Author Topic: Magic Number: Angelos can suck it and like it  (Read 27669 times)

Offline sportsfan882

Re: 2012 Playoff Invoices - Magic Number: 58
« Reply #100: July 31, 2012, 09:22:13 AM »
Congrats!

Damn shame you're going to miss the playoffs for your honeymoon, though.  Ought to put you squarely in the "save Strasburg for next season" camp.

honeymoon is actually not immediately after the wedding, we aren't heading out till the end of October.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #101: July 31, 2012, 09:36:23 AM »
Poor Lady ...

I get married on Oct 6 :whip:

Offline wj73

« Reply #102: July 31, 2012, 09:38:27 AM »
From the other end of the marriage spectrum - we celebrate our 30th anniversary on 9/25.  For years, we've been planning a dream trip to London the first week in October to celebrate.  Early this season, it began to dawn on us what a good team we had this year.  I looked at my husband and said, "We can't go to London for our anniversary - that'll be during the playoffs!"  So we cancelled.  I mean, really - did we even have a choice in the matter???

Online Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
« Reply #103: July 31, 2012, 09:43:36 AM »
From the other end of the marriage spectrum - we celebrate our 30th anniversary on 9/25.  For years, we've been planning a dream trip to London the first week in October to celebrate.  Early this season, it began to dawn on us what a good team we had this year.  I looked at my husband and said, "We can't go to London for our anniversary - that'll be during the playoffs!"  So we cancelled.  I mean, really - did we even have a choice in the matter???
That's NATITUDE!

:gunz:

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #104: July 31, 2012, 10:12:14 AM »

As a 24-time London tourist it's well-nigh impossible to tear me away from a booked trip to my favourite city...however, the chance to see, in person, a local baseball event - a potential championship event - that has not happened in 79 years and may quite possibly not happen again for some time will do it.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #105: July 31, 2012, 10:44:18 AM »

My 25th is Oct 3.     :nervous:

Actually, this may work out, upon further review:

2012 NL Divisional Series Schedule
 Game 1 – October 6th, 2012
 Game 2 – October 7th, 2012
 Game 3 – October 8th, 2012
 Game 4 – October 9th, 2012
 Game 5 – October 11th, 2012

2012 NL Championship Series Schedule
 Game 1 – October 13th, 2012
 Game 2 – October 14th, 2012
 Game 3 – October 16th, 2012
 Game 4 – October 17th, 2012
 Game 5 – October 18th, 2012
 Game 6 – October 20th, 2012
 Game 7 – October 21st, 2012

2012 World Series Schedule

**Home field advantage is awarded to the team from the league who wins the 2012 MLB All Star Game that is scheduled to take place on  July 10th, 2012 at Kauffman Stadium in Kansas City, Missouri. The World Series is a best 4 of 7 contest with Games 5, 6, and 7 being played as required. The specific times, TV networks, and dates will be updated when available.
 Game 1 – October 24th, 2012
 Game 2 – October 25th, 2012
 Game 3 – October 27th, 2012
 Game 4 – October 28th, 2012
 Game 5 – October 29th, 2012
 Game 6 – October 30th, 2012
 Game 7 – October 31st, 2012

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #106: July 31, 2012, 10:57:01 AM »
So is there really any chance for one of us muggles (non-season ticket holders) to get ANY seat in the playoffs? If we do go it would be a fantastic experience to just go to one game in the cheapest seat I could find but I am doubting I could get a ticket.

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #107: July 31, 2012, 11:05:24 AM »
So is there really any chance for one of us muggles (non-season ticket holders) to get ANY seat in the playoffs? If we do go it would be a fantastic experience to just go to one game in the cheapest seat I could find but I am doubting I could get a ticket.

Yes, stub hub will be full of seats, and depending on how they treat partial holders, you may even have a shot at buying them direct

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #108: July 31, 2012, 11:07:33 AM »
My 25th is Oct 3.     :nervous:

Mines the 3rd as well, lucky for me it's a day game.

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #109: July 31, 2012, 11:08:50 AM »
Yes, stub hub will be full of seats, and depending on how they treat partial holders, you may even have a shot at buying them direct

Yeah, just hope they are somewhat affordable :lol: but thanks, got some hope now. I know I cannot afford WS tix if we get that far but going to the early playoffs might be within my budget :)

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #110: July 31, 2012, 11:23:40 AM »
As expected, buying tickets for 2013 is one way to get priority for playoff tickets for this year. I'd still recommend looking into the remaining portion of a 21 game plan for this year.

Hope you’ve been doing well, and have had a chance to make it out to Nats Park this season! I wanted to give you a heads up as a former Season Ticket holder because later this week the Nationals will begin offering fans the chance to sign up early for 2013 season tickets, with access included for 2013 season-ticket holders to purchase 2012 playoff tickets as well.
Partial Season (21-game), Half Season (41-game) and Full Season (81-game) plans for 2013 would all qualify for 2012 playoff rights.

