Author Topic: 2012/13 Offseason Discussion Thread  (Read 171743 times)

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
Re: 2012/13 Offseason Discussion Thread
« Reply #1675: November 13, 2012, 06:57:52 PM »
I didn't feel like making a new thread for this, so I decided to post it here, was wondering if anyone here could help. If this should be moved elsewhere, let me know and I can delete this and post elsewhere.

I'm doing a project for one of my classes to visualize some data on a topic and decided to do it on some very basic stats from Nationals batters this season. One of the stats I'm trying to gather is how much money all the players to have made a PA during the 2012 season made for that season. I've got a lot of the numbers from http://www.baseball-reference.com, but I'm missing the number for a couple players. I also checked Yahoo! and ESPN but had similar difficulty finding it.

Does anyone know of any sources I might not have looked at that might have more complete salary info? The specific players I still need are Tyler Moore, Jhonatan Solano, Sandy Leon, Corey Brown, Carlos Maldonado, Eury Perez, and Zach Duke. I looked on the Nationals site and their minor affiliates and unless I glanced over it, it wasn't there either.

Obviously they're not making Ryan Zimmerman money, and if I can't get it I can just make an estimate, but I'd like the actual numbers if at all possible. Thanks in advance for anyone who might have some tips.

Back on topic, I thought Burnett was great last season and want him back, but that price tag is probably too much. Would like to see Duke in the BP next season too.

Short Answer: http://www.baseballprospectus.com/compensation/cots/?page_id=150

Has all of the salary information and guys you mentioned. With the exception of Duke, those guys get paid the MLB minimum, which I think was $500K in 2012. However, they are on a "Split contract" and get paid one amount in the minors and a prorated portion of the MLB minimum when they are in the Majors. Determining their service time and how much they earned would be a little tricky.