Author Topic: September Call-ups?  (Read 3982 times)

Offline monkeyhit

September Call-ups?
« Topic Start: August 17, 2014, 12:35:34 PM »
This is just my list. Feel free to adjust, Mr. Rizzo.  :D

40-man roster guys: Taylor, Souza, Leon, Solano, Moore, Kobernus, Perez and pitchers Barrett, Cedeno, Hill, Treinen.  (Wish we had one more left-handed bat in the bunch.)

Non-40 possibles:  Burriss (ss), Baird (3b) and Raphael Martin (0.0 ERA in 26 innings at AAA).
To do this, they'd have to drop guys from the 40 and they would be Ryan Mattheus, Felipe Rivero and Sammy Solis. Don't think they'll give up on Solis and they may give Mattheus another chance - mistake - but one or two of those three might make it to DC.

Syracuse has a good chance for post-season play, however, so Rizzo may take pity on them until/if they are eliminated and leave them with half these guys.

Offline blue911

Re: September Call-ups?
« Reply #1: August 17, 2014, 12:46:39 PM »
Felipe Rivero isn't getting dropped.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #2: August 17, 2014, 01:08:01 PM »
EVERYONE

Offline redskinsJB321

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
« Reply #4: August 17, 2014, 06:53:26 PM »
I think Cole gets a bump before Sept. for eligibility. If not, wouldn't mind him getting some bullpen time in September

Offline heeman82

« Reply #5: August 17, 2014, 09:14:57 PM »
Don't need em.

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #6: August 17, 2014, 09:51:57 PM »
Don't need em.

Someone needs to replace Giogenesis...the freakin' head case is the weakest link on this team...

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
« Reply #7: August 17, 2014, 11:38:28 PM »
Keep hoping Eury Perez breaks through but with Span solidifying center field and Michael Taylor having made the jump it looks like he will be permanently blocked. I hope he comes up and gets a few ABs. Even with my bias for him, I have to admit it would require massive production from him and either Taylor/Span struggling for him to get back in the picture.

Offline Slateman

« Reply #8: August 18, 2014, 11:08:00 AM »
Keep hoping Eury Perez breaks through but with Span solidifying center field and Michael Taylor having made the jump it looks like he will be permanently blocked. I hope he comes up and gets a few ABs. Even with my bias for him, I have to admit it would require massive production from him and either Taylor/Span struggling for him to get back in the picture.

I don't know what more Perez has to prove in Triple A. He's hit well there the past three seasons, but never gets any playing time at the big league level.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #9: August 27, 2014, 07:42:30 PM »
Matt talked this morning in general terms, saying they would look to add speed for baserunning, and "power" for the lineup.

I would presume another bullpen arm as well.  Guesses on who lucky few will be?

Offline Slateman

« Reply #10: August 27, 2014, 08:21:42 PM »
Barrett and Cedeno for sure. Probably Treinen. Could see Cole getting a call up to get a spot start.

Another catcher maybe? Souza and Taylor probably. Moore. Perez.

Offline Slateman

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #12: August 27, 2014, 09:07:33 PM »
Uh oh :nono:

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #13: September 01, 2014, 09:22:17 AM »
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/nationals-journal/wp/2014/08/31/class-aaa-syracuse-wins-international-league-north-division/

With a 6-2 victory last night over Pawtucket, Class AAA Syracuse claimed the International League’s North Division title, the latest honor in a strong season for the Nationals‘ farm system. With a lineup stocked with players capable of holding major league roster spots, the Chiefs clinched with a record of 80-61 with two games remaining in the regular season.

Several of the players who lifted Syracuse to the title will join the Nationals as September call-ups. General Manager Mike Rizzo said the Class AAA playoffs would not take precedence over helping the Nationals’ roster in a playoff race.
Rizzo spoke with assistant general managers Doug Harris and Bob Boone and determined the Nationals would be better served sacrificing their best chance in the International League postseason.

“We’ve discussed a strategy,” Rizzo said. “They agree that the most important thing is for us to win here. We develop in the minor league side. Part of the development is to win championships. But our balance, as far as call-ups goes, is to bring up guys that will help us win games in the big leagues. If one of these call-ups can steal us a big base or pitch us a big inning or match up left-on-left, we know that’s to our advantage.”

Rizzo said he knows which players will be summoned, but declined to name them. Players who could be called up include Tyler Moore, Steve Souza, Aaron Barrett, Blake Treinen, Sandy Leon, Xavier Cedeno, Michael A. Taylor, Jeff Kobernus and a few others.

Offline Slateman

« Reply #14: September 01, 2014, 09:30:18 AM »
Scumbag MLB team.

Triple A makes the playoffs, MLB team calls up all the good players

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #15: September 01, 2014, 03:36:13 PM »
Official:

Washington Nationals ‏@Nationals  9s
#Nats recall RHP A. Barrett, LHP X. Cedeno, C S. Leon, 1B/OF T. Moore & RHP B. Treinen & reinstate OF S. Souza Jr.:

No surprises.

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #16: September 01, 2014, 03:49:34 PM »

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #17: September 01, 2014, 03:50:44 PM »
Gotta have someone to play for the Chiefs in the playoffs.  He wouldn't see many ABs anyways with Schierholtz, Hairston, Souza, Moore, etc all ahead of him on the pecking order.

Offline Slateman

« Reply #18: September 01, 2014, 03:55:21 PM »
I guess Cole and Taylor will be follow on after the playoffs.

Offline whytev

« Reply #19: September 01, 2014, 03:55:36 PM »
Gotta have someone to play for the Chiefs in the playoffs.  He wouldn't see many ABs anyways with Schierholtz, Hairston, Souza, Moore, etc all ahead of him on the pecking order.

Agree. He's the star down there now. We'll probably see him when the playoffs are over.

Offline monkeyhit

« Reply #20: September 01, 2014, 03:56:15 PM »
so who is the designated pinch runner? thought they'd use Taylor or Perez for that.

Offline whytev

« Reply #21: September 01, 2014, 03:56:38 PM »
so who is the designated pinch runner? thought they'd use Taylor or Perez for that.

Espinosa.

Offline whytev

« Reply #22: September 01, 2014, 03:57:34 PM »

Offline Bloo

« Reply #23: September 01, 2014, 04:08:13 PM »
I can see why they brought up Tyler Moore and Aaron Barrett but I'd rather have the rest of the guys stay behind and help Syracuse win the Championship.

Offline whytev

« Reply #24: September 01, 2014, 04:09:10 PM »
I can see why they brought up Tyler Moore and Aaron Barrett but I'd rather have the rest of the guys stay behind and help Syracuse win the Championship.

Leon is crucial as well.