Author Topic: Nationals Park Questions? (2011-2014)  (Read 171747 times)

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
Re: Nationals Park Questions?
« Reply #100: November 26, 2011, 05:30:55 PM »
New interactive map of the ballpark at
http://washington.nationals.mlb.com/ballparks/stadium_maps.jsp?c_id=was.

Kind of cool. Looking forward to playing with it more.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #101: November 26, 2011, 08:56:45 PM »
Cool.  Here are my seats.

http://washington.nationals.mlb.com/ballparks/stadium_maps.jsp?c_id=was

Rats it didnt copy my location into the url.

Offline Gleason2

« Reply #102: November 26, 2011, 08:57:01 PM »
New interactive map of the ballpark at
http://washington.nationals.mlb.com/ballparks/stadium_maps.jsp?c_id=was.

Kind of cool. Looking forward to playing with it more.

Other than showing where a particular section in the stadium is, I can't figure out what else it does.  If you can find some other function for it, I'll be interested to know.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #103: November 28, 2011, 09:07:55 AM »
The map allows you to click on particular service (say ATMs) and it will pop up on the map, has food menus of vendors, etc.

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
« Reply #104: November 28, 2011, 12:13:23 PM »
The map allows you to click on particular service (say ATMs) and it will pop up on the map, has food menus of vendors, etc.

The  menus are useless, telling me that the Baseline Brews has "Domestic Bottled Beer" and a "menu that is subject to change without notice" is far from informative in the way that many companies/businesses are able to present information.

Offline NATSCSMGR

• Greetings From Nationals Park!
« Reply #105: November 28, 2011, 04:46:33 PM »
The  menus are useless, telling me that the Baseline Brews has "Domestic Bottled Beer" and a "menu that is subject to change without notice" is far from informative in the way that many companies/businesses are able to present information.

Comish - you bring up a great point! I'll bring this up at our weekly meeting later on this week, and I'll post the results as soon as I can!

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #106: November 28, 2011, 06:19:55 PM »
Hello Everyone! I am going to attempt to answer your non-baseball operations related questions (why dont you sign so-and-so, why did you trade so-and-so, etc.) about Nationals Park! I cant promise I can answer every question personally, but I am willing to give it a go!

Give me shout!

Nats Fan Girl is reporting that the Spring Training season ticket packages include the term "Natitude"; will that be the official slogan for 2012? 

Funny side note is that the term has been used before by nudists/naturalists, so it's got that going for it.

Offline Gleason2

« Reply #107: November 28, 2011, 07:27:17 PM »
Nats Fan Girl is reporting that the Spring Training season ticket packages include the term "Natitude"; will that be the official slogan for 2012? 

Funny side note is that the term has been used before by nudists/naturalists, so it's got that going for it.

Natitude, expect it!

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #108: November 28, 2011, 07:42:41 PM »

please fire the marketing department.  Only "nattitude" could make me long for a return to the "defining moment."

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #109: November 28, 2011, 09:16:08 PM »
please fire the marketing department.  Only "nattitude" could make me long for a return to the "defining moment."

Frankly who cares what they use when they change it every. single. year.  There's something to be said for continuity.  I get that they may be just trying things out to see what fits, but they need to pick something and stick with it before the team become a perennial contender.

Offline CatsEye

• Very weird season -Creepy - What....
Re: Re: Nationals Park Questions?
« Reply #110: December 02, 2011, 11:40:30 AM »
 Mr./Ms/Miss NATSCSMGR,
      I would like to ask you what office you represent in the Nat office organization or who you are representing in Nats Management, based on your blogging name and the purpose of the thread you started? No offense, but are you the real deal or a substitute? We have had many people assert they are with Nats management - which is great, but then it turned out to be different. I find some of your answers to questions and the lack of knowledge on some  matters to be interesting. As I said , no offense intented, but I will be interested in the answers you give, to some of the fan forum's members, on the questions they directed to you.  8)

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Re: Re: Nationals Park Questions?
« Reply #111: December 02, 2011, 12:10:01 PM »
Catseye, Post #9 gives a nationals.com email address as the contact point.  Also, you could ping the member via a PM.

I'm not aware of this situation. Would you be willing to send me an email with more information so I can look into it at gamedaystaff@nationals.com?

Thanks!

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Re: Re: Re: Nationals Park Questions?
« Reply #112: December 02, 2011, 12:42:04 PM »
Mr./Ms/Miss NATSCSMGR,
      I would like to ask you what office you represent in the Nat office organization or who you are representing in Nats Management, based on your blogging name and the purpose of the thread you started? No offense, but are you the real deal or a substitute? We have had many people assert they are with Nats management - which is great, but then it turned out to be different. I find some of your answers to questions and the lack of knowledge on some  matters to be interesting. As I said , no offense intented, but I will be interested in the answers you give, to some of the fan forum's members, on the questions they directed to you.  8)

Look up the Customer Service Manager on the Nats web site and contact the guy directly if you really want to validate the user account.

