masnsports.com/nationals_pastime/2012/04/werth-not-concerned-with-slow-start.html

Jayson Werth is still feeling OK despite the being a big part of the worst offensive performance in Nationals history.

Wasn't that the tune last year?

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun
It was definitely a combination of both.  Apparently, Samardzjia had a great spring and earned the rotation spot, so hat's off to him for a good performance today. 

He shut down some pretty good hitters including Zim and our secret weapon Chad Tracy.  Espinosa hit one to warning track against him and LaRoche connected so they touched him a couple of times.  But Samardzjia was really impressive.  Upper 90's into the 9th inning is something you don't see regularly.

Offline Obed_Marsh

I wonder when Werth(less) will concede he needs to leap in front of breaking pitches and bunt more to get on base. ;)

Offline aspenbubba

Hard to believe, but the bulk of our offense so far has been Ian Desmond and Adam LaRoche :lmao: 

Would you believe that they were the most villified players this spring and off-season and they are the only two regulars hitting over .200

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
It's really too bad the season doesn't end today.  Only 159 games left to play to see just who got lucky and who's for real.

Offline ZimW1N

• ResignSoto2025
Would you believe that they were the most villified players this spring and off-season and they are the only two regulars hitting over .200

Werth was defiantly more vilified.

Offline aspenbubba

I wonder when Werth(less) will concede he needs to leap in front of breaking pitches and bunt more to get on base. ;)

You got that freakin wrong, "concedes he needs to leap in front of " a CSX freight train. The only way we will get out from under his damn contract.This signing can adversely affect the team for the next 4-5 years in every respect. He will be played because you don't want a 20 mil bench player and we won't be able to afford FA because of the contract. This will be Rizzos unforgivable sin and the perpetual albatross for the team.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
You got that freakin wrong, "concedes he needs to leap in front of " a CSX freight train...

This will be Rizzos unforgivable sin and the perpetual albatross for the team.

And people say I'm negative.  If last year really was the best year we're getting out of Werthless some people here have got some crow to eat.

Offline PC

Do we need a Jayson Werth Unappreciation or Werth needs to be benched thread for 2012 or do we bump up the one from last year?  It was 34 pages and it started on June 12th...

aspenbubba, shockingly, got the original post in that thread. :lol:

http://www.wnff.net/index.php?topic=23018.0

Offline aspenbubba

Do we need a Jayson Werth Unappreciation or Werth needs to be benched thread for 2012 or do we bump up the one from last year?  It was 34 pages and it started on June 12th...

aspenbubba, shockingly, got the original post in that thread. :lol:

http://www.wnff.net/index.php?topic=23018.0

Why shockingly? Am I really a SSS? I call it like I see it. I want the team to win and I don't get crazed unless there is no hope . I have been lumped with Welsh as an old timer and yes I grew up with the Senators. I was so infuriated by the Denny McLain trade that I never went to another game that following last season.Is this contract of the same proportions? Probably not , only because we didn't give up any players from our core , but it will affect the team for many years . It is just one position resulting in a black hole and it could probably be  "hidden" on a championship calibre team.

I am not nor have I ever called for Rizzos' firing but missing out on Michael Bourn and the Gio trade ( which is way too early to judge) could also loom over the team as almost potentially disastrous as the Werthless signing . I am not sure how you gauge the resultant qualities of a GM. What is the acceptable averages" from trades and signings? Is it 50 % 60 , 70?

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
It'd be nice to get Lombo a start in LF tonight... just to see how he looks out there with a full game of AB's.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
Why shockingly? Am I really a SSS? I call it like I see it.

I believe the shock was sarcastic, since you had just said that Werth should jump in front of a freight train.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
I am not nor have I ever called for Rizzos' firing but missing out on Michael Bourn and the Gio trade ( which is way too early to judge) could also loom over the team as almost potentially disastrous as the Werthless signing . I am not sure how you gauge the resultant qualities of a GM. What is the acceptable averages" from trades and signings? Is it 50 % 60 , 70?

If Milone continues to outperform Gio this year there will be a strong case for firing Rizzo as his signature trade and free agent signings will have been massive failures.  Of course if the Nats make the playoffs then Rizzo survives for another year regardless but as a GM it will be hard for him to overcome having his two biggest moves turn into busts.

Offline aspenbubba

I believe the shock was sarcastic, since you had just said that Werth should be PUSHED in front of a freight train.

FTFY

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
FTFY

That's really about the only way we're getting ride of that clown.  Unless, of course, he's bankrolling and running an underground chinchilla fighting ring.  Otherwise, get the boo birds ready, it's going to be a long six seasons.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
If Milone continues to outperform Gio this year there will be a strong case for firing Rizzo as his signature trade and free agent signings will have been massive failures.  Of course if the Nats make the playoffs then Rizzo survives for another year regardless but as a GM it will be hard for him to overcome having his two biggest moves turn into busts.

Is Gio really his signature trade over Ramos?

Also with the drafts and the seeming involvement of the Lerners in the Werth deal I just don't see there being much of any case for him being fired, and that's not factoring in the Lerners' complacency. We're almost certainly with Rizzo for several more years.

Offline PebbleBall

• Now that right there is baseball.
That's really about the only way we're getting ride of that clown.  Unless, of course, he's bankrolling and running an underground chinchilla fighting ring.  Otherwise, get the boo birds ready, it's going to be a long six seasons.

And infinite offseasons of "the Nats are said to be interested in XXXX, but are wary of big-money deals after the Jayson Werth signing"

It's too bad he doesn't give a crap, because a normal person might walk away from the humiliation before his contract is up. 

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
And infinite offseasons of "the Nats are said to be interested in XXXX, but are wary of big-money deals after the Jayson Werth signing"

It's too bad he doesn't give a crap, because a normal person might walk away from the humiliation before his contract is up. 

For that kind of money, I would gladly humilate myself like that