Author Topic: Nats fanbase  (Read 5185 times)

Offline USF_Football

Re: Nats fanbase
« Topic Start: October 13, 2012, 11:03:44 PM »
Best and fair weather are two different ideals in my opinion. Were we loud? Yes. But so were the fans in Oakland. I live in Texas, yet getting a ticket to a game at Nationals Park has only been tough on two occasions. The first game at Nationals Park in 2008 (I had to pony up for Presidential seats to get tickets for my dad and I) and the first playoff game (ended up with individual seats in the PNC Diamond Club section for both of us). I'll be curious to see how packed the park is next year during the dog days of summer if we're battling the Braves for 1st (or worse, vying for a wild card spot). Hopefully, we don't see regression as a team (I could care less if we see it among the fan base). DC has always been a fair weather city for the most part - kinda like Tampa. Win, people show up. Lose... people have better things to do on game day.

Certain players had career years this season (Desmond, LaRoche, Gio, Clippard). Who will step up when these players falter? Will Zimmerman ever put up numbers like an Adrian Beltre - he always gets the hype of a top notch 3B. Or will he still be damaged goods next season after his surgery (which hopefully he will undergo ASAP). Personally, I believe Jordan Zimmermann will carry the rotation next season.

Anyways... the fans will show up for the post season, but I doubt we even sell out Opening Day. Just my take... Count me in though for the MLB package once again. Only way to see the Nats out here in San Antonio.