Author Topic: Gameday Thread: Nationals vs Phillies, Game 1 (L)  (Read 21006 times)

Offline sportsfan882

Quote from: "nats2playoffs"
Quote from: "2k6nats"
Quote from: "PC"
Darn it, poor kid.  Hope he's alright.

What kid?

Victorino hit a liner into the seats down the RF line, and the ball hit a kid.  He had to be taken away, he was hurt.  :cry:

Are you watching the game on TV up there?  Go Lake MONSTERS!

We don't have many MLB pitchers.  So bring up Colton Willems now.  "Willems, 17, is considered one of the best high school pitchers in the draft. In fact, he was the Most Valuable Pitcher in the Cape Cod Classic. His velocity has been clocked as high as 97 mph. This past season, Willems was 7-1 with a 0.68 ERA and striking out 99 batters in 51 1/3 innings for John Carroll Catholic High School."
(Image removed from quote.)

He is out for the season with arm fatigue

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
Quote from: "PC"
Darn it, poor kid.  Hope he's alright.

What kid?

Victorino hit a liner into the seats down the RF line, and the ball hit a kid.  He had to be taken away, he was hurt.  :cry:

Are you watching the game on TV up there?  Go Lake MONSTERS!

We don't have many MLB pitchers.  So bring up Colton Willems now.  "Willems, 17, is considered one of the best high school pitchers in the draft. In fact, he was the Most Valuable Pitcher in the Cape Cod Classic. His velocity has been clocked as high as 97 mph. This past season, Willems was 7-1 with a 0.68 ERA and striking out 99 batters in 51 1/3 innings for John Carroll Catholic High School."

MLB.TV

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim

I do agree, however, the pressure of the majors is a million times greater than high school.  Going through the majors not only shows pitchers how to pitch to Major League hitters, not high school hitters, and also teaches them how to handle the big stage.

Offline nats2playoffs

Quote from: "sportsfan882"

He is out for the season with arm fatigue

Figures.  If they find anyone like him, just bring him up.  That kid supposedly had a decent curve ball too, I recall.  We can't do much worse than these career minor leaguers we're using.  Some are over 30 and NEVER going to make it.  A kid like Willems would electrify the crowds and put folks in the seats, just like Zimmerman does.  Ted Lerner remembers when it wasn't such a novelty to see them that young.  

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
Good hit Vidro, but I still hate you (see article under General Discussion)

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
uh-oh...here comes the Offensive Juggernaught!  Look out Phillies!   :wink:

Philadelphia 10
Washington 4

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
Double play............w/e..........

Offline sportsfan882

Nice hit Brian.. right

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
Nice hit Brian.. right

The guy honestly hasnt been hitting that bad lately.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
Actually, I agree with everything he said.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
Quote from: "Senators2005"

I agree completely as well, but players dont say that about players.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
I agree completely as well, but players dont say that about players.
Well considering this is the END of the season, I don't think the keeping quiet during the beginning of the season was working anyways.   :?

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
GREAT PLAY VIDRO!

not

Offline sportsfan882

Yeah, Vidro, you are an all around amazing player!

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
Hey you guys ARE aware that Vidro has the highest batting AVG on the team including Soriano...right?

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
Hey you guys ARE aware that Vidro has the highest AVG on the team right?

He hits with no one on base, and his baserunning skills are dismal.  With the exception of the homer and another teammate ACTUALLY getting a clutch hit, he is worthless to the team.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!

He hits with no one on base, and his baserunning skills are dismal.  With the exception of the homer and another teammate ACTUALLY getting a clutch hit, he is worthless to the team.
woah WOAH woah there!  Worthless?  Sorry do NOT agree.  Highest batting average and ex-all star is not worthless.  Now I agree with you that he is not anything what he used to be...but he's anything but worthless!   Sheesh!

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
When Vidro gets a couple clutch hits to drive in a run in a close game, then we'll start talking about Vidro being worth keeping.  And oh, did I mention his defense?

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
When Vidro gets a couple clutch hits to drive in a run in a close game, then we'll start talking about Vidro being worth keeping.  And oh, did I mention his defense?
We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one 2k6nats.   :)

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim

woah WOAH woah there!  Worthless?  Sorry do NOT agree.

I really dont care about the average or any other stat.  Right now we are in last place at 55-75.  For the exception of Soriano and Zimmerman, and maybe a couple others, who are going out of their way and having great years, I really dont care who has a higher average or runs scored than who.

Yep, agree to disagree.

Offline sportsfan882

He is worthless.  He is below average at defense.  He is batting .310 with the bases EMPTY, and batting .266 with RISP.  He has lost all power he ever had and now hits mostly for singles. Only 33 RBIs, only 6 HRs, .398 SLG.  Need I say more?

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
He is worthless.  He is below average at defense.  He is batting .310 with the bases EMPTY, and batting .266 with RISP.  He has lost all power he ever had and now hits mostly for singles. Only 33 RBIs, only 6 HRs, .398 SLG.  Need I say more?
Ok I'm outnumbered.  He's worthless.   :lol:

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim

Honesty, most everyone on this team for the exception of a few, are expendable.  Again, stats dont mean much to me when the stat I pay attention to most (Wins, 55-75) is so dismal, I just want to see that stat go up before we care about individuals.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
Ok I'm outnumbered.  He's worthless.   :lol:

:lol:

I know what you're saying, and I agree, but I really think Vidro doesnt go along with the youth movement we're going for.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!

Honesty, most everyone on this team for the exception of a few, are expendable.  Again, stats dont mean much to me when the stat I pay attention to most (Wins, 55-75) is so dismal, I just want to see that stat go up before we care about individuals.
The only one that we really need is going to be gone next year.  As I said before...next year's team will be TOTALLY new.  Most of these guys (including "worthless" vidro) will be gone.