Author Topic: Nationals Park Questions? (2011-2014)  (Read 171573 times)

Offline UPT

Re: Nationals Park Questions?
« Reply #225: March 12, 2012, 08:37:53 AM »
I see on the website that the main team store by the center field gate is closed until further notice. Does anybody know when it will be back open or where I could get an authentic jersey aside from ordering online?

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #226: March 12, 2012, 08:43:16 AM »
I see on the website that the main team store by the center field gate is closed until further notice. Does anybody know when it will be back open or where I could get an authentic jersey aside from ordering online?

There's another team store near the home plate entrance.  I actually thought the home plate entrance store was the "main" one.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #227: March 12, 2012, 08:46:51 AM »
The CF team store looks like it's being renovated, at least it did last week.  I'll be biking over there on Wednesday so I'll let you all know if the Home Plate store is open or not.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #228: March 12, 2012, 08:52:42 AM »
Nationals Park was prominently displayed on this past week's episode of "The Firm."

Offline rbw5t

« Reply #229: March 13, 2012, 04:21:04 PM »
I was told that the tickets should be out around the ides of March (15th).

I'm a first time season ticket holder (partial plan -- Abe), and I'm wondering about the online ticket management process on MyNatsTickets.  I think I've set everything up right, but I don't see any inventory of tickets.   Do they not show up until closer to the season, or should I be worried?  Thanks!

Offline Gleason2

« Reply #230: March 13, 2012, 04:38:16 PM »
I'm a first time season ticket holder (partial plan -- Abe), and I'm wondering about the online ticket management process on MyNatsTickets.  I think I've set everything up right, but I don't see any inventory of tickets.   Do they not show up until closer to the season, or should I be worried?  Thanks!

I don't think that any ticket information will appear there until the tickets are sent out.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #231: March 13, 2012, 06:23:48 PM »
I don't think that any ticket information will appear there until the tickets are sent out.

That's what I was told yesterday.  I bought a partial plan for the first time since 2008.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #232: March 14, 2012, 08:05:34 PM »
I was told that the tickets should be out around the ides of March (15th).

I called tickets.com - they said the FO should have sent the holiday pack in Feb and is way behind :nono:

Offline Zim4Life

« Reply #233: March 26, 2012, 01:24:44 PM »
Got my tickets in the mail over the weekend.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #234: March 26, 2012, 01:39:43 PM »
Which games were you able to get seats for?

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #235: April 03, 2012, 11:05:30 PM »
Thanks for your question! There are many new improvements that are currently underway at the ballpark and we are currently looking at several different options regarding that space. Nothing I can talk about at this time, (Sorry) but hopefully I'll be able to share some new and exciting news in the next few weeks!

Has it been a few weeks yet?  Where's 320 when you need him?  What's new at the park this year?

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #236: April 03, 2012, 11:09:07 PM »
Has it been a few weeks yet?  Where's 320 when you need him?  What's new at the park this year?

The registered weren't working today.  But that was the case last year.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #237: April 06, 2012, 10:20:25 PM »
More new food options according to the 'Bog'

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/post/nats-park-new-menu-items-include-meatball-mania/2012/04/06/gIQAHIAazS_blog.html

According to a release from Levy Restaurants, which runs the Nats Park concessions, the new items will include:

* Meatball Mania, “a new spin on an old fan favorite” which will feature six meatballs on a skewer, two each of “traditional beef meatball with marinara, chicken meatball with green chile verde, and Thai pork meatball with ginger-soy barbecue.” See picture to the right. And no, “Meatball Mania” is apparently not a tribute to Jason Marquis, although that would have been fun.

* Gourmet snacks with a variety of flatbreads.

* Maryland-style lump crab pretzel.

* A variety of sliders.

* The Thai Chili burger.

* Crispy potatoes with assorted toppings.

* New Mac & Cheese dishes.

Offline Gleason2

« Reply #238: April 07, 2012, 07:16:04 AM »
All of the stadium concessions are too expensive to justify paying for.  I'll just continue to bring in my own food and wonder about the financial sense of everyone else who has to take out a 2nd mortgage to eat the stuff sold at the ballpark.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/post/nats-park-new-menu-items-include-meatball-mania/2012/04/06/gIQAHIAazS_blog.html

According to a release from Levy Restaurants, which runs the Nats Park concessions, the new items will include:

* Meatball Mania, “a new spin on an old fan favorite” which will feature six meatballs on a skewer, two each of “traditional beef meatball with marinara, chicken meatball with green chile verde, and Thai pork meatball with ginger-soy barbecue.” See picture to the right. And no, “Meatball Mania” is apparently not a tribute to Jason Marquis, although that would have been fun.

* A variety of sliders.

* The Thai Chili burger.