Ask him my question about Natitude while you are at it if you don't mind.

Offline CatsEye

• Very weird season -Creepy - What....
« Reply #113: December 02, 2011, 02:27:30 PM »
 Okay okay, enough with the e-mails. Got it - his IP maps to the Washington National Baseball Club LLC. The truth is out there and we is dealing with a genuine source. This is great.  :woop: :woop:
 P.S. Powerboater I am sending him an e-mail, since user access is allowed on his e-mail address he has on file - and I will ask him your question - but if you are bullcrapting me about that "natitude", dawg, - you are getting a piece of coal for Christmas....... :nono:  :poke:

Offline The Chief

« Reply #114: December 02, 2011, 02:31:42 PM »
I would have booted him long ago if he hadn't checked out ;)

I also wouldn't have stickied his topic :P

Offline The Chief

« Reply #115: December 03, 2011, 10:59:41 AM »
Let's try to keep the off-topic chatter to a minimum guys.  Thanks.

I split off some of the board discussion to another thread:

http://www.wnff.net/index.php?topic=25295.0

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #116: December 10, 2011, 10:26:31 AM »
Does the team have an official Twitter hashtag?  Based on a review of the six Twitter accounts associated with the team that I'm aware of there is no consistency on whether #Nats or #Nationals is used.  This leads to mixed use by the local and national media.  I have the #Nats search bookmarked as it seems to get the most use, but that means I miss stuff posted using #Nationals.  In both cases there is often a good deal of concurrent usage of the tags, #nationals gets used quite often for a week at a time when there are national competitions, and #nats is a tweebonics term.  I'd suggest creating a new official hashtag for use by the team's accounts and suggested for use by the media and fans, something that would be unique for the team such as #NatsBB, #DCNats, or even #Nats69.

Official Team Accounts:
@Nationals - mostly #Nats one #Nationals
@NatMobile - neither
@ScreechtheEagle - a mix of both
@NationalsPR - a mix of both
@NatsTix - #Nats
@Teddy26Nats - mostly #Nats some #Nationals

Media Accounts:
@MASNNationals - mostly #Nationals some #Nats
@NatsJournal - a mix of both
@MarkZuckerman - mostly #Nats some #Nationals

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #117: December 10, 2011, 01:46:13 PM »
Sorry for two requests in one day, but this is really important, the woman linked in the article below was just unfairly let go from her position as a cheerleader coach.  I'd strongly suggest bringing her in for an interview to run the Nats Pack.

http://deadspin.com/5866849/

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #118: December 13, 2011, 06:20:35 PM »
In addition to the PirateFest mentioned earlier in this thread, the Pirate Caravan will be making 28 stops over the next few days.  TWENTY EIGHT stops with ten players, five coaches, and five broadcasters participating.  This is how PR is done at a major league level.

Pirates Winter Caravan complete schedule
Please Note: All players and caravan stops are subject to change. School visits are not open to the public.

GROUP 1
Featuring outfielder Alex Presley, catcher Michael McKenry, bench coach Jeff Banister and broadcaster Bob Walk.

DATE   LOCATION   TIME   EVENT DETAILS
Wed., Dec. 14   Uniontown, PA   10:30 a.m. - 12 p.m.   Visit to Meal Center at the Salvation Army
(private event)
Wed., Dec. 14   Uniontown, PA   1:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.   Pirates Radio Affiliate WMBS Radio visit
(private event)
Wed., Dec. 14   Morgantown, WV   5 p.m. - 8 p.m.   Autograph session hosted by Pirates Radio Affiliate WAJR 1440 at The Vintage Room
(ages 21 and older)
Thu., Dec. 15   Charleston, WV   11 a.m. - 1 p.m.   Boys and Girls Club Holiday Party (private event)
Thu., Dec. 15   Charleston, WV   6 p.m. - 8 p.m.   West Virginia Power "Winter Warmup" at YMCA
GROUP 2
Featuring outfielder Andrew McCutchen, pitcher Brad Lincoln, third base coach Nick Leyva and broadcaster Steve Blass.

