Author Topic: Nationals vs Phillies, Game 2  (Read 37293 times)

Re: Nationals vs Phillies, Game 2
« Reply #50: April 15, 2009, 01:05:13 PM »
Any chick that partakes in sports talk is well prepared for "edgy abode" (aka inappropriateness, locker room banter, etc.)

Now if only some men were as prepared...

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #51: April 15, 2009, 01:06:00 PM »
Does that lineup look likely? We scored 8 runs last game why not keep it like it was?
Well...Guzman is hurt and Milledge was sent down, kinda hard to put those guys back in the lineup...

Offline Burgess

• K MONSTER!
« Reply #52: April 15, 2009, 01:07:01 PM »
Well...Guzman is hurt and Milledge was sent down, kinda hard to put those guys back in the lineup...

Oh I see, I completly forgot Guzzy but I don't like Dukes at 2nd that means more walks for Dunn. :)

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #53: April 15, 2009, 01:07:40 PM »
Does that lineup look likely? We scored 8 runs last game why not keep it like it was?

No one knows what the lineups are yet.  They're just filler until the lineups are released closer to game time.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #54: April 15, 2009, 01:08:37 PM »

Offline ZimmsGirl72

« Reply #55: April 15, 2009, 01:16:35 PM »
On another note, its been drizzle all day maybe a few drops here and there, around silver spring. I think they would play in this weather though.

Weather update from 14th and Pennsylvania -- raining pretty steadily, but probably not enough to delay or postpone the game. 

And, I'm with ballgirl -- any chick who's used to being around guys and sports can probably handle this place :)

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #56: April 15, 2009, 01:16:43 PM »
Any chick that partakes in sports talk is well prepared for "edgy abode" (aka inappropriateness, locker room banter, etc.)

word.  and for what its worth, our section cheered for you.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #57: April 15, 2009, 01:18:05 PM »
Weather update from 14th and Pennsylvania -- raining pretty steadily, but probably not enough to delay or postpone the game. 

And, I'm with ballgirl -- any chick who's used to being around guys and sports can probably handle this place :)

yeah still lazy drizzle in bethesda, i'm 99% sure we'll get the game in tonight. 

but i will say if the female posters on this board can handle this group of guys, you ladies can probably handle any guys out there.

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #58: April 15, 2009, 01:20:06 PM »
weather.com says light rain all day changing to rain at 7pm.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #59: April 15, 2009, 01:21:41 PM »
weather.com says light rain all day changing to rain at 7pm.
Doubleheader tomorrow? It's normally pretty hard to get swept in a DH although we did that to Colorado last year I believe.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #60: April 15, 2009, 01:35:02 PM »
sorry if I offended you ballgirl14. I didn't know you were on here until just now.

Two ladies who call themselves "chicks..."  It's unusual to see sportsfan882 post an apology.  sportsfan882 NEVER posts anything that would offend ANYONE on this forum (WNFF.)  He is the model of calmness, is well-mannered, and never even uses profanity in this thread [yet.] 

So now we need to see that pic, to evaluate the accuracy of [owesMe1]sportsfan882's[/owesMe1] "hot as crap" rating.

Zero wins and 7 losses makes cherry blossoms cry & die

Offline ZimmsGirl72

« Reply #61: April 15, 2009, 02:02:26 PM »
Two ladies who call themselves "chicks..." 

Only the cool girls can handle be referred to as chicks ;)  Most women are too uppity.

Anywho, no more rain downtown . . . at least for now.

Offline CJames0569

« Reply #62: April 15, 2009, 02:18:16 PM »
best gameday thread of the year so far

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #63: April 15, 2009, 02:20:36 PM »
ENOUGH is ENOUGH! lets get a freaking win! Martis needs to man up and pitch a gem and the offense needs to smack Blanton around. this is really our last winnable game for the rest of the week, Hamels on Thursday, and then the dreaded Marlins this weekend who absolutely own our lives.

*please no rain out. i don't care if we're 0-7, 48+ hours w/o Nats baseball would suck. i'm starving for that first win!

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #64: April 15, 2009, 02:21:08 PM »
I hope it gets rained out and that they play a DH tomorrow. I bet Comcast would get both games (today's game is on local Philly CW and I don't get it).

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #65: April 15, 2009, 02:22:38 PM »
I hope it gets rained out and that they play a DH tomorrow. I bet Comcast would get both games (today's game is on local Philly CW and I don't get it).

I'm sorry PA but I've already missed enough day games at work, tonight's game must be played as scheduled.

Offline ballgirl14

« Reply #66: April 15, 2009, 02:34:40 PM »
Two ladies who call themselves "chicks..."  It's unusual to see sportsfan882 post an apology.  sportsfan882 NEVER posts anything that would offend ANYONE on this forum (WNFF.)  He is the model of calmness, is well-mannered, and never even uses profanity in this thread [yet.] 

So now we need to see that pic, to evaluate the accuracy of [owesMe1]sportsfan882's[/owesMe1] "hot as crap" rating.

That's me in my profile pic w/the AWFUL swing.  In my own defense, it was for a homerun derby so dropping the shoulder a little is acceptable.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #67: April 15, 2009, 02:53:45 PM »
That's me in my profile pic w/the AWFUL swing.  In my own defense, it was for a homerun derby so dropping the shoulder a little is acceptable.

I think that pic may belong in another thread ;)

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #68: April 15, 2009, 03:03:18 PM »

you're keeping your head on the pitch and it looks you have short, compact quick swing.  don't worry ryan zimmerman has been dropping his shoulder for everything thus far as well.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #69: April 15, 2009, 03:32:38 PM »
I think that pic may belong in another thread ;)

:rofl: :clap:

Im going to the game tomorrow with Hammonds, well I assume I am, two games would be awesome if somehow I can use my ticket to get into both

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #70: April 15, 2009, 03:35:34 PM »
:rofl: :clap:

Im going to the game tomorrow with Hammonds, well I assume I am, two games would be awesome if somehow I can use my ticket to get into both

Teams have been scheduling a lot of day-night doubleheaders to squeeze some extra money at the gates. Classy. Seems easier for employees, fans, etc to play 2 in a row...

May also give the players some rest  . . .

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #71: April 15, 2009, 03:41:38 PM »
I'll be pissed if tonight's game is rained out.  We need a win and need it badly, I can't go another day waiting for the Nats to pick up a W.

Offline JMUalumni

« Reply #72: April 15, 2009, 03:52:35 PM »
Latest Pete McElroy post:

I just arrived at Nationals Park and it was a miserable walk from the Navy Yard metro to the ballpark. It's raining, windy and nothing but gray skies as far as I can see from the press box, here on the sixth floor of the stadium.

It's a steady rain and after checking the forecast, it's not supposed to let up until 3:00 a.m.

I'm no meteorologist, but if I had to give my opinion, I would say there is no chance this game will get underway tonight.

The clubhouse opens at 3:30 p.m. so I'll head down to see what roster decisions have been made.

Lastings Milledge was sent down to Triple-A Syracuse yesterday, so the team has one move to make.

With Elijah Dukes taking over in center field, it leaves the Nationals with no back up at that position. I wouldn't be surprised to see Roger Bernadina is the clubhouse.

I'll be back with updates.
http://masnsports.com/2009/04/will-tonights-game-ever-start.html

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #73: April 15, 2009, 03:57:47 PM »
yeah NJ and Chatter blogs both have this game most likely not being played.  DAGGER.

i like the caps, but as i said, i'd rather get a nats win.

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #74: April 15, 2009, 04:00:29 PM »
Heading out to get into some warm clothes and trash bags.....

Go Nats!