Author Topic: RIP Dick Clark  (Read 335 times)

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
RIP Dick Clark
« Topic Start: April 18, 2012, 03:58:33 PM »
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/dick-clark-entertainment-icon-nicknamed-americas-oldest-teenager/story?id=16076252
Dick Clark, the music industry maverick, longtime TV host and powerhouse producer who changed the way we listened to pop music with "American Bandstand," and whose trademark "Rockin' Eve" became a fixture of New Year's celebrations, died today at the age of 82.

Clark's agent Paul Shefrin said in statement that the veteran host died this morning following a "massive heart attack."

An American icon.  We let our kids stay up on New Year's even this past year for the first time, and of course we watched Dick Clark.  We had to explain to them that there really weren't any other acceptable options, even though Clark was struggling to speak as a result of his stroke.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Re: RIP Dick Clark
« Reply #1: April 18, 2012, 04:03:38 PM »
Sad day.

Wish my lasting memory of him wasn't as a person devastated by a stroke... but sadly, that's what I'll remember most.

RIP.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #2: April 18, 2012, 04:05:17 PM »
Clark was the fellow who everyone used to say looked like he never aged.  sad to hear this, but given his health in recent years, this isn't shocking.  He'll be missed, but they'll never stop rockin on bandstand.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #3: April 19, 2012, 09:49:00 AM »
Great memories of watching AB as a kid in the '70s. It was considered uncool by then but I didn't care.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #4: April 19, 2012, 12:49:07 PM »
Didn't we also lose Don Cornelius in the past year? Soul Train and American Bandstand.