Author Topic: Nationals vs Marlins, Game 2  (Read 14985 times)

Offline sportsfan882

Re: Nationals vs Marlins, Game 2
« Reply #201: April 09, 2008, 09:58:38 PM »
I'd rather not do anything like the Wiz board, either, unless you want us to hover around .500
Hell of a lot better than the type of season we are looking at.  4 games over .500 considering all the games missed by Gil and Caron is a nice accomplishment. 

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #202: April 09, 2008, 10:02:27 PM »
^ I knew it! :lol:

I don't know...it's how I broke into moderating.  Here's my soap opera of a tale:

8/21/06 - I started my first Gameday Thread ever, in the rare absence of a moderator.

9/--/06 - I do more and more of the threads, and no one seems to object.

3/02/07 - The forum is upgraded to SMF, and I am named "Gameday Moderator", responsible for starting and moderating Gameday Threads.

10/1/07 - I am promoted to a Global Moderator, and officially joining the unofficial club of moderators.

Please don't take the Gameday Threads away from me!  Please!   :D

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #203: April 09, 2008, 10:06:00 PM »
I don't know...it's how I broke into moderating.  Here's my soap opera of a tale:

8/21/06 - I started my first Gameday Thread ever, in the rare absence of a moderator.

9/--/06 - I do more and more of the threads, and no one seems to object.

3/02/07 - The forum is upgraded to SMF, and I am named "Gameday Moderator", responsible for starting and moderating Gameday Threads.

10/1/07 - I am promoted to a Global Moderator, and officially joining the unofficial club of moderators.

Please don't take the Gameday Threads away from me!  Please!   :D

I like the honesty. :D

How about, if we get to a 10-game losing streak, you take a day off? I couldn't care less, really, (I mean, you only see the first page for about 5 minutes anyways), but then at least we couldn't blame you at all. :lol:

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #204: April 09, 2008, 10:08:17 PM »
I like the honesty. :D

How about, if we get to a 10-game losing streak, you take a day off? I couldn't care less, really, (I mean, you only see the first page for about 5 minutes anyways), but then at least we couldn't blame you at all. :lol:

It's okay.  I've taken major superstitious heat before.  Look at last year's 1-8 start in the archives, and look what game out of those 9 games I didn't start the thread for  >:(

Offline Jayman77

« Reply #205: April 09, 2008, 11:09:08 PM »
Ok, I admit it.  The usual venting here is pretty justified, I think.  This is pretty frustrating to watch.  I turned the game off when it was 7-1, and that was after coming back to the game during a commercial break while my wife was watching Criminal Minds!

Maybe I need to post pictures of my twins again to get the Nats going :D

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #206: April 09, 2008, 11:14:07 PM »
Just dropped in to complement the Nats on creating a lovely pile of turds this evening

Offline blue911

« Reply #207: April 09, 2008, 11:14:07 PM »
Fredi had the Nats with a 2-out 3rd inning, but, no, gotta give 'em 3!  And his brainfarts have only just begun!

Please for the love of god explain to me why Olsen started the 8th. Uggla's going to strikeout,Hermida's going to botch plays but what on earth was to be gained by Olsen pitching in the eighth?

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #208: April 09, 2008, 11:22:47 PM »
here we go again with people doubting zimmerman.  :roll: + smh at people who are.

a little skid and people start questioning whether or not r.z. should remain as the #3 hitter? un-freaking-real. zimmerman is the REAL DEAL and we are absolutely privileged to have him on this team. he's wright without all of the overrated hype. he provides optimism. even when we are struggling like this, i take comfort in the fact that we have a bright future with one the best young players in baseball. without him, this team would currently be worthless. people need to start cherishing what he brings to this ball club. i wouldn't replace zimmerman with any other player in baseball, period.

