Author Topic: Nationals @ Cubs, Game 2  (Read 31937 times)

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Re: Nationals @ Cubs, Game 2
« Reply #575: August 26, 2009, 11:34:57 PM »
what flaws?! how can you determine if a guy can pitch in the bigs if he has never done it before? I see zero comparisons between freaking bum Logan Kensing and Josh Wilkie.

I didn't expect you to get it.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #576: August 27, 2009, 09:02:05 AM »
I've always wondered who got him banned. most of us didn't have a problem with him.

He got himself banned with his constant inflammatory racially-charged statements.  I don't care if nobody here thinks it's a "problem,"  I'm not having that on my board.  Why do you always think somebody besides me is responsible?

Numero Uno, right here pal.

I think I have a pretty good idea.

Wrong.  Unless your idea was me.

Offline The Chief

« Reply #577: August 27, 2009, 09:52:05 AM »
Sosa is far worse than Hanrahan and Colome.

Um, no.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #578: August 27, 2009, 09:54:09 AM »
How many games as Sosa lost us single handedly?

Offline The Chief

« Reply #579: August 27, 2009, 10:04:25 AM »
How many games as Sosa lost us single handedly?

I'm not denying Sosa's bad, but SF has short-term memory loss if he thinks Hanrahan was better.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #580: August 27, 2009, 10:06:28 AM »
He was mocking you and your use of minor league numbers to only prop up your favorites while at the same time ignoring their glaring flaws.

:clap:  Linty gets it.

He got himself banned with his constant inflammatory racially-charged statements.  I don't care if nobody here thinks it's a "problem,"  I'm not having that on my board.  Why do you always think somebody besides me is responsible?

Numero Uno, right here pal.

Now I understand why eagleskins' anti-hispanic rants were offensive to Chief.   ;)

Wrong.  Unless your idea was me.

:icon_mrgreen:

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #581: August 27, 2009, 10:09:06 AM »
i wish our team was decent

Offline The Chief

« Reply #582: August 27, 2009, 10:13:37 AM »
Now I understand why eagleskins' anti-hispanic rants were offensive to Chief.   ;)

:rofl:

Except you've met me, you know I'm whiter than paper :lol:

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #583: August 27, 2009, 10:16:37 AM »
I'm not denying Sosa's bad, but SF has short-term memory loss if he thinks Hanrahan was better.
Hanrahan was better.

Sosa is the worst of the worst. It's unreal how bad and how unintelligent he is.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #584: August 27, 2009, 10:18:27 AM »
Hanrahan was better.

Sosa is the worst of the worst. It's unreal how bad and how unintelligent he is.

lol @ you trying to even compare those guys ... that's like saying which is the worst CAA basketball team.

do you remember how many games hanrahan single-handily cost us over the years?

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #585: August 27, 2009, 10:21:11 AM »
I am not doubting that Hanrahan cost us more since he was here a lot longer. I am just saying that in terms of who is a better pitcher Sosa is far worse.

I cannot believe how bad he is.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #586: August 27, 2009, 10:23:54 AM »

I was trying to ask a sarcastic question and now I realize it didn't come off as that. Hanrahan is far worse but Sosa is equally as helpless here than anyone.

Hanrahan was better.

Are you going on this based from last night? Than if so, Yes, Sosa did far worse than Hanrahan did for us last night...

On the season? Hanrahan takes the prize. He lost us 3 GAMES IN A ROW. Thats just one thing hes done for us out of the other mistakes and bullcrap innings hes done here in a nats uni.

Sosas been here short term. I hope we get rid of him so he doesn't compare to Hanrahans damage.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #587: August 27, 2009, 10:25:11 AM »
During their time on the Washington roster this season, they're pretty much statistically identical.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #588: August 27, 2009, 10:28:21 AM »
During their time on the Washington roster this season, they're pretty much statistically identical.

Like some arguments we have, this goes beyond statistics.

For Example of last nights performance and A certain Hanrahan weekend:

Sosa came in for an inning and gave up 6 runs... Over the season here that adds up his era for ONE GAME, thats one game worth of damage.

Hanrahan came in for 3 games and blew each one on his own giving the Nats 3 losses.

3 losses to 1 unreachable win.

I'm just giving a crappy example but I agree with you, they're both destructive to this team and we should get rid of Sosa like we did Hanrahan. (well not trade but just DFA his ass)

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #589: August 27, 2009, 10:37:55 AM »

Sosa came in for an inning and gave up 6 runs... Over the season here that adds up his era for ONE GAME, thats one game worth of damage.

Hanrahan came in for 3 games and blew each one on his own giving the Nats 3 losses.

I'm just giving a crappy example but I agree with you, they're both destructive to this team and we should get rid of Sosa like we did Hanrahan. (well not trade but just DFA his ass)

There is a statistic for that though-  it's called blown saves :lmao:

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #590: August 27, 2009, 10:41:56 AM »

Yeah, I was just trying to say they both suck...which I don't think anybody was actually trying to argue.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #591: August 27, 2009, 10:48:09 AM »
There is a statistic for that though-  it's called blown saves :lmao:

I wasn't saying it was a blown save. Sosas last night wasn't, he just made the game out of reach. Joel had 2 blown saves and then made the third game out of reach. Thats far worse damage than Sosas done.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #592: August 27, 2009, 11:25:11 AM »
I wasn't saying it was a blown save. Sosas last night wasn't, he just made the game out of reach. Joel had 2 blown saves and then made the third game out of reach. Thats far worse damage than Sosas done.

A blown save is different than a missed save opportunity. You can get a blown save if you come in with a small lead and cough it up. Klej has 1 missed save opportunity, but more missed saves.

Joel racked up the blown saves like no one's business. You can count how many games he tried to blow that way.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #593: August 27, 2009, 02:23:16 PM »
lol @ you trying to even compare those guys ... that's like saying which is the worst CAA basketball team.

do you remember how many games hanrahan single-handily cost us over the years?

SF lives in the moment so everything/everyone RIGHT NOW is either the best or the worst EVER (with exceptions for his boys). I don't know about some of you but sometimes I worry about that kid. He can go from apex to nadir quicker than anybody I've ever known based on the slightest or most insignificant things possible.