Author Topic: Changes need to be made. NOW.  (Read 1082 times)

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
Changes need to be made. NOW.
« Topic Start: July 27, 2005, 10:17:10 PM »
Before we slip any further.

It is time to do whatever it takes to get this turned around.  I'm really open to anything at this point except trading Pitchers.

Nobody who gets paid to swing a bat for a living is Untouchable.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #1: July 27, 2005, 10:21:36 PM »
trade guzman. he sucks. baerga isnt so good himself. call up somebody from AAA or something (not Ryan Z.). anything.

Diehard_Nationals_Fan

« Reply #2: July 27, 2005, 10:53:49 PM »
Im all for trading Guzman, Vidro, and Baerga.  GO for it and lets get it done! NOW!   I do NOT want to see this club going into the stretch drive with the lineup we currently have.

At LEAST these 3 should go.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #3: July 27, 2005, 10:58:41 PM »
Trade Guzman for a SS now with Seattle, Detroit, or Arizona.  Give them Guzman and another player.  They probably have a real hitting coach who can turn Guzman around, who has zero confidence at this point.  The Nationals can turn this around.  They're in a bad slump.

I couldn't help but think during the 9th inning of the Game 2 loss to Atlanta that the Nationals put in two pinch hitters.  Baerga was hitting .277 and Church was hitting .313, but neither got on base.  Think about this: When did the old Washington Senators  have players with batting averages that high who could pinch hit?  The Nationals need a real hitting coach.  These guys are capable of winning the division.  :idea: