Author Topic: Tonight at 7:00pm: ESPN profiles the Let Teddy Win movement  (Read 1641 times)

Offline Teddy-Roosevelt

• LetTeddyWin.com
    • Presidents race gear including official TM Let Teddy Win shirts and rally signs.
If there's a rain delay...

Tonight at 7:00pm: ESPN's sports magazine E:60 profiles the Let Teddy Win movement:

http://blog.letteddywin.com/2012/09/14/espns-e60-teddy-roosevelt-presidents-race/

Offline cmdterps44

• Future

Offline Ray D

I think tonight's game is cancelled.   If so, they are doing a horrible job of telling us. But the Nats home page lists a game tomorrow at 4.  Is that how they announce it?   A doubleheader tomorrow, 4 and 7?

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
I got a text and an email and a tweet that it was cancelled :shrug:

Makeup game is tomorrow at 4:00 pm

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
The "let Teddy win" folks are misguided. Same mentality as "every kid gets a trophy". Teddy's a loser. Let him earn it. Go Abe.

Offline Ray D

Looks like a separate admission double header. What a bunch of cheap asses.

Offline Jordanz Meatballz

:roll:  >:( What a waste of my time on both ends, if true.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause

It's a single admission double header and you can exchange your tickets from tonight for the double header tomorrow or any remaining home game except 9/22

Nationals PR ‏@NationalsPR
All tickets for tonight must be exchanged at Box Office for tomorrow's DH or any remaining '12 home game, exc. 9/22 or postseason tiebreaker

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
:roll:  >:( What a waste of my time on both ends, if true.

It's a single admission double header

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
#Nationals will play a single-admission DH Wed. 9/19, beginning at 4:05pm. 2nd game at 7:05 or approx. 30 minutes after the end of 1st game

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
#Nationals will play a single-admission DH Wed. 9/19, beginning at 4:05pm. 2nd game at 7:05 or approx. 30 minutes after the end of 1st game

Yay thanks!

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Replace Teddy with PUTIN! and we will have someone who knows how to win rigged races.

Offline Ray D

Good for them, I take back what I said about cheap asses.   But they did have separate ticket links on the home page so separate admission seemed a reasonable inference.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause

Good for them, I take back what I said about cheap asses.   But they did have separate ticket links on the home page so separate admission seemed a reasonable inference.

:whip:

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
The "let Teddy win" folks are misguided. Same mentality as "every kid gets a trophy". Teddy's a loser. Let him earn it. Go Abe.

:lmao:

Sanity.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
If they just let him run he could win.  But they have him distracted,knocked down,mis-directed, etc.  Run a real race!

Nobody in a true competition loses that much!  Your comment assumes its a fair race in the first place.

On now!

Offline captkirk42

• Curly W Cards
I think they should just stop with the banning Teddy from winning and make the races real. NO shenanigans to make Teddy lose, no Teddy getting disoriented and shaking fans hands instead of running. He'll still have a losing record but maybe he'll get lucky like the Cubs did 100some years ago.

Offline DPMOmaha

Schticks work, there's a reason they keep doing them.  These silly racing fads will die out eventually as more and more teams do them and they become less and less original and something else will take their place.  Now there's real, legitimate baseball for the baseball fans and a little fun skit for the casual fans and kids as well.  I understand that it can be a little annoying for the fans that are there for baseball first, but there are a lot of people that are there just for a fun night out.  And this adds to it.  We don't get ESPN doing this piece if the NATS aren't in first place.  It all works together.

Offline Copecwby20

I always tell my girlfriend's kids that if Teddy wins, they both get 20 bucks..... at first they were all into it and cheering for Teddy. Their approach now is "Here comes Teddy, costing me 20 bucks again." lmao

Offline CALSGR8

As long as it keeps people talking about it,he will always lose!  Now McCain wants an investigation!  Give me a break!

Offline Hogie

When the Nationals were nothing more than a punchline and ESPN had to begrudgingly show their highlights, they would still mention the president's race and Teddy always losing. That was amazing at the time. It was a great gimmick and great marketing and years later they're still talking about it. Like it or not, we're still the worst franchise in baseball, at least for now. Any publicity is good publicity. The second Teddy wins a race, we're just another team that has weird things racing around its field and the hook is gone forever.

So no, Teddy isn't going to win the race the first time we clinch the playoffs, or the first postseason playoff game, or even game 7 of the World Series. Teddy will never win a race, nor should he.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
Abe is the man.  As is PUTIN!

Offline CALSGR8

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
I watched that E-60 thing last night it was really funny

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
The shot at Abe was unnecessary.  Of course, it wasn't the first time someone has taken a shot at him.