Author Topic: Patriotic Indians Cap  (Read 1941 times)

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Patriotic Indians Cap
« Topic Start: June 02, 2013, 10:43:06 AM »

A blueskin Indian with stars all over his face to celebrate the independence of a country that pushed them off of their land.  I like the concept, anti-political correctness, but that is one ugly hat.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Re: Patriotic Indians Cap
« Reply #1: June 02, 2013, 10:48:20 AM »
It looks more like a star spangled blue penis and scrotum than it does like a Indian cartoon.

Oh my, I didn't notice that and I'm not really feeling the urge to stare at the hat until that image comes to me.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #2: June 02, 2013, 11:02:42 AM »
Where is tribe time?

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #3: June 02, 2013, 04:50:58 PM »
What's ours look like?

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
« Reply #4: June 02, 2013, 04:57:10 PM »
It seems like the MLB does this every year. They use Chief Wahoo on a patriotic hat instead of the block C and people get pissed.

Offline GNatsNoMore

« Reply #5: June 12, 2013, 03:23:35 PM »
It seems like the MLB does this every year. They use Chief Wahoo on a patriotic hat instead of the block C and people get pissed.

Maybe Dan Snyder paid them to do it.

Offline Tribe Time

• Long Live LYNYRD SKYNYRD!!!
« Reply #6: July 06, 2013, 07:21:26 PM »
It looks more like a star spangled blue penis and scrotum than it does like a Indian cartoon.

Not sure if your eye sight is that bad at that age, but it looks nothing like that at all.  Cleveland has been moving away from Chief Wahoo (agree or not) but their moving to the block C permanently.   The Redskins logo is fine but name is extremely offensive.  If the Tribe are changing their logo to be appreciative to people's feelings, why does Snyder and other lunatics fight the name "Redskins"?

The Indians have been around since 1901 (and called as such since 1916).  The Redskins were formed in Boston in 1932 - 16 years later.  How do the Skins use "tradition" to defend that name?  The Indians have had their logo since the 30's (it's gone over a few modifications since), but they're willing to change it...  Skins reasoning?

Offline mimontero88

• The GOAT
« Reply #7: July 06, 2013, 08:06:26 PM »
Not sure if your eye sight is that bad at that age, but it looks nothing like that at all.  Cleveland has been moving away from Chief Wahoo (agree or not) but their moving to the block C permanently.   The Redskins logo is fine but name is extremely offensive.  If the Tribe are changing their logo to be appreciative to people's feelings, why does Snyder and other lunatics fight the name "Redskins"?

The Indians have been around since 1901 (and called as such since 1916).  The Redskins were formed in Boston in 1932 - 16 years later.  How do the Skins use "tradition" to defend that name?  The Indians have had their logo since the 30's (it's gone over a few modifications since), but they're willing to change it...  Skins reasoning?
Why are you bringing up Dan Snyder being an jerk as if it's relevant to whether your Patriotic Cap is racist or not?

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #8: July 06, 2013, 09:15:20 PM »
The stars on the image completely obscure the cartoonish face of Chief Wahoo.

I have nothing positive at all to say about using the name or the images of a people as sport team mascots. Im a fan of Washington D.C. football. Enough said about that.  I wasn't picking on Cleveland, just on that ridiculous starred version of Chief Wahoo. I applaud Cleveland's move away from it. Use the block C, MLB.

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #9: July 06, 2013, 09:17:21 PM »
Why are you bringing up Dan Snyder being an jerk as if it's relevant to whether your Patriotic Cap is racist or not?

Because he is one? :)

Offline Tribe Time

• Long Live LYNYRD SKYNYRD!!!
« Reply #10: July 06, 2013, 09:22:51 PM »

Scroll up.  I did not reference Snyder first.  Might want to read the thread before you make a statement...

