Author Topic: Must See TV Thread (2012-2014)  (Read 104205 times)

Offline blue911

Re: Must See TV Thread
« Reply #925: January 17, 2013, 06:01:41 PM »
Watched The Neighbors the other day. Now I understand what living next to Vega is like

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #926: January 22, 2013, 12:03:05 AM »

Nick Offerman of NBC's Parks & Recreation brings his American Ham Tour to The Warner Theatre for two shows on Friday February 15, 2013. 8:00 pm and 10:30 pm.
http://warnertheatredc.com/event-calendar

US $29.50 Ticket + US $12.00 Fees = US $41.50

The Warner Theatre
513 13th Street NW
Washington, DC 20004
Tel: 202.783.4000

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #927: January 22, 2013, 12:36:48 AM »
Mad Men: Season 3.  Now I see what all the fuss was about...

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #928: January 22, 2013, 09:03:23 AM »
Really enjoyed The Following last night.

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
« Reply #929: January 22, 2013, 01:13:05 PM »
Really enjoyed The Following last night.
I liked it too, it looks like it will be a 13 hour episode of Criminal Minds.

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #930: January 22, 2013, 02:43:45 PM »
I liked it too, it looks like it will be a 13 hour episode of Criminal Minds.

Have it DVRed. Wife and I just started watching Chicago Fire. Not going to lie, really enjoying it.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #931: January 24, 2013, 10:53:28 PM »
Hope someone else is still watching The Office... because I really want to discuss tonight's ending.

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #932: January 24, 2013, 11:00:28 PM »
Hope someone else is still watching The Office... because I really want to discuss tonight's ending.

I have it on dvr,  probably watch it tomorrow

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #933: January 24, 2013, 11:02:26 PM »
I have it on dvr,  probably watch it tomorrow

Felt like the ending was the first big thing to happen to the show since Michael left.

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
« Reply #934: January 24, 2013, 11:04:44 PM »
Go.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #935: January 24, 2013, 11:08:56 PM »
Felt like the ending was the first big thing to happen to the show since Michael left.
The documentary crew could be heard saying on an earlier episode that "the only reason they're still filming is to see what happens between Jim and Pam."

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #936: January 24, 2013, 11:12:14 PM »
Go.

I'm not saying Pam is cheating... but the mic guy was right by her side when she started crying. I feel like something has been going on between them with Jim gone. And Pam saying it was getting tougher? What was getting tougher? Her marriage is being held together by a TV show? Or to keep a secret that they're really not a couple?

Offline Coladar

« Reply #937: January 25, 2013, 07:49:25 AM »
I was thinking last week - with DVRs, the absurdity of repeats is retarded. I couldn't imagine having to be at your tv at a set time weekly, or miss your show. Then the only way to catch up is praying for a rerun.

I couldn't imagine being forced to be at my tv anytime - watch what I want when I want it.

That all leads to my ultimate thought: why the freak are execs trapped decades in the past? Damn,what conceivable purpose do reruns serve? Who the hell watches them? I either love a show and watch it first time around, or I never watch it.

Friday and Saturdays? Walker Texas Ranger and the District... Hack and The Agency. That is basically the last experiment of Sat programming... Ten years back. Looking at the guide tonight, Fringe lost, there are all of four hours of original programming that airs on Friday: ABC 8pm comedy trash CSI NY,Blue Bloods and Nikita. Tonight, only Nikita is new. Four hours out of 13 are filled with scripted shows whose first run is Friday. One new hour tonight on a Friday in January when everyone stays home due to cold.

Then the time thing: Why on earth does every network and cable channel air new stuff from 8-10pm. Dozens of channels airing three hours out of 24. Shows one might watch if not for preferring others airing at the same time go ignored. The networks lose the most there and still they don't care.

24 hours to fill programming, with a vast majority having to own at least one DVR at this point. A show airs at 4am, I'll record. I miss it, I'll buy it on my PS3. Continuing outdated and archaic practices which actually harm the networks is nuts. But not airing on Fri and Sat in 2013 is suicidal. Why haven't just one of them woken up?

Days long before DVRs, TGIF all the Friday night rage. And didn't some of the most crazily popular 80s shows air on Saturday? Is any exec going to have the ounce of intelligence needed say, "Hey, no competition. Many of the biggest hits aired Saturday before any recording hit mainstream via VHS or DVR. Oh, and DVRs" trying new programming on weekends that become massive hits is a foregone conclusion. Sll needed is an exec with a brain cell left.