Offline blue911

« Reply #209: April 09, 2008, 11:26:16 PM »
I have to disagree. Zimmerman's pick up this slow pitch softball leg kick thingee. Not good for hitting sliders.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #210: April 09, 2008, 11:26:39 PM »
here we go again with people doubting zimmerman.  :roll: + smh at people who are.

a little skid and people start questioning whether or not r.z. should remain as the #3 hitter? un-freaking-real. zimmerman is the REAL DEAL and we are absolutely privileged to have him on this team. he's wright without all of the overrated hype. he provides optimism. even when we are struggling like this, i take comfort in the fact that we have a bright future with one the best young players in baseball. without him, this team would currently be worthless. people need to start cherishing what he brings to this ball club. i wouldn't replace zimmerman with any other player in baseball, period.

I don't think anyone's doubting Zimmerman as our best player.  However, people have understandably been questioning some particular ABs and plays of his, as goes for any player.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #211: April 09, 2008, 11:28:01 PM »
I have to disagree. Zimmerman's pick up this slow pitch softball leg kick thingee. Not good for hitting sliders.

It's pretty cool when you go back and look at his swing in 2005 and early '06: huge leg kick, exaggerated hand motions.  He seemed to have toned down the motion of his stance in later '06 and 07; maybe some old tendencies are creeping back into his muscle memory.

Offline blue911

« Reply #212: April 09, 2008, 11:30:49 PM »
The real problem with that leg kick is your head bobs.

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #213: April 09, 2008, 11:31:55 PM »
it's sickening how fair weather you guys are even with the face of the franchise.

when zimmerman hit the walk-off homer on opening night he was a god.

when zimmerman hit the decisive homer vs the phillies he was a god.

when zimmerman hits a mini slump, people are ludicrously suggesting he bat fifth?!?!

it's outrageous. zimmerman is a god when he goes 0 for 4 and when he hits a walk off homer. it's all equal to me. my confidence in zimmerman never wavers.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #214: April 09, 2008, 11:36:04 PM »

We all feel the same way about how special Zimmerman is. Saying that he'd be a better #4 or #5 hitter for this team doesn't imply that he sucks. However, he hasn't proven to be one of the "best young hitters" yet (unless you consider Top 20 as being best). He needs to improve his game and develop into what we've seen stints of the past few years. Until then, he's in too valuable of a position in the lineup to be as inconsistent as he has been. THAT DOES NOT IMPLY DOUBT.

And no, offensively, he is not as good as Wright yet. Potentially he is, but not right now and not last year. That is a fact. If we had Wright AND Zimmerman (in a fantasy baseball land where you can have two third basemen), do you really think Zimmerman would bat third?

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #215: April 09, 2008, 11:38:20 PM »
Zim has struggled in this series but it seems like everyone forgets that he was the only guy on the team doing anything at all last weekend in St. Louis. He had 2 hits in every game of that series while the rest of our offense twiddled their thumbs. 

Offline blue911

« Reply #216: April 09, 2008, 11:41:44 PM »
Zim has struggled in this series but it seems like everyone forgets that he was the only guy on the team doing anything all last weekend in St. Louis. He had 2 hits in every game of that series while the rest of our offense twiddled their thumbs. 

Was he using the leg kick? I just noticed it because I went to tonights game.

« Reply #217: April 10, 2008, 07:15:01 AM »
it's sickening how fair weather you guys are even with the face of the franchise.

when zimmerman hit the walk-off homer on opening night he was a god.

when zimmerman hit the decisive homer vs the phillies he was a god.

when zimmerman hits a mini slump, people are ludicrously suggesting he bat fifth?!?!

it's outrageous. zimmerman is a god when he goes 0 for 4 and when he hits a walk off homer. it's all equal to me. my confidence in zimmerman never wavers.

You determining what type of fan people are and judging them on it...

That is too hilarious. :lol:

Offline NatsAddict

« Reply #218: April 10, 2008, 09:17:15 AM »
Please for the love of god explain to me why Olsen started the 8th. Uggla's going to strikeout,Hermida's going to botch plays but what on earth was to be gained by Olsen pitching in the eighth?

I was wondering that, too.  He was at 100 or 101 after 7, and I was surprised to see him batting in the 8th.  Of course, Fredi being Fredi, I just assumed he forgot to PH yet again.  Last year there were about 8 or 10 times he let the pitcher bat, then took him out of the game.

Gardner is indeed perfect at letting all inherited runners score this year.