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #239: April 07, 2012, 07:39:21 AM »
Some of us are just needledick yuppie money bagz. ;)

Try the Hard Times Nachos and several beers.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #240: April 12, 2012, 06:22:33 PM »
I was watching the MLB Gameday app on my phone and it's pretty cool to see the MPH, placement, and pitch type in nearly real time while watching the game, the problem is that the 3G connection had a few drop outs and it killed my phone battery, sure would be nice if the team put the Gameday info on the giant screen.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #241: April 13, 2012, 02:17:16 PM »
All of the stadium concessions are too expensive to justify paying for.  I'll just continue to bring in my own food and wonder about the financial sense of everyone else who has to take out a 2nd mortgage to eat the stuff sold at the ballpark.

No kidding.  I posted this on another thread, but I noticed yesterday that there were a lot of concession price increases, anywhere from 25 cents to $1.00 per item.  A bottle of water used to be 4 bucks, now $4.50.  Draft beers now $8.25.  Small soda up a quarter to $4.75.  Same with hot dogs.  Slice of pizza up a buck to $6.   Some of those increase make it just too expensive to justify eating there...

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #242: April 13, 2012, 02:19:54 PM »
I was watching the MLB Gameday app on my phone and it's pretty cool to see the MPH, placement, and pitch type in nearly real time while watching the game, the problem is that the 3G connection had a few drop outs and it killed my phone battery, sure would be nice if the team put the Gameday info on the giant screen.
  I like the idea, but I don't think they can.  During an at-bat, they can't show anything that might distract the batter.  Plus they're not allowed to show replays of certain types of plays, including called third strikes, so that might be an issue as well if they show the pitch-tracker on the screen.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #243: April 13, 2012, 03:30:30 PM »
  I like the idea, but I don't think they can.  During an at-bat, they can't show anything that might distract the batter.  Plus they're not allowed to show replays of certain types of plays, including called third strikes, so that might be an issue as well if they show the pitch-tracker on the screen.

They update the balls and strikes in real time so I can't see why they wouldn't be allowed to show MPH and pitch type.  Pitch placement I think would not be allowed by the umps.

Offline Petwerth

« Reply #244: April 13, 2012, 04:39:52 PM »
I prefer to bring in my own food anyway (except for $1 hotdog night).

Offline NookLoganMafia

« Reply #245: April 13, 2012, 04:58:03 PM »
No kidding.  I posted this on another thread, but I noticed yesterday that there were a lot of concession price increases, anywhere from 25 cents to $1.00 per item.  A bottle of water used to be 4 bucks, now $4.50.  Draft beers now $8.25.  Small soda up a quarter to $4.75.  Same with hot dogs.  Slice of pizza up a buck to $6.   Some of those increase make it just too expensive to justify eating there...

Hard Times prices have been remarkably consistent over the years.  The crazy thing is that the chili nachos are only $1 or $2 more than you'd pay in the restaurant.  And the portion is more or less the same (ginormous).

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #246: April 14, 2012, 02:42:12 PM »
Trafficland.com - Washington is fantastic for seeing the status of traffic, in order to identify alternate routes.  You click on the directional arrows to move the screen.  Click on plus to zoom in, - to zoom out.  You can put the mouse over blue dots and see the actual camera picture for what you select.

This helps a lot if you plan to go south on I-95 into Prince William County, VA, to know where to get off, even on a Saturday.

http://www.trafficland.com/city/WAS/

Black = bumper to bumper or very slow
Red = slow
Yellow = moderate speed
Green = fast or non-rush hour speeds

It gobbles up computer resources, and can be slow, so you'll want to close the window when you're done looking at it.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #247: April 15, 2012, 04:27:22 PM »
When is the team going to put up pictures in the frames above the urinals that have been empty for the past couple years?  When the ballpark opened there were ads to be a cop in Arizona and to purchase ticket plans.  Given a choice I always picked a spot where I could look at the picture of the chick from the Nats Pack.  The next year it was noted on the message boards and blogs that the pictures had not been updated and they contained players no longer on the team so instead of updating the photos they were taken down.  So for the past couple seasons we've had brown cardboard backing to look at, which really indicates the level of thought going into the fan experience at Nats Park, if it is not revenue generating it is forgotten.  Wonder when the last time a Lerner stepped in a bathroom that was not in the owners suite.

Here is a picture from the Cards/Marlins spring training bathroom, pretty cool stuff for a urinal, all I'm asking for is a Curly W, or pictures of the players, or better yet player stats coming into the game for each team. 

(Note: one of these days I'm going to get motivated an print up my own pictures to slip into the frames, I have a feeling that team management would prefer to choose their own pictures to display.)

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #248: April 15, 2012, 08:11:09 PM »
Has anyone actually seen these items and where are the items located ?

* A variety of sliders.

* The Thai Chili burger.

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #249: April 15, 2012, 09:36:36 PM »
Has anyone actually seen these items and where are the items located ?

didn't see any of them on Saturday, got our normal steak sandwiches and flippin pizza for the kids, and a ben's half-smoke all the way for me.