Author Topic: KLaw: Nats farm system ranked 19th (Baseball America: 14th)  (Read 5723 times)

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
Where does Corey Brown rank on these lists?  He's a lot like Maxwell or Burgess - lots of tools (maybe a nod to Rizzo's former boss), lots of strikeouts.  I think BA had Burgess around 15 or 17.  Would Brown be higher up because of his success at AA?  Or lower because he's a couple of years older?

The Baseball America Prospect Handbook has him as the number 11 Athletics prospect. Some highlights from his entry:

• "has always tantalized the A's with his physical tools, and he began to show a more mature approach last season. He shortened his stroke last year, began using the opposite field more consistently and developed a better two strike plan."
  • Ks remain an issue, tends to pull off the ball against lefties"
  • Intelligent base runner
  • Speed gives him a chance to stay in CF but his arm could play in RF

For comparison Burgess was 19 on our list. Oakland's system was rated much lower than ours, though.

The Prospect Handbook is pretty awesome by the way. I'm not sure how much of what's in here you can find on the BA site but if anyone has any questions, just holler.