Author Topic: Nationals vs Marlins, Game 2  (Read 18214 times)

Offline LetsGoNats

• We're Nat Gonna Take It!
Re: Nationals vs Marlins, Game 2
« Reply #375: May 10, 2008, 10:10:28 PM »
Seriously, you guys really think that game was less embarrassing than either of the losses to the Astros? No ******* way!
It was more embarassing, but less painful.  Never had time to get our hopes up.

Offline kimnat

« Reply #376: May 10, 2008, 10:11:23 PM »
Well this one's is over fast..

7:13 p.m. 8th reply to this thread.

Offline LetsGoNats

« Reply #377: May 10, 2008, 10:11:43 PM »
7:13 p.m. 8th reply to this thread.
Awesome

Offline ernie0326

« Reply #378: May 10, 2008, 10:11:44 PM »
so, who said they would rather lose games like this instead of the 4-3 games?  I saw somebody in here say that one time.  I wonder who it could be? Hmmmmmm......

Offline LetsGoNats

« Reply #379: May 10, 2008, 10:12:01 PM »
so, who said they would rather lose games like this instead of the 4-3 games?  I saw somebody in here say that one time.  I wonder who it could be? Hmmmmmm......
I hope it wasn't me.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #380: May 10, 2008, 10:12:10 PM »

Definitely less painful heart attack-wise. But still painful.

Offline kimnat

« Reply #381: May 10, 2008, 10:12:33 PM »
I hope it wasn't me.

I KNOW it wasn't ME!

bangzoom05

« Reply #382: May 10, 2008, 10:13:38 PM »
I don't know if it was more or less embarrassing but it was more painful. It might have to do with feeling cruddy to begin with, but tonight wasn't fun at any point.

MrMadison

« Reply #383: May 10, 2008, 10:14:07 PM »

sportsfan did.

I remember that clearly, because I blasted him for it.

Offline kimnat

« Reply #384: May 10, 2008, 10:14:46 PM »

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #385: May 10, 2008, 10:15:23 PM »
sportsfan did.

It was definitely him to start w/, but others agreed as well.

Offline LetsGoNats

« Reply #386: May 10, 2008, 10:16:15 PM »
At least, with a game like this, you can't really play "what if", other than "what if I had done something else besides watch this game?"

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #387: May 10, 2008, 10:16:52 PM »
I only watched the first 2 innings.

Offline kimnat

« Reply #388: May 10, 2008, 10:17:49 PM »
g'nite.  I"m gonna go pass out!

MrMadison

« Reply #389: May 10, 2008, 10:19:09 PM »
I'm going to go play Guild Wars.  I'll read Sportsfan's heart attack in the morning.

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #390: May 10, 2008, 10:23:45 PM »
 :spaz:

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #391: May 10, 2008, 10:31:34 PM »

sportsfan did.

I remember that clearly, because I blasted him for it.

He was at the game tonight so he got his wish :?

Offline NatsAddict

« Reply #392: May 10, 2008, 10:35:57 PM »
That's a technicality to those baseball groupies.

There were a few questionable mistakes in the original source article that are cause for a little concern so far a reliability.  Namely:

- The second Loria fire sale occurred after the 2005 season, not 2004
- Lo Duca was traded to the Mets, rather than the Dodgers, less than a year after signing a multi-year deal.  He was, though, acquired from the Dodgers.
- Pierre was sentenced to the Cubs rather than traded to the Dodgers
- Marlins obtained both Nolasco and Pinto from the Cubs in the Pierre trade, not from the Dodgers in the Penny trade.  The pitcher obtained in that fleecing was Mota.
- Preston Wilson  did not depart in the 1997 fire sale as stated in the article, and in fact, was at that time a Met.  He played for the Marlins from 1999 to 2002.  He did, though, depart in  first of Loria's three fire sales (2002, 2005, 2007) since taking ownership of the Marlins.

But, that's typical South Florida reporting.  The writers down here follow the Yankees and Red Sox.  Most baseball writers down here couldn't even tell you the division in which the Marlins play, and the rest think the Marlins call San Antonio home.

Offline Air Zimmerman

« Reply #393: May 10, 2008, 10:43:52 PM »
at least tomorrow is mom's day...r.z. OWNS on holidays!

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #394: May 10, 2008, 11:17:59 PM »
Just got back from Nationals Park. It was a nice day although it did cool down quite a bit.

Have all the Saturday games pulling our #5 starter so far? It seems every one I attend the pitching is aweful A quick look at over the schedule seems to indicate we're 1-5 on Saturdays.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #395: May 10, 2008, 11:19:21 PM »
Have you guys ever seen a game that was LITERALLY over after the first pitch?

If there were any positives in this game I didn't see any although I left in the 7th inning stretch. 

Ross' lead-off jack landed one section over from me.  I ran over to see if it would bounce but it didn't. 

I couldn't believe they ejected those guys out that threw the HR ball back.  I couldn't believe how far he threw it.  It rolled past Guzman and through the infield dirt.  That was probably the highlight of the night.

I figured O'Connor would be bad (not that bad) but I figured we'd score 5-6 off of Miller and their pen.  These guys are mailing it in and you know it.  Manny is just an enabler at this point.

If we see O'Connor pitch in a Nationals' uniform again I will physically vomit.  The fact that he even made 1 start makes me want to light a flame to JB's house.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #396: May 11, 2008, 12:31:43 AM »
Ryan is putting all the blame on the starting pitching:  :|

On paper, the Nationals are supposed to have a better offense with the additions of Milledge and Elijah Dukes, but the team is hitting .238. So what's wrong? Ryan Zimmerman had a tough time finding the answers.

"I don't know," Zimmerman said. "We have to keep working hard. Hopefully, things will turn around. There's no real answer, I don't think."

But a few seconds later, Zimmerman added that pitching is the key to success.

"As the pitching goes, we go, I think," he said. "That's the way it is with everybody. Look at the team in the other clubhouse. They have been playing well all year because their guys have been throwing well.

"When we went through that good stretch, we had solid starting pitching. It seems unfair to throw it on the starting pitching, but if you look at any good team in Major League Baseball, they have good starting pitching. We're young. We are going to go up and down. The biggest thing is, we have to learn from our mistakes and don't do it again the next time."

Offline Air Zimmerman

« Reply #397: May 11, 2008, 12:45:21 AM »
i hope manny doesn't relegate dukes back to the 4th of Sunday. he needs to get that first hit monkey off his back and then the hits will start flooding in.

Offline saltydad

« Reply #398: May 11, 2008, 12:53:21 AM »
Tonight was  my first trip to Nationals Park, and I loved the Park. Unfortunately, I can't say the same for the Nats tonight. Tomterp and I sat there and traded commiserating comments. When Chico is your best pitcher of the night (excepting the Wookie) you know we're in trouble. When people start asking when Langerhans will be up with his bat, you REALLY know we're in deep doodoo. Colome should be the first of 3 or 4 to go. Mike pitched his way back to AAA. As Tomterp said to me, what's with these players who burn up the AAA club then fizzle when they get here. Something is seriously wrong with this team.

The good thing is that the BBQ platter from Blue is very good!

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #399: May 11, 2008, 02:26:36 AM »
I wasn't at the game.  I went to the USA WOMEN'S SOFTBALL game in Bowie (more later today).  When I heard the result on the radio, I was  :shock:   :-[   :(.

As usual, I came home, fell asleep watching TV.  I woke up a little while ago.  Now off to sleep!

I offer the following advice.  Make sure your boxes don't have anything in them before you punch them!  Hope its not too late!   ;)