Author Topic: Derek Norris Potenially Serious Injury  (Read 3732 times)

Offline hammondsnats

Derek Norris Potenially Serious Injury
« Topic Start: May 22, 2010, 12:34:07 AM »
As Scott Olsen is listed day-to-day (hopefully that's it), Derek Norris was taken to the hospital tonight as he took a fastball off the head/helmet.

He can move and has feeling ... hopefully he is okay ... here's to a fast and full recovery!

Offline sportsfan882

Re: Derek Norris Serious Injury
« Reply #1: May 22, 2010, 01:07:57 AM »
:hang:

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #2: May 22, 2010, 04:55:33 AM »
:hang:

:rofl:

What a common post by you. I know this is serious but I actually lol'd at this response expecting this.

Hoping all is well. Sucks it holds back development but please be less-serious than it sounds.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #3: May 22, 2010, 08:42:40 AM »
Please to be changing title to "Potentially Serious" - let's hope Norris is just fine.

Online blue911

« Reply #4: May 22, 2010, 10:31:02 AM »
He was wearing a Kazoo helmet, I doubt if he was seriously hurt.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Norris beaned
« Reply #5: May 22, 2010, 10:42:29 AM »
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100521&content_id=10281510&notebook_id=10311228&vkey=notebook_was&fext=.jsp&c_id=was&partnerId=rss_was
WASHINGTON -- Nationals catcher Derek Norris, the organization's best hitting prospect, was hit in the head with a fastball on Friday night and taken to a local hospital after lying motionless on the field for nearly 10 minutes, according to a press release.
Official reports were that Norris, who plays for Class A Advanced Potomac, was conscious and moving his extremities. The accident occurred against the Salem Red Sox.

"His vitals are fine and everything looks promising," said Doug Harris, the Nationals' director of player development.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #6: May 22, 2010, 11:43:49 AM »
Please to be changing title to "Potentially Serious" - let's hope Norris is just fine.

Agreed, and moving this thread to the Farm.

Offline hammondsnats

Re: Derek Norris Potenially Serious Injury
« Reply #7: May 22, 2010, 11:45:20 AM »
Agreed, and moving this thread to the Farm.

I just started it in the clubhouse because he's one of our top prospects and it's pretty big news

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #8: May 22, 2010, 12:05:53 PM »
I just started it in the clubhouse because he's one of our top prospects and it's pretty big news

Understood, but I don't see why big news on prospects doesn't belong in the Farm.  

When I visit WNFF on those rare occasions   :-[  I click on "Show unread posts since last visit" and usually read from the bottom up, so I catch everything without regard for which group it belongs to.  Perhaps that's not typical, but I've grown used to the structure and it's useful to keep it maintained without making arbitrary exceptions.  That being said, if Chief disagrees, he's not shy about jumping in and moving stuff around again.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #9: May 22, 2010, 12:24:16 PM »
Understood, but I don't see why big news on prospects doesn't belong in the Farm. 

When I visit WNFF on those rare occasions   :-[  I click on "Show unread posts since last visit" and usually read from the bottom up, so I catch everything without regard for which group it belongs to.  Perhaps that's not typical, but I've grown used to the structure and it's useful to keep it maintained without making arbitrary exceptions.  That being said, if Chief disagrees, he's not shy about jumping in and moving stuff around again.

oh i could careless where we put it, i just thought it was big of enough news to warrant clubhouse no big deal.

it sounds like norris is okay, thankfully.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #10: May 22, 2010, 12:28:02 PM »
who cares about norris when we'll have harper 8)

glad to hear norris is OK

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #11: May 22, 2010, 08:16:25 PM »
oh i couldn't care less where we put it, i just thought it was big of enough news to warrant clubhouse no big deal.

it sounds like norris is okay, thankfully.

fixed  ;) :P

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #12: May 22, 2010, 11:30:18 PM »
7-10 days out with a concussion. Rub some dirt on it, big guy :lol:

Seriously, post-concussive syndrome is a big deal and the team is absolutely right to tread lightly.

Offline CatsEye

• Very weird season -Creepy - What....
« Reply #13: June 02, 2010, 02:02:20 PM »
  Just a note, that the same team - whose pitcher beaned Norris -go forward 9 days - is the same team whose pitcher beaned Brian Peacock at the 30 May game at P-Nats stadium.   
       They need to investigate this bullcrap.

Offline Gnome

« Reply #14: June 09, 2010, 12:38:30 AM »
He was wearing a Kazoo helmet, I doubt if he was seriously hurt.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Those things are built for 100 MPH fastballs.

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #15: June 09, 2010, 12:43:30 AM »
Can we change this thread to "Derek Norris is Just Dandy" now? Every time I see it I think something bad happened to him.