Wed., Dec. 14   Latrobe, PA   12 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.   Luncheon at Giannilli's II Restaurant
Wed., Dec. 14   Johnstown, PA   6:30 p.m. - 8 p.m.   Autograph Signing at Johnstown Mall
Thu., Dec. 15   State College, PA   10 a.m. - 11 a.m.   Easterly Parkway Elementary School Visit (private event)
Thu., Dec. 15   State College, PA   12 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.   VIP Luncheon at Damon's Grill (private event)
Thu., Dec. 15   State College, PA   1:45 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.   Mt. Nittany Medical Center visit (private event)
Thu., Dec. 15   Altoona, PA   6:30 p.m. - 8 p.m.   Autograph Signing at The Curve Store
at Logan Valley Mall
GROUP 3
Featuring outfielder Jose Tabata, pitcher Jeff Karstens, first base coach Luis Silverio and broadcaster Greg Brown.

Wed., Dec. 14   Hopewell, PA   8:30 a.m. 10 a.m.   County-Wide Breakfast at The Fez
Wed., Dec. 14   Youngstown, OH   12 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.   Luncheon at The Butler Institute of American Art
Wed., Dec. 14   Erie, PA   6:30 p.m. - 8 p.m.   Autograph Signing at Millcreek Mall
Thu., Dec. 15   Meadville, PA   TBD   Community event (site TBD)
Thu., Dec. 15   Indiana, PA   7 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.   Autograph Signing at Indiana Mall
GROUP 4
Featuring manager Clint Hurdle, pitcher James McDonald, pitcher Daniel McCutchen and broadcaster John Wehner.

Wed., Dec. 14   Ridgway, PA   11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.   VIP Luncheon at WDDH Radio (private event)
Wed., Dec. 14   DuBois, PA   6:30 p.m. - 8 p.m.   Autograph Signing at DuBois YMCA
Thu., Dec. 15   Pittsburgh, PA   10:30 a.m. - 12 p.m.   Holiday Party for the Children's Institute
The Day School (private event)
Thu., Dec. 15   Peters Twp., PA   1:30 p.m. - 3 p.m.   Autograph Signing at PNC Bank
3850 Washington Road, McMurray, PA 15317
Thu., Dec. 15   Wheeling, WV   6 p.m. - 8 p.m.   Autograph Signing at Cabela's
GROUP 5
Featuring pitcher Kevin Correia, pitcher Joel Hanrahan, pitching coach Ray Searage and broadcaster Tim Neverett.

Tue., Dec. 13   Pittsburgh, PA   4:30 p.m. - 6 p.m.   Evening meal service at
Light of Life Rescue Mission (private event)
Wed., Dec. 14   Pittsburgh, PA   9 a.m. - 12 p.m.   School event at Pressley Ridge (private event)
Wed., Dec. 14   Pittsburgh, PA   1 p.m. - 3 p.m.   Y108 St. Jude's Telethon (private event)
Wed., Dec. 14   Pittsburgh, PA   5:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.   Season Ticket Holder batting practice
at PNC Park (private event)
Thu., Dec. 15   North Fayette, PA   10 a.m. - 12 p.m.   Autograph Signing at Highmark Store
218 Summit Park Drive, North Fayette, PA 15275
Thu., Dec. 15   Steubenville, OH   6:30 p.m. - 8 p.m.   Autograph Signing at Fort Steuben Mall

In addition to the group Caravan events, the Pirates will hold an autograph session at Allegheny General Hospital in Pittsburgh on Tuesday, December 13 from 2 p.m. - 3 p.m. with Michael McKenry, Brad Lincoln, Daniel McCutchen and Alex Presley.

http://pittsburgh.pirates.mlb.com/pit/community/caravan.jsp

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #119: December 13, 2011, 09:32:05 PM »
In addition to the PirateFest mentioned earlier in this thread, the Pirate Caravan will be making 28 stops over the next few days.  TWENTY EIGHT stops with ten players, five coaches, and five broadcasters participating.  This is how PR is done at a major league level.

(Image removed from quote.)

http://pittsburgh.pirates.mlb.com/pit/community/caravan.jsp

Props for the stop at Mt Nittany Hospital :clap:

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
« Reply #120: December 18, 2011, 04:35:36 PM »
Comish - you bring up a great point! I'll bring this up at our weekly meeting later on this week, and I'll post the results as soon as I can!

Ok, so, what's the latest on the Nats Winter Caravan?

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #121: December 18, 2011, 04:54:05 PM »

Are we going to not have autographs again?

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #122: December 19, 2011, 11:44:19 PM »

They are all just going to take turns wailing on hammonds with a wiffle bat while the Nats fans stand around and laugh. Best NatsFest ever!

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #123: December 19, 2011, 11:46:38 PM »

They are all just going to take turns wailing on hammonds with a wiffle bat while the Nats fans stand around and laugh. Best NatsFest ever!

oh that's really classy :nono:

i should report you ... you're anti-catholic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #124: December 20, 2011, 01:24:06 PM »

I asked my ticket rep today!  He said nothing's finalized yet.

Btw, season ticket info packs go out the 28th.