Author Topic: Nationals vs Braves, Game 2  (Read 12273 times)

Offline sportsfan882

Re: Nationals vs. Braves, Game 2
« Reply #175: April 17, 2007, 10:19:50 PM »
3 fly balls right to the outfielders.. Yeah, I'm sure the Nats' players are sure happy that they lost by 2 runs.  Dmitri looks absolutely livid and he ought to be.  Good teams find ways to win games.  This team was given golden opportunity after golden opportunity and still lost the game.   Oh well, Can't be too mad since they split the series.  We have to win 3 of the next 5 against Philly and Florida. 

edit:
And whadda ya know, Bob and Don completely agree with me in the post game.  "Smoltz was knocked out of the game after giving up 4 runs and the Braves normally good defense committed 3 costly errors.  You would think that Nats would have won but they did not."
Its always tough to take a loss but once again, they battled against a pretty good NL East rival and didn't back down.  A few pitches gone a little more our way then this one might of swung in our favor.
The thing is, everything went our way all game and we still lost.  Whatever, Like I said, I'm not too pissed that we lost this game although the opportunities were there.  Let's beat the Phils tomorrow!

« Reply #176: April 17, 2007, 10:20:06 PM »
Its always tough to take a loss but once again, they battled against a pretty good NL East rival and didn't back down.  A few pitches gone a little more our way then this one might of swung in our favor.

Good work though and they continue to show promise.  We'll get them again and until then we are going to have to go to work on the Phils who aren't having all that great of a season either to start with.

« Reply #177: April 17, 2007, 10:21:29 PM »
3 fly balls right to the outfielders.. Yeah, I'm sure the Nats' players are sure happy that they lost by 2 runs.  Dmitri looks absolutely livid and he ought to be.  Good teams find ways to win games.  This team was given golden opportunity after golden opportunity and still lost the game.  Oh well, Can't be too mad since they split the series.  We have to win 3 of the next 5 against Philly and Florida. 

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #178: April 17, 2007, 10:24:04 PM »
I hate Chipper Jones.

Um, he just got me 9 fantasy points against Sens tonight.  Smoltz got the win for 18.5 total fantasy points.  They were the best players at the time I drafted them.  Takes the sting out of losing a winnable game.  That first inning again...

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
Re: Nationals vs. Braves, Game 2 (L)
« Reply #179: April 17, 2007, 10:53:46 PM »
Just got back from the game. Another rough start put the team in a hole early. And Smoltz was in top form. It could have been a lot worse, but the team battled to stay in, but really lacked the crispness they had previously. It was actually pretty amazing that they were even in the game. This was a game that they really could have stolen. Several guys including Young and Fick had good, but unfortunately it didn't yield anything. I didn't expect much from Fick with limited at bats. Young hit a perfect shot, but Langerhans was just too well positioned. Kearns hit another shot but again, the defense was in place to make a break on the ball. You can't ask for more from the hitters, because there is nothing more they can really do there. Unfortunately, they just couldn't take advantage of some other opportunities to plate batters or move guys over. The little things added up including yielding too many runs unnecessarily. They were lucky to make it as close as they did, but they didn't play well enough to take advantage.

It will be nice to see these guys play in some decent weather. This is getting ridiculous.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #180: April 17, 2007, 11:00:22 PM »
Just an overall bad team effort tonight.  The starter sucked, Wagner sucked, Rauch sucked, and most importantly, the offense was absolutely horrific.  Hopefully we'll be able to get the bats cracking against the struggling Phillies..