Author Topic: Nationals vs Cardinals, Game 3  (Read 24280 times)

Offline Burgess

• K MONSTER!
Re: Nationals vs Cardinals, Game 3
« Reply #500: May 02, 2009, 10:04:26 PM »
Are you guys kidding me? My internet was off and I come to see the result and I see that one of our pitcher had a CG. Oh wow that was not expected but we still have an awful record.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #501: May 02, 2009, 11:51:10 PM »
Martis should have had more respect all along. JZ got top prospect attention, but Martis has more years of pro experience, has proven he can pitch the innings throughout the year, had a no-hitter in the WBC when he had yet to turn 19, and was as effective in ST as JZ despite still being younger. At some point this season, and maybe fairly soon, JZ and Martis are quite likely to emerge as the clear best two pitchers on this year's staff. But JZ is most likely to be shut down in September. Martis may go longer.
Whatever happens, the rest of the National League better be pissing themselves about having to face Strasburg, Zimmermann and Martis in 2010. You might call it the east coast's answer to Lincecum, Cain and Sanchez, or maybe the north's answer to Johnson, Nolasco and Volstad.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #502: May 02, 2009, 11:59:35 PM »
Oswalt's start got cut short to 1 inning today because of rain so he will now get to face the Nationals on Tuesday. :?

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #503: May 03, 2009, 12:08:08 AM »
Whatever happens, the rest of the National League better be pissing themselves about having to face Strasburg, Zimmermann and Martis in 2010. You might call it the east coast's answer to Lincecum, Cain and Sanchez, or maybe the north's answer to Johnson, Nolasco and Volstad.
Having Lannan behind that doesn't suck either.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #504: May 03, 2009, 12:11:09 AM »
What are they going to do with the extra 50 tshirts left over from the give-away today?

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #505: May 03, 2009, 01:01:36 AM »
Having Lannan behind that doesn't suck either.
Nope, it means that basically our whole farm system is competing for one place plus spot starts ... if all goes well...

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #506: May 03, 2009, 01:08:54 AM »
Nope, it means that basically our whole farm system is competing for one place plus spot starts ... if all goes well...
Or we go big time after someone like...John Lackey.  That rotation (and the bullpen issues addressed) with this offense (which is one reason I'm not in favor of shipping NJ out of town) would be a lot more fun to watch.