Author Topic: MLB To Take Over Dodgers' Financial Operations  (Read 3034 times)

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
Pathetic - contract the Dodgers and Mets

Offline mimontero88

• The GOAT
This worked out well for us. =|  Sucks to be a Dodgers fan.

Offline Coladar

I don't know what MLB needs to do. You've got two highly successful franchises with massive histories that they simply can't contract... But are in such a financial mess, they've got to at least consider it. I don't know how you repair these two clubs at this point in time. But man, taking over the Dodgers financial operations? Who saw that one coming?

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
Sell them to Mark Cuban.

Imagine the gravitas.

Offline PANatsFan

I don't know what MLB needs to do. You've got two highly successful franchises with massive histories that they simply can't contract... But are in such a financial mess, they've got to at least consider it. I don't know how you repair these two clubs at this point in time. But man, taking over the Dodgers financial operations? Who saw that one coming?

The Mets aren't even 50 years old! Give 'em the boot!

Offline hammondsnats

i'd rather have MLB own us than the Lerners 8)  again 8)

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!

It's been rumored for a while that McCourt was bleeding the Dodgers for his own personal benefit.  Since he doesn't own 100% and the club has other stakeholders in the financial condition of the club, this is at best immoral and quite possibly illegal. 

Offline houston-nat

Hey, if the MLB is taking ownership, does that mean they're going to trade away all the talent? Let's sign up.

Offline mimontero88

• The GOAT
Hey, if the MLB is taking ownership, does that mean they're going to trade away all the talent? Let's sign up.
Dibs on Kershaw.

Offline houston-nat

And Kemp

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness

Offline hammondsnats

MLB PLEASE BUY US BACK :pray: 8)

Offline PANatsFan

:crazy: You liked the days of no callups?

Offline hammondsnats

:crazy: You liked the days of no callups?

hey we were .500 under MLB :lmao:

but no seriousness, that sucks for the dodgers.  hope for them and their fan sakes they can still remain competitive.

Offline CJames0569

We need to offer them some prospects, take all those big player contracts off their hands.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
hope for them and their fan sakes they can still remain competitive.

I don't. MLB would do this though. Take over our team and run it into the ground but put every effort into keeping the magical Dodgers a competitive franchise.

I'm going to preemptively say freak Selig.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net

I'm assuming you're joking...  even you can't be LAC enough to believe that we were better off under MLB ownership.

Online HalfSmokes

The Dodgers are a 'insert ass kissing term by selig' franchise, I'm sure they'll be allowed all the callups they want

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Does the divorce have anything to do with this?

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
Sell them to Mark Cuban.

Imagine the gravitas.

I'd love for him to own the Pirates.

Offline hammondsnats

I'm assuming you're joking...  even you can't be LAC enough to believe that we were better off under MLB ownership.

No I'm kidding, I promise.

Offline hammondsnats

Does the divorce have anything to do with this?

Yeah she's trying to suck every penny/nickel/dime out of him.

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun
I wonder if MLB will give the Dodgers the same treatment they gave the Expos and Nats.  I hope not for the sake of their fans.

On the other hand, if MLB screwed us over so badly, why shouldn't they screw them over?  Maybe that's a bit vindictive, but MLB set this franchise back ten years and aided in the rebuilding and restocking of pretty much all the other teams - why should it be any different for another team?