Since this will be one of the only ways for those who aren’t currently season-ticket holders to purchase playoff tickets, this promotion is sure to be quite popular and probably short-lived. Since you’re a former season ticket holder with the team, I wanted to check in and see if you’d like me to add you to my personal waiting list to reach out to as soon as this opportunity becomes available.

www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/post/nats-will-offer-2012-playoff-ticket-option-to-2013-season-ticket-holders/2012/07/31/gJQAbdgpMX_blog.html

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #111: July 31, 2012, 08:29:20 PM »
The text below is now posted on the My Nationals Tickets site.  It would appear that the Nats are planning on starting the 2013 renewal process in the near future with the first payment due by September 1st.  Two date errors in the text make it clear that it has not been through much of an editing process at this point, first there is the reference to paying off the balance on 2012 plans, then there is the reference to the 2011 tickets.  But this is certainly relevant to the 2013 season as indicated by the payment plan.  Anyone else thinking that Fluffer is going to start the renewal process prior to selling playoff tickets so that plan holders lock themselves in for next year before the sticker shock hits with the playoff invoice?  (Note that StubHub sales are applied to 2013 renewals but not toward 2012 playoff tickets, in any case I'm just wondering who is dumb enough to allow the Nats to hold on to their cash from ticket sales.)

Bend me over Mr. Lerner, you deserve it after all the payroll you added before the trading deadline, you cheap bastard.

There are no refunds or cancellations on any 2012 post season or 2013 season ticket purchases. If you have a credit on your season ticket account from selling your 2012 season tickets on StubHub, that credit was automatically applied towards your 2013 season tickets and parking prior to October 31, 2012 (if applicable).

When renewing your season tickets you may select one of the following options:
Payment In Full: Make a single payment to pay for the total balance due on your 2012 season tickets and parking (if applicable).
Grand Slam EZ Payment Plan: The first payment of 12.5% of the total cost of your season tickets and parking (if applicable) plus a one-time $20 convenience fee is due by September 1, 2012. The subsequent payment of 12.5% will be automatically charged to the card you provide on: September 3, October 1, November 1, December 3, January 2, 2013, February 1, 2013, March 1, 2013
By enrolling in the Grand Slam EZ Payment Plan, on the following page and providing your credit card information, you authorize Washington Nationals Baseball Club, LLC ("WNBC") to charge your credit card on the dates listed above for all fees and amounts owed for your 2011 Nationals season tickets and parking (if applicable), subject to the terms and conditions set forth below and on the following page.

Note: Parking includes applicable District of Columbia supplemental tax effective October 1, 2011

To view the complete Season Ticket Holder Agreement Terms and Conditions for all 2013 Renewals, click http://washington.nationals.mlb.com/was/ticketing/season2013_rules.jsp.

Pending Renewal

Note that the link currently does not work.

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #112: July 31, 2012, 09:50:00 PM »
Anyone else thinking that maybe it was a jinx to put up the magic number?  Guess I'll be paying particular attention to the refund policy when the invoices are sent out.

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
« Reply #113: July 31, 2012, 09:53:23 PM »
How much money ya got? There's always tickets available, for a price.

Oh, did you mean, $20? Move it along...

Offline OldChelsea

« Reply #114: August 01, 2012, 08:12:26 AM »
The text below is now posted on the My Nationals Tickets site.  It would appear that the Nats are planning on starting the 2013 renewal process in the near future with the first payment due by September 1st.  Two date errors in the text make it clear that it has not been through much of an editing process at this point, first there is the reference to paying off the balance on 2012 plans, then there is the reference to the 2011 tickets.  But this is certainly relevant to the 2013 season as indicated by the payment plan.  Anyone else thinking that Fluffer is going to start the renewal process prior to selling playoff tickets so that plan holders lock themselves in for next year before the sticker shock hits with the playoff invoice?  (Note that StubHub sales are applied to 2013 renewals but not toward 2012 playoff tickets, in any case I'm just wondering who is dumb enough to allow the Nats to hold on to their cash from ticket sales.)

Bend me over Mr. Lerner, you deserve it after all the payroll you added before the trading deadline, you cheap bastard.

Note that the link currently does not work.

I tried accessing it directly (from 'To view the complete Season Ticket Holder Agreement Terms and Conditions for all 2013 Renewals Click Here') from MyNationalsTickets and it's not there either.

They had better not be demanding renewals to be in by 1st September - I need to see those 2013 prices first because we of Uncle Sam's paper-pushing brigade are under a pay freeze for a third year (and quite possibly beyond), and also in September I'll know how much the rent for my flat will be (now that the Columbia Pike streetcar has been approved, rents are going to start heading into the stratosphere and condominium conversions will return) - if the Lerners decide to go Ted Leonsis on us and sharply hike prices (Capitals ticket prices, at least in the centre mezzanine 400's where I used to sit, have doubled since the 04-05 lock-out) well something's going to have to give.

If the front office really does shove a gun in the back of my head and demands that I re-up by 1st September, it's over...I'm not signing an irrevocable election for a pig-in-a-poke...TBSITH may well have a new ticketholder-of-record next season.

