Author Topic: Nationals @ Rays, Game 2  (Read 11344 times)

Re: Nationals @ Rays, Game 2
« Reply #250: June 14, 2009, 12:05:57 AM »
it was a bad outing but you would send him down over guys like Hanrahan and Colome?

Clippard badly needs to get the call. I don't know what Rizzo is waiting on.

I'd send all three at the same time because lets face it: we've seen all three before and we know how utterly useless they are capable of being. It shouldn't be shocking to see Bergmann do this. He has done it every season he has been with the Nats and there was/is nothing that indicated it would be any different.

However, it's not going to happen if only for the reason we have nothing left in the relief tank, aside from Clippard.

the fact that his ERA is only 6.91 after giving up 5 ER (not all given up by him, colome let some inherited score) and not recording an out tells you that he imploded in one game and was solid before that.

He has NEVER been solid. Just solidly inconsistent. Same crap, different season.

Offline eagleskins

• BANNED FOREVER
« Reply #251: June 14, 2009, 12:47:48 AM »
anyone know why Willingham's brother was running from the cops? I don't feel sorry for him. you get what you deserve.

I do feel for Josh and his family though.

Idiotic.  Running from cops is taboo.  Cops are some of the most corrupt jag offs in human kind. 

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #252: June 14, 2009, 01:02:04 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Spidernat is one of Dunn's biggest fans on here.

16-44. Dunn is a waste of money and you know it. should have saved that money for next offseason or spent it on quality relievers. Our record wouldn't be any worse (it would probably be better).
:doh: Dunn is not a "waste of money," dumbass.  This team was going nowhere.  Best to spend money on a player like Dunn who can be traded for talent or parlayed into a draft pick through the compensation system.  He only cost money - we gave up nothing else for him.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #253: June 14, 2009, 01:28:22 AM »
:doh: Dunn is not a "waste of money," dumbass.  This team was going nowhere.  Best to spend money on a player like Dunn who can be traded for talent or parlayed into a draft pick through the compensation system.  He only cost money - we gave up nothing else for him.
Plus, it's not like we were going to spend the money on anything else.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #254: June 14, 2009, 10:32:11 AM »
Five earned runs in one inning, a ballooning 6.91 ERA, the blown save, AND the loss doesn't get him a free ticket back to the beaches of Syracuse to work on his tan?

I just think we have a coupe others who should not even be here and I would rather see them go first before Bergmann. If the old Bergmann is back to his beach tricks then he should go as well but he should be given a shot to bounce back from this horrifying outing.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #255: June 14, 2009, 10:33:57 AM »
another curly L in the books!

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #256: June 14, 2009, 11:02:36 AM »
Five earned runs in one inning, a ballooning 6.91 ERA, the blown save, AND the loss doesn't get him a free ticket back to the beaches of Syracuse to work on his tan?

You have more posts on one bad outing by Bergmann than on all his good ones combined.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #257: June 14, 2009, 11:06:59 AM »
yeah, but better him than some innocent soul just driving down the road minding their own business.

Of course it's better the perpetrator get it than an innocent, but you seem almost cheerful that a drunk driver kills himself running from the cops.  Perhaps with maturity you will learn that many, many people make mistakes in their lives, sometimes grievous ones, that they recover from to lead good lives and become real contributors to society. 

But go ahead, cast the first stone.

« Reply #258: June 14, 2009, 11:08:31 AM »
You have more posts on one bad outing by Bergmann than on all his good ones combined.

And you sound like Manny Acta praising poor performance after a bad game. The guy is a chump and season after season he proves it. I understand he is another one of your underachieving crushes, Tom, but the guy just isn't working. He couldn't hack it as a starter and he isn't doing too hot as a reliever. He is running out of places to go.

Maybe we should make him back-up back-up catcher to Wil Nieves. If that doesn't work we could try beer vendor. He could always have Clint's job. I'm sure that will make several here bubble up with joy.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #259: June 14, 2009, 11:10:24 AM »
And you sound like Manny Acta praising poor performance after a bad game.

Did Manny call you out on your biases?  Show me where I praised poor performance. 

I bet you got nothing.

« Reply #260: June 14, 2009, 11:17:51 AM »

Then why did you say this Tom? There should be no complaints on calling out Bergmann on a horrible performance, NONE, but you seem to have a problem with it. So let's hear why we shouldn't give him crap.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #261: June 14, 2009, 11:21:51 AM »
Then why did you say this Tom? There should be no complaints on calling out Bergmann on a horrible performance, NONE, but you seem to have a problem with it. So let's hear why we shouldn't give him crap.

It was a horrible performance, no question about it.  My view is pretty much in sync with what Spider said, that he's generally been pretty good, that I hope this outing is anomylous, and I'm not ready to send him down pending seeing more. 

The problem I have with your posts is that you sit silently by when one of your targeted players performs well, then pounce with unmitigated glee when a bad performance occurs.  In otherwords, you are very unfair and biased in your expressed opinions.

Online blue911

« Reply #262: June 14, 2009, 11:52:54 AM »
NOTLD's just pissed that Shawn Hill was cut.

« Reply #263: June 14, 2009, 11:55:43 AM »
NOTLD's just pissed that Shawn Hill was cut.

I am. The material on my blog went down about 45% after he left. If Manny leaves, I might have to close down the blog permanently or post muffin recipes.

Online blue911

« Reply #264: June 14, 2009, 11:58:28 AM »
I am. The material on my blog went down about 45% after he left. If Manny leaves, I might have to close down the blog permanently or post muffin recipes.

Muffins are the worst food on the planet. They look like a cupcake but they make them from bran. No icing and you have to poop after 20 minutes. Must be great to live to 100.

« Reply #265: June 14, 2009, 12:00:53 PM »
Muffins are the worst food on the planet. They look like a cupcake but they make them from bran. No icing and you have to poop after 20 minutes. Must be great to live to 100.

I'm trying to live to 100. I figure the Nats should win a World Series sometime in there.

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #266: June 14, 2009, 12:57:25 PM »
No icing and you have to poop after 20 minutes. Must be great to live to 100.

Once you reach a certain age, nothing beats a good poop.  :thumbs: :woop:

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #267: June 14, 2009, 12:59:07 PM »
Once you reach a certain age, nothing beats a good poop.  :thumbs: :woop:

:shock:  They need to find a way to stop the aging process SOON!