Author Topic: Padres' Shawn Hill experiment over?  (Read 567 times)

Offline natsfan4evr

Padres' Shawn Hill experiment over?
« Topic Start: April 26, 2009, 08:16:22 PM »
What a shock! Shawn Hill has been placed on the 15 day DL with an inflamed elbow

SAN DIEGO -- The San Diego Padres have placed right-handed pitcher Shawn Hill on the 15-day disabled list with an inflamed right elbow.

Hill started Saturday night in Pittsburgh's 10-1 win but left after two innings, allowing three runs and five hits. Hill is 1-1 with a 5.25 ERA in three starts.

Rookie infielder Drew Macias was recalled from Triple-A Portland on Sunday to replace Hill on the roster.

San Diego shortstop Luis Rodriguez was released from the hospital Sunday after he had an allergic reaction to something he ate before Saturday's game against the Pirates. Rodriguez was at Petco Park on Sunday but was not expected to suit up.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4102705

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Re: Padres' Shawn Hill experiment over?
« Reply #1: April 26, 2009, 08:46:13 PM »
I seriously think we may have made a mistake in cutting Shawn Hill.  He'd have to be better than at least one of our starters, even with half an arm.
very true. it was a big mistake. sure you can't fault them for releasing him but the timing of the whole thing stunk. it's not like he just had another break-down or something. He pitched an inning in a game and then BAM, they cut him. now he's starting for the Padres and pitching shutouts.
Oh, I agree; I can just see him pitching a no hitter against us the way our luck goes.
No Actavation, I was kinda being serious, Hill isn't that bad of an option.
We did make a huge blunder cutting Hill when we did whether people on here will admit it or not. pure cheapness on the Lerner's part.
yeah i wish we had hill as well.
probably but what if this is the year he finally stays healthy and wins 15 games?

it's not like we were paying him a ton or relying on him to be our ace. releasing him was a head-scratcher.
to say we couldn't use him is foolish
we could use him right now and there is no question about that.
shawn hill is gonna have 2 wins before one of our starters gets a win.

Shawn Hill is going to do jack crap because he is hardly ever going to make it to the mound. Stop fooling yourselves.
Oh please. Stop the pointless Shawn Hill worship. He had one fluke good year and he wouldn't even be out on the mound anyways. We aren't missing anything.
*SIGH* Why you keep trying to fool yourselves, I will never understand. Every single one of us know how the story is going to end for him.

oh and by the way, Shawn Hill > NOTLD

Actually, I am much more of a man than Shawn Hill will ever be so I don't really get angry when you say that.

:worship:   :clap:   :lol:

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #2: April 26, 2009, 09:22:05 PM »
i stand by my statement and also said i thought hill should've moved to the pen. 

lerners are still cheap though 8)

« Reply #3: April 28, 2009, 02:03:45 PM »
Spider pretty much summed it up in the most brilliant way possible.

i stand by my statement and also said i thought hill should've moved to the pen. 

lerners are still cheap though 8)

Ahem....

NOTLD Shawn Hill