Author Topic: Hey Everyone.  (Read 4783 times)

Offline soxfan59

• Gough, Gough White Sox!!!
    • John R. Russell, Ltd.
Hey Everyone.
« Topic Start: July 12, 2006, 03:25:01 PM »
Hey guys!  I'm brand new here on the forum.  

I know you Nats fans are going to think I'm nuts for hanging out here.  I am a lifelong resident of South Holland, IL, a southern suburb of Chicago, and have been a passionately devoted fan of the White Sox all my life.  (Hence my screen name and avatar).  

But I have a special place in my heart for the Washington Nationals.  As a true, die hard Sox fan, I pull for all the teams in the National leagues when they play the Cubs.  As a devotee of baseball history, I have always had a soft spot for the teams that were always "losers" and then ceased to exist (e.g. the St. Louis Browns and both versions of the Washington Senators) and in particular, the wayward and woeful Montreal Expos.  

Last year, the first year the Nats were in business, they had a hot start at the same time as the White Sox.  My Dad asked for my predictions for the World Series, and I said that my dream match up would be the White Sox vs. the Nationals.  He laughed at both predictions.  I'm still holding out that some day in the not so distant future, my Sox will be pounding on the Washington Nationals in the post season.  

So, here I am.  I'm an American Leaguer at heart, but I wish lots of success to the Washington franchise.  Baseball belongs in our nation's capital.  Having an NL team there helps set up a two league rivalry with the Orioles that could resemble what we have in Chi-town with the Sox vs Cubs.  Its just good for baseball.

Anything I need to know about your community, being an "outsider?"  

And, by the way -- "Gough Gough Nats!"