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #115: August 01, 2012, 09:03:07 AM »
I tried accessing it directly (from 'To view the complete Season Ticket Holder Agreement Terms and Conditions for all 2013 Renewals Click Here') from MyNationalsTickets and it's not there either.

They had better not be demanding renewals to be in by 1st September - I need to see those 2013 prices first because we of Uncle Sam's paper-pushing brigade are under a pay freeze for a third year (and quite possibly beyond), and also in September I'll know how much the rent for my flat will be (now that the Columbia Pike streetcar has been approved, rents are going to start heading into the stratosphere and condominium conversions will return) - if the Lerners decide to go Ted Leonsis on us and sharply hike prices (Capitals ticket prices, at least in the centre mezzanine 400's where I used to sit, have doubled since the 04-05 lock-out) well something's going to have to give.

If the front office really does shove a gun in the back of my head and demands that I re-up by 1st September, it's over...I'm not signing an irrevocable election for a pig-in-a-poke...TBSITH may well have a new ticketholder-of-record next season.

How do the Caps handle the balance of playoff ticket and renewals going out at about the same time?

As far as the 9/1 date for renewals, I'm certain that the team is going to offer incentives to get people to commit at that point, but as in the past they'll give you up to right before the season starts before making your seats available for other buyers.

It will be interesting to see if they raise prices or reduce the perks. With attendance jumping up it wouldn't surprise me, but with ten thousand empty seats per game on average they still have a ways to go to increase the STH base. I suspect that they will hold the line on STH prices while jacking up single game prices in order to get the game by game people to buy plans.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #116: August 01, 2012, 09:03:12 AM »
Trollers gonna troll.

Offline OldChelsea

« Reply #117: August 01, 2012, 09:13:39 AM »
How do the Caps handle the balance of playoff ticket and renewals going out at about the same time?

As far as the 9/1 date for renewals, I'm certain that the team is going to offer incentives to get people to commit at that point, but as in the past they'll give you up to right before the season starts before making your seats available for other buyers.

It will be interesting to see if they raise prices or reduce the perks. With attendance jumping up it wouldn't surprise me, but with ten thousand empty seats per game on average they still have a ways to go to increase the STH base. I suspect that they will hold the line on STH prices while jacking up single game prices in order to get the game by game people to buy plans.

I dropped my Caps season ticket after the 2010-11 season, but I think the renewal deadline is still 15th March - thing is though they do give the new season prices beforehand.

Your last point is well made - no MLB ground, not even Fenway or Wrigley or Yankee Stadium, sells out on season tickets like NFL and many NHL arenas do, so there would be less of a chance of a preemptive price increase in regular-season tickets like the Caps have been doing. Still, I wouldn't put it past them. (It'd be sad if the Nats did end up like the Caps - an increasing number of seats have fallen into the hands of brokers, and legitimate STH are forced to sell some of their tickets to cover the cost, and the matchnight atmosphere, judging from two singles I bought last season and from listening on the radio, has declined as a result, not the least of which is from increased opposition turnouts. That's how Caps tickets are but shouldn't be - it isn't just being able to go to matches, it's an investment.)

I'll just have to wait and see - I know the marvellous $20/fixture STH price for TBSITH isn't going to last forever and increases are inevitable; if they're reasonable I'll probably renew.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #118: August 01, 2012, 05:08:01 PM »
Full strip for all playoff games for two tickets in 320: $1000.  Wow.

Offline santanaf

Offline santanaf

« Reply #120: August 01, 2012, 05:12:04 PM »
$1100 for my seats in 135 and deferred World Series payment. Here's my money Mr. Lerner, I hope you get to keep it!

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #121: August 01, 2012, 05:13:26 PM »
$1100 for my seats in 135 and deferred World Series payment. Here's my money Mr. Lerner, I hope you get to keep it!

They're keeping it either way, hence why they want you to renew - they get the money either way.

Offline santanaf

« Reply #122: August 01, 2012, 05:17:10 PM »
They're keeping it either way, hence why they want you to renew - they get the money either way.

No, I mean, I hope they keep the money for the postseason *AND* get all of my money for next season. I don't want to stinking credits, I want to see the team in the WS!!!

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #123: August 01, 2012, 05:25:34 PM »

yep, but they get to ask for more if the team gets there

Offline santanaf

« Reply #124: August 01, 2012, 05:25:48 PM »
I'm not really clear on what this mean:

All season ticket accounts that renew and place at least a 12.5% deposit or pay in full before August 31 will be eligible to purchase up to two (2) additional postseason strips for the 2012 Washington Nationals postseason (seating locations subject to availability). After August 31, we will assume you do not wish to purchase tickets and your seats will be sold. See 2012 POSTSEASON TICKET PRIORITY for details on 2012 postseason tickets.

So, if I have 2 seats, does this mean I can buy my 2 seats for the postseason, and if I renew by August 31 for 2013, I can also buy 2 additional postseason?