Author Topic: Seeking feedback regarding decreased GDT participation and "negativity"  (Read 4736 times)

Online Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
your kidding right?

:P

I find the GDT's to be rife with bad grammar and improper spelling.  Is it any wonder proper thinking folks seek refuge elsewhere?    :shrug:

Offline Obed_Marsh

your kidding right?

:P

I also get behind of program of free beer and hugs when we are losing. ;)

Of course, I am kidding. :mg: Although I did beseech Dread Lord Cthulhu to eat St Louis immediately after Philadelphia and Cleavland.

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun
as strictly a "reader"....rarely participating....i enjoy the bickering/arguments.....the know-it-alls....the belligerent jerks....the negative nancies....the holier than thou's....attention whores....internet tough-guys.....martyrs....drama queens.....newbies.....chicken littles.....etc.....

human comedy gold.

It would be funny to see a breakdown of these various teams.  I'd call myself a know-it-all beligerent jerk attention seekign internet tough guy.  Me and Ozzie Guillen are going to take over WNFF.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!

Offline GburgNatsFan2

I don't understand why you are using the possessive form of GDT in your sentence. There is no apostrophe in the plural form, GDTs. ;)

God, I love that gif. :)

I find the GDT's to be rife with bad grammar and improper spelling.  Is it any wonder proper thinking folks seek refuge elsewhere?    :shrug:

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
I don't understand why you are using the possessive form of GDT in your sentence. There would be no apostrophe in the plural form, GDTs. ;)

(Image removed from quote.)

T's is a contraction for Threads.   

:mg:

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Uh Oh

Spelling and Grammar Nazi is not pleased :nono:

Offline GburgNatsFan2

:eyeroll: :D
T's is a contraction for Threads.   

:mg:

Offline nats2playoffs

My laptop broke after 12 years, and I still don't have a computer.  I was posting the score in GDTs, whenever there was a change, as well as other posts.  So all those posts have been missing since late July, reducing the GDT Count. 

Personal attacks on other WNFF users can cause someone to stop posting.  Some of our Mod's are Johnny Come Lately's.  Personal Attacks were not tolerated in WNFF: The Early Years.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
They still aren't, by and large.  I've made some exceptions in cases of obvious ribbing, but when users go after each other I almost always delete the posts or move the argument to uncensored.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
Some of our Mod's are Johnny Come Lately's.  Personal Attacks were not tolerated in WNFF: The Early Years.

:crackup:

Offline ZIM4MVP

It seems to me that message boards are a place where miserable people can come and be miserable with other miserable people. When the Nats sucked, there was plenty to whine and complain about. Now that the Nats have the best record in baseball, listening to people complain about them is just stupid and annoying

this.  its much easier for me to come on here and say "GD Harper freaking sucks" than it is to say "Good shot there three-four"

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
By the way - it's an off day.  What are 51 lurkers doing reading meandering posts like this?

Offline DPMOmaha

There are no off days in the post season, just days without games.

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
Maybe people needed the GDTs more when the Nats sucked. Misery loves company and all that - we needed someone to commiserate with. Someone to verify that that just happened and that team is (was) that bad and we were all very insane for being fans.

Now, speaking for myself, it's a lot more fun and I need less validation when the team is playing well.

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!
I used to do GDTs more when I was stuck at work and had to keep up with the games, if I can watch at home I usually don't post very much. That said, when i get annoyed with the panic monkeys ("Game") I just tell them to either take their meds or to send them to me so I will find them more tolerable.  :rofl:

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
This thread is too negative.

Seriuosly  ...   I enjoy it all.   It's a game and a lot of good folks get together to rant, be sunshiny, whine, etc.    We are Nats' fans number one.   

It's all good.   Thanks Chief for makin' it happen.

Online welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
Now listen to me:

Written specially for us, in truth!

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
On vaca, but I pretty much avoid GDTs. Every time I go in one I get angry, so what's the point? Not sure what else to add...

I might hop in one tomorrow for kicks.

Offline The Chief

On vaca, but I pretty much avoid GDTs. Every time I go in one I get angry,

Why?

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Why?

The endless barrage of profane insults, nonstop doomsday prophesies and in-your-face negativism isn't exactly chicken soup for the soul?

:shrug:

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
I refuse to believe anyone gets upset because of the same two or three donks making the same comments they've made for over five years here. Talk about not knowing your audience.

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
I refuse to believe anyone gets upset because of the same two or three donks making the same comments they've made for over five years here. Talk about not knowing your audience.

Believe it
It wears on you
You get tired of trying to make a coherent comment before 20 more comments have been posted and just give up.

Offline The Chief

Believe it
It wears on you
You get tired of trying to make a coherent comment before 20 more comments have been posted and just give up.

That seems like a separate issue from what most seem to be talking about.  Even a 100% positive game thread would likely move along at a very brisk pace.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.

You left the entire board because of the negativity. :lmao: