Author Topic: Nationals vs Phillies, Game 3  (Read 47072 times)

Offline JMUalumni

Re: Nationals vs Phillies, Game 3
« Reply #300: September 03, 2008, 10:59:56 PM »
Wilmington-Potomac (Bottom of the 15th):  With Whiting waiting at third, the pitcher throws a WILD PITCH!  ITS A WILD PITCH!  Whiting goes into dead sprint mode, he slides feet first!  HES SAFE! PNATS WIN!

Dan Leatherman gets my vote for player of the game, for his 4 innings of solid relief (and the winner of the game).  Boomer Whiting gets a nod as well for the effort he put into a.) get a hit in the 15 b.) steal second and c.) take home on a wild pitch.  Luis Atilano also gets some recognition for his very very solid start.

P-Nats take game one, tomorrow Erik Arnesen takes the mound for game #2.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #301: September 03, 2008, 11:00:41 PM »
Haha, Debbi Taylor with the *wink wink nudge nudge* to Milledge about his slide.  "Did you know it was Utley?"

Wish Milledge said, "Yea but I imagined you in his place"

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #302: September 03, 2008, 11:01:18 PM »
Wilmington-Potomac (Bottom of the 15th):  With Whiting waiting at third, the pitcher throws a WILD PITCH!  ITS A WILD PITCH!  Whiting goes into dead sprint mode, he slides feet first!  HES SAFE! PNATS WIN!

nice...were you listening to it?

Offline JMUalumni

« Reply #303: September 03, 2008, 11:02:53 PM »
nice...were you listening to it?

yeah, I am so pissed I wasn't there.  It sounded like a great game to goto.  I am going to try to make it to one if they can make it to the championship.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #304: September 03, 2008, 11:05:32 PM »

Dan Leatherman gets my vote for player of the game, for his 4 innings of solid relief (and the winner of the game).  Boomer Whiting gets a nod as well for the effort he put into a.) get a hit in the 15 b.) steal second and c.) take home on a wild pitch.  Luis Atilano also gets some recognition for his very very solid start.

P-Nats take game one, tomorrow Erik Arnesen takes the mound for game #2.

this will definitely put leatherman on the radar and maybe a long look in spring training.  as for whiting, i saw him play for louisville in the college world series a few years back.  hard nosed player with great range, good contact and very good speed.  would like to see him continue to progress - he had a good year. 

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #305: September 03, 2008, 11:06:17 PM »
yeah, I am so pissed I wasn't there.  It sounded like a great game to goto.  I am going to try to make it to one if they can make it to the championship.

Yeah, I might have to go to one, too.

Offline JMUalumni

« Reply #306: September 03, 2008, 11:07:07 PM »
Oh crap, Martis is starting tomorrow!  I don't know if someone mentioned it, but Balester has a mild left glut strain and will miss his next start.  Bergmann's start is moved to Friday.

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #307: September 03, 2008, 11:13:35 PM »
Oh ****, Martis is starting tomorrow!

ya, I'm looking forward to Martis debut. it would've been cool if he dueled off against Jurrjens, a fellow Curacao native. hopefully Martis can mature in a pitching phenom like Jurrjens.

Offline fersaltiel

« Reply #308: September 03, 2008, 11:17:32 PM »
Yes! Martis is pitching, this is great news, I wanna see how well he does.

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #309: September 03, 2008, 11:24:09 PM »
the 4 game Braves series is a HUGE and very significant series in our quest to get out of the cellar. we're currently 6 gb of the Braves (who appear to have conceded the season), so we gotta capitalize and take 3/4 or sweep 'em.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #310: September 04, 2008, 12:48:55 AM »
Just watched the replay after coming home from the P-Nats kick ass victory.

Great win. The young studs are $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #311: September 04, 2008, 01:04:45 AM »
Yes! Want to see Martis start!!

Offline NatsAddict

« Reply #312: September 04, 2008, 07:02:14 AM »
I am going to try to make it to one if they can make it to the championship. 

© Copyright 1993-2008 All the 75,000 Cuban-American Marlins Fans Who Live Less than 20 Minutes from the Stadium, Only Show for Playoffs,  Declare Baseball Exclusively Their National Heritage And That Other Americans Have No Right To Declare It Their National Pasttime, That They Are The Only "True" Fans, Swear They've Been Season Ticket Holders Since Day 1 and That They Have Never Missed A Game (and Who, When Putting Two Posts Together, It Turns Out Started Buying Season Tickets At the Age of Two), But, In Reality, Cannot Name A Single Player, Are Really Just Too Lazy To Get off Their Sofas, and Who Compete to See Who Can Stay Home The Hardest and Watch Dancing With The Stars - But, That Will Change If The New Stadium Is Built In Their Backyard  :rofl:.  All Rights Reserved.

Just making it legal.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #313: September 04, 2008, 08:09:31 AM »
Not trying to be a jerk here...just letting folks know this was actually discussed...

Re: Trade Deadline Discussion

Quote from: Natskins on July 31, 2008, 04:24:26 PM
If we traded Zimmerman for Adam Dunn I'd pour myself a big bowl of rat poison, splash on some milk and eat the whole thing.

Quote from: spidernat on
July 31, 2008, 04:29:38 PM
So you couldn't live without his production?

I notice that folks are quickly backing off the suggestion that we should have traded Zim for Adam Dunn. :)

Oh, there were quite a few people saying they would make that deal in a heartbeat. I was criticized for saying the idea was stupid.

Even more sad is those of us who were blasting the idea were outnumbered.

OK one person said it. Zimmerman has huge support here so this idea that those supporting Zimmerman were outnumbered is stupid. But you suggested that other people were cosigning the idea. Where are the rest of the people that outnumbered you in Zimmerman's defense?

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #314: September 04, 2008, 08:13:51 AM »

OK one person said it. If I recall correctly it was suggested that other people were cosigning the idea. Since you found the thread why don't you show how many other people were supporting the trade.

I would never have supported such a trade, it's a ridiculous idea.  I like Dunn's bat just fine, but Zimmerman is our franchise player, weak 2008 notwithstanding.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #315: September 04, 2008, 08:16:40 AM »
I would never have supported such a trade, it's a ridiculous idea.  I like Dunn's bat just fine, but Zimmerman is our franchise player, weak 2008 notwithstanding.

While I admit that I didn't remember someone actually suggesting the trade I am positive, as I'm sure you will agree to, that there was no way people supporting Zimmerman were not outnumbered in such discussion. Wouldn't you agree tomterp?