Back then even this absurd concept where 'A majority go out every Friday and Saturday is laughable. With DVRs, the entire country might be roaming around ever single Friday and Saturday and it still wouldn't matter.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #938: January 25, 2013, 08:57:30 AM »
Not everyone has a DVR and it's basically impossible to find a repeat of any show I watch now that my Tivo is down.

I don't know why they air shows at 10pm on a weeknight. Way too late.

It also sucks to be on the east coast when it comes to big sporting events.

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
« Reply #939: January 25, 2013, 09:30:05 AM »
I'm not saying Pam is cheating... but the mic guy was right by her side when she started crying. I feel like something has been going on between them with Jim gone. And Pam saying it was getting tougher? What was getting tougher? Her marriage is being held together by a TV show? Or to keep a secret that they're really not a couple?

First of all, keeping in mind that it is a tv show about a documentary being filmed at a paper company.

I don't think Pam is cheating on Jim. I just think it's the normal strain of marriage that she's doing all the work and Jim is far away following his dream. It was further strained by her screwing up the video, which frustrated her and then Jim's frustration with his job (spending all afternoon to woo a client, skipping the recital, then not even getting the financing). Pam is now realizing that if they follow Jim's dream, she'll have to leave family and friends in Scranton.

As for the sound guy stepping in, I think it is them getting ready to wrap up the show by reminding viewers about the show within a show and showing that the crew of the fake show forged relationships/feelings for the people at Dunder Mifflin.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #940: January 25, 2013, 01:45:12 PM »
TOP GEAR RETURNS THIS SUNDAY (but only on BBC2). I expect torrents will be available on FinalGear.com as usual.

Offline imref

« Reply #941: January 25, 2013, 01:45:51 PM »
First of all, keeping in mind that it is a tv show about a documentary being filmed at a paper company.

I don't think Pam is cheating on Jim. I just think it's the normal strain of marriage that she's doing all the work and Jim is far away following his dream. It was further strained by her screwing up the video, which frustrated her and then Jim's frustration with his job (spending all afternoon to woo a client, skipping the recital, then not even getting the financing). Pam is now realizing that if they follow Jim's dream, she'll have to leave family and friends in Scranton.

As for the sound guy stepping in, I think it is them getting ready to wrap up the show by reminding viewers about the show within a show and showing that the crew of the fake show forged relationships/feelings for the people at Dunder Mifflin.

Having Pam get together with Dwight is the only possible ending for this show.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #942: January 25, 2013, 03:06:48 PM »
Having Pam get together with Dwight is the only possible ending for this show.
.........I would actually tune in for that.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #943: January 25, 2013, 06:11:10 PM »
This show is still on?

Offline imref

« Reply #944: January 25, 2013, 09:28:24 PM »
watched thursday's episode tonight, the opening treasure hunt and "fire in the hole" were absolutely awesome, as was Toby.  A dead cat bounce?

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #945: January 25, 2013, 11:29:04 PM »
Finally saw the office,  my prediction - jims company fails and the series ends with everyone in the same position as when the show started.  My other theory is Pam moves to philly,  Dwight leaves and the show ends with Jim 2.0 pining over the receptionist.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #946: January 26, 2013, 12:46:38 AM »
TOP GEAR RETURNS THIS SUNDAY (but only on BBC2). I expect torrents will be available on FinalGear.com as usual.

Can't wait!

Jezza tweeted the other day that they are about to start filming for the next series as well.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #947: January 26, 2013, 08:16:22 PM »
US FIGURE SKATING CHAMPIONSHIPS ON NBC.

Offline Coladar

« Reply #948: January 26, 2013, 09:11:49 PM »
US FIGURE SKATING CHAMPIONSHIPS ON NBC.

And UFC on Fox, and god knows what on ABC and CBS. crap, desperate for something to watch, WUSA had an HOUR of infomercials at 7PM tonight!!!

Going back to my last post... seriously, are there that little people who watch tv on Saturday nights? Anyone worth a damn works all week, yet they can put programming for bored housewives all day. Saturday at 7pm, and a major market CBS affiliate has nothing better than infomercials? Good lord. One of two days people don't work, and primetime infomercials. ...

Offline imref

« Reply #949: January 26, 2013, 09:46:13 PM »
Finally saw the office,  my prediction - jims company fails and the series ends with everyone in the same position as when the show started.  My other theory is Pam moves to philly,  Dwight leaves and the show ends with Jim 2.0 pining over the receptionist.

Dwight is getting a spin-off I think, running his beat farm.  So I'm guessing the end is that they shut the branch for good.   It would be nice to see Michael return and wrap the show up with one last round of Dundies!