Author Topic: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!  (Read 417620 times)

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Re: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!
« Reply #2025: June 19, 2012, 06:38:21 PM »
:lol: :lol:

Written with the utmost historical respect.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #2026: June 19, 2012, 06:40:02 PM »
Salty - i hate to say it, but I found my eyes drifted towards the Nats batting order and not the Sox when MLB Network flashed them up before the Sunday game, and I found myself happy that Danny Espinosa led off with a double and scored.  I was wearing my Mr Walkoff long sleeve, and had to explain it to the crowd I was with.  Yes, I'm still a sox fan first, but I follow the Nats more closely.

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
« Reply #2027: June 21, 2012, 05:10:32 PM »
Welcome newbie.   :)

Likewise! (From Washington Heights, where it's a quick three stops to 145th, and then about one stop to 161 and River.)

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #2028: June 21, 2012, 11:31:23 PM »
1st Star to the left and straight on till morning! 

Lol!

Offline saltydad

« Reply #2029: June 22, 2012, 04:43:58 PM »
Likewise! (From Washington Heights, where it's a quick three stops to 145th, and then about one stop to 161 and River.)

Used to work at Columbia Pres and the NY State Psych Institute at 168th and Broadway. Some great eating around there.

Offline markfnc

« Reply #2030: June 26, 2012, 03:23:20 PM »
From Johnston County NC (South of Raleigh). Watch 3 or 4 games a week on MASN.   Came to 1st game April 2008 vs Marlins.  Coming again July 5 vs Giants.  Me and my 10 year old Love the Nats.

Offline malone1020

« Reply #2031: June 26, 2012, 03:49:21 PM »
Hi Everyone -

Thank you in advance for the welcome!!

My name is Brian and I am the lucky owner of http://thatsaclownquestionbro.com, a saber-slanted MLB blog infused with bits of Bryce-mania.  I always wanted to start up my own MLB blog, and after hearing Bryce's infamous quip, I pulled the trigger on the domain name. 

Not every post will be about Bryce, or even the Nationals - and I will be sure to place the new posts in the proper Forum sections (Bryce/Nats = Clubhouse, everything else = Out of Town Scoreboard.

Nonetheless, I base my articles/analyses on the research that I do in order to provide unique perspectives not already covered by several of the big MLB blogs.  I also will try to find a balance between sabermetric and generic baseball analysis so as to not over/underwhelm either reader extreme.

I plan on taking some very unique looks at Bryce's talent and performance as the season progresses, so feel free to subscribe to the RSS feed, below, to be updated whenever a new article/blog post is published:

http://feeds.feedburner.com/NotAClownBlogBro

Appreciate the "hospitality," guys!  I look forward to some insightful and fun discourse!
Brian

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2032: June 26, 2012, 04:51:36 PM »
Brian / Mark - welcome to the board.  LAC or LANC?

Offline Kentucky_National

• BANG ZOOM
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2033: July 01, 2012, 09:29:30 PM »
From Johnston County NC (South of Raleigh). Watch 3 or 4 games a week on MASN.   Came to 1st game April 2008 vs Marlins.  Coming again July 5 vs Giants.  Me and my 10 year old Love the Nats.

Welcome! Enjoy the game this week!

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #2034: July 01, 2012, 09:51:00 PM »
Welcome Marcfnc and 10 year old! (mini-markfnc?)

Offline wilbur

• Car bombs?
« Reply #2035: July 06, 2012, 01:37:10 AM »
Hello everyone, my name is Will, aka Wilbur, and love my Nats. I never grew up a baseball fan, and only four years ago became a Nats fan, but I like to consider myself a pretty dedicated fan. I catch most games(when not working), follow the minors, and go to nats park when I get the time. I'm a pretty hardcore DC sports fan, with my first love being the Skins, but also appreciate the Caps, United, and Bullets.

I bartend in Bethesda at a divey type of bar, and love it. Glad to be here and hope to contribute to a group of great Nats fans!!

Offline saltydad

« Reply #2036: July 06, 2012, 01:40:47 AM »
Welcome to all the new folks, Wilbur, Malone1020, and markfnc. A crazy and wonderful place, from an old timer.  :old:

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #2037: July 06, 2012, 07:33:50 AM »
Hey Wilbur!  That's "SOME PIG" avatar you got there!  Yes I know A Charlotte's Web avatar when I see one!

WELCOME!

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #2038: July 06, 2012, 07:35:40 AM »
Hi Everyone -

Thank you in advance for the welcome!!