Offline mimontero88

• The GOAT
« Reply #11: July 07, 2013, 05:44:39 PM »
Scroll up.  I did not reference Snyder first.  Might want to read the thread before you make a statement...
Maybe Dan Snyder paid them to do it.
Are you referring to this clearly sarcastic post that is clearly anti-Snyder?  If so, I'm not amused...  You defended your team's racism by pointing out that another team is racist.  That's like defending an anti-black group because they don't lynch people like the KKK does.

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #12: July 07, 2013, 06:19:12 PM »
Are you referring to this clearly sarcastic post that is clearly anti-Snyder?  If so, I'm not amused...  You defended your team's racism by pointing out that another team is racist.  That's like defending an anti-black group because they don't lynch people like the KKK does.

Mmm... for maybe the only time in the history of Tribe Time, I find myself siding with him. The Redskins are still the Redskins because Snyder wants them to be. That cap.... that's MLB's doing.  Cleveland doesn't trot out Chief Wahoo much anymore.

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #13: July 08, 2013, 09:11:27 AM »
That's racist

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
« Reply #14: July 08, 2013, 03:38:50 PM »
Cleveland doesn't trot out Chief Wahoo much anymore.
If they are working to phase him out, why not just change the name to Spiders and avoid the whole issue?

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #15: July 08, 2013, 03:47:21 PM »
Not everyone thinks "Indians" is slur. To me, it's on the borderline. I mean, Orangemen refers to an ethnic group, so does Fightin' Irish, Trojans, Quakers (sort of), Texans, etc.

Avoiding the cartoonish images is a good step.

If they are working to phase him out, why not just change the name to Spiders and avoid the whole issue?

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #16: July 08, 2013, 03:51:33 PM »
Not everyone thinks "Indians" is slur. To me, it's on the borderline. I mean, Orangemen refers to an ethnic group, so does Fightin' Irish, Trojans, Quakers (sort of), Texans, etc.

I still think Syracuse/Notre Dame should be the greatest rivalry in college sports

Offline madj55

« Reply #17: July 08, 2013, 04:01:58 PM »

Avoiding the cartoonish images is a good step.

Most Native Americans do, which is the whole reason they'd phase it out. What I find interesting is that Indian was a term coined by the Europeans who came over here while the Native Americans themselves created the term "redskin".

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #18: July 08, 2013, 04:04:27 PM »
Do I need to move this to uncensored?

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #19: July 08, 2013, 04:25:04 PM »
I still think Syracuse/Notre Dame should be the greatest rivalry in college sports

:thumbs:

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #20: July 08, 2013, 04:26:36 PM »
Copec - :nono:

Online Copecwby20

« Reply #21: July 08, 2013, 04:29:30 PM »
I'm getting my hand slapped left and right today....

Offline TigerFan

• A split allegiance is still an allegiance
« Reply #22: July 08, 2013, 05:13:20 PM »
To me, it should come down to the 'offended party'.  I'm an alumnus of Central Michigan University.  I am a very proud Chippewa.  The school asked some of the local tribes (though some were Ojibwe) about the use of their namesake.  The native Americans were proud that CMU used the name Chippewa and had no problem with it being used.  Of course we don't use a dancing Indian to plant a spear at the 50, do the tomahawk chop, or use insensitive logos/icons. 

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #23: July 08, 2013, 05:24:53 PM »
Copec - then be careful what you touch with that hand :lmao:

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #24: July 08, 2013, 07:04:04 PM »
Using the name of a tribe could be looked at as recognizing a particular nation rather than lumping all of "them" together. You gotta be careful, though, because sensibilities can change.

To me, it should come down to the 'offended party'.  I'm an alumnus of Central Michigan University.  I am a very proud Chippewa.  The school asked some of the local tribes (though some were Ojibwe) about the use of their namesake.  The native Americans were proud that CMU used the name Chippewa and had no problem with it being used.  Of course we don't use a dancing Indian to plant a spear at the 50, do the tomahawk chop, or use insensitive logos/icons.