My name is Brian and I am the lucky owner of http://thatsaclownquestionbro.com, a saber-slanted MLB blog infused with bits of Bryce-mania.  I always wanted to start up my own MLB blog, and after hearing Bryce's infamous quip, I pulled the trigger on the domain name. 

Not every post will be about Bryce, or even the Nationals - and I will be sure to place the new posts in the proper Forum sections (Bryce/Nats = Clubhouse, everything else = Out of Town Scoreboard.

Nonetheless, I base my articles/analyses on the research that I do in order to provide unique perspectives not already covered by several of the big MLB blogs.  I also will try to find a balance between sabermetric and generic baseball analysis so as to not over/underwhelm either reader extreme.

I plan on taking some very unique looks at Bryce's talent and performance as the season progresses, so feel free to subscribe to the RSS feed, below, to be updated whenever a new article/blog post is published:

http://feeds.feedburner.com/NotAClownBlogBro

Appreciate the "hospitality," guys!  I look forward t,o some insightful and fun discourse!
Brian

Hey Malone!  Where in Bethesda!  Thats my old stomping ground!

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #2039: July 06, 2012, 07:44:00 AM »
Hey Malone!  Where in Bethesda!  Thats my old stomping ground!

I think that was Wilbur with the Bethesda reference.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2040: July 06, 2012, 08:08:12 AM »
Wilbur works at a bar called "Mr. Ed's."  It's a converted barn. 

Welcome, Wilbur!

Offline Natsfaninraleigh

« Reply #2041: July 09, 2012, 08:25:10 AM »
Hello Nats fans, Brad here, grew up in Silver Spring but currently live in Raleigh NC. We are in the Nats and Os MLB region but Time Warner and Masn hate each other so no TV except for Direct Tv. I finally broke down and got Direct so am glued to the games now. My kids are upset that I so easily changed my allegiance from the Os to the Nats. I love this team. Caught the Reds series earlier this year with some friends who are from Cinn. As an old Senator fan, only other long suffering fans like me can feel what it is like to watch this team have success. So much fun.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #2042: July 09, 2012, 12:29:31 PM »
Hello Nats fans, Brad here, grew up in Silver Spring but currently live in Raleigh NC. We are in the Nats and Os MLB region but Time Warner and Masn hate each other so no TV except for Direct Tv. I finally broke down and got Direct so am glued to the games now. My kids are upset that I so easily changed my allegiance from the Os to the Nats. I love this team. Caught the Reds series earlier this year with some friends who are from Cinn. As an old Senator fan, only other long suffering fans like me can feel what it is like to watch this team have success. So much fun.

:clap:

Offline saltydad

« Reply #2043: July 09, 2012, 04:32:32 PM »
A very warm welcome to you, NFIR.

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #2044: July 09, 2012, 05:26:33 PM »
I think that was Wilbur with the Bethesda reference.

:-[

« Reply #2045: July 09, 2012, 11:47:53 PM »
Good evening, all.

Growing up in Richmond, I've been a 'Skins fan most of my life with passing interest in the Orioles, Capitals and Bullets through the years. I now live in metro Atlanta but have retained my loyalty all along to the 'Skins. And now, this year, I've renewed my allegiance to the Caps and have claimed the Nationals as my MLB team. I must admit to a little "bandwagon jumping" as the Caps and Nats have both had some noticeable success this year. Still, I'm in it for the long haul, win or lose.

And, no, I don't plan on renewing my interest in the O's. One team per league is plenty. Maybe I'll become a Wizards fan, though, now that they've hearkened back to the Bullets of yesteryear with their color scheme.

Offline Misfit

« Reply #2046: July 19, 2012, 06:03:54 PM »
The names Shawn. From Hampton, Va, currently residing in Columbia, SC.  Love them Nats, and try to catch every game I can down here, which isn't often.
Happy to join the forum, and talk some baseball.

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #2047: July 19, 2012, 06:26:46 PM »
NATS the Way it is - cool take on Cronkite!
Misfit youll fit in fine here!

WELCOME!

Offline r088y

« Reply #2048: July 21, 2012, 12:26:37 PM »
Hello Nats Fan Forum, my name is Robby and I live in Springfield VA.  I've been following our Washington Nationals since they returned to our area in '05. It's unfortunate my first post comes after watching the Nats forfeit a 9-0 lead to the visiting Braves while enduring the weather.  Hope the rest of the series keeps us atop our division.   

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #2049: July 21, 2012, 12:30:31 PM »
Always welcome  ....