Author Topic: Nationals @ Phillies, Game 1  (Read 35659 times)

Offline JMUalumni

Re: Nationals @ Phillies, Game 1
« Reply #725: April 27, 2009, 10:43:34 PM »
Someone PLEASE give me the Gist of things on xtra and Mannys lame ass excuse?

I have to do a project

basically, you can't throw the same pitch over and over again and expect to not let up a home run.

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
« Reply #726: April 27, 2009, 10:43:37 PM »
manny will spin this, guarantee it:

"joel is our closer, he's going through a tough time"
"the only way to get out of it is to keep using him and hope he gets his confidence back"
"he just needs come confidence"

They needed to dump him as closer after his last 3 outings (including the bogus save he got throwing the wrong pitch).
This is all they need to finally say no to Joel. There is not excuse for not dumping him now.

The organization should be savaged by the fanbase if they don't dump him now. This is an embarrassing, disgraceful way to lose.

I've already written the Lerners about this pitching BS. If they don't dump Joel, it will tell me they are trying to lose a la the Washington Generals.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #727: April 27, 2009, 10:44:06 PM »
I'm at work, can anyone relay the commentary, Acta's excuses, etc?

Offline JMUalumni

« Reply #728: April 27, 2009, 10:44:44 PM »
They needed to dump him as closer after his last 3 outings (including the bogus save he got throwing the wrong pitch).
This is all they need to finally say no to Joel. There is not excuse for not dumping him now.

The organization should be savaged by the fanbase if they don't dump him now. This is an embarrassing, disgraceful way to lose.

I agree, if Hanrahan is still the closer tomorrow I am pulling out the pitchforks.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #729: April 27, 2009, 10:45:42 PM »
Yes, but by this point how large is the fan base?  Are there enough people that even care about this team to be loud enough to be heard?

Online sportsfan882

« Reply #730: April 27, 2009, 10:45:51 PM »
basically, you can't throw the same pitch over and over again and expect to not let up a home run.
see: my Randy St. Claire thread. I know the players are the ones pitching but i see a common denominator throughout the pitching staff.

St. Claire is way overrated

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #731: April 27, 2009, 10:47:37 PM »
Dibble isn't going to make it the whole season. He'll be gone very soon if this keeps up. I can tell that he's about had it.

I bet him and Dunn both are wishing that they had never came here.

Easily, everytime this happens I think that. I mean some people would say "Who cares what they think, what about the fans!?" Well we've already basically seen what the fans think, it just sucks to know that Dibble and Dunn have to BE on this team getting crap. As a fan, im embarassed to be a fan of this team after a loss like tonight. Our FO has no balls to fire Manny, and they couldn't give 10 craps about the fans. These people do get paid to play for/announce for this crappy team, all we get is a crappy 4-14 record and another BIG freak YOU

MrMadison

« Reply #732: April 27, 2009, 10:47:41 PM »
seriously...firing Manny might not do a shred of good.  but SOME sort of statement needs to be made here.

how do you score 11 runs, hit 5 HRs, have two different 4-run leads, and LOSE?

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #733: April 27, 2009, 10:48:30 PM »
i still can't believe this.
4-14. 

We are on a pace to
Win 36 and Lose 126 games.

This NOW requires a HUMAN SACRIFICE.
MANNY ACTA MUST BE BURNED AT THE STAKE!

HIRE ED TAPSCOTT!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Natskins

« Reply #734: April 27, 2009, 10:48:30 PM »
I miss the days of Frank coming out to yank a pitcher after throwing two straight balls.

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
« Reply #735: April 27, 2009, 10:49:10 PM »
Yes, but by this point how large is the fan base?  Are there enough people that even care about this team to be loud enough to be heard?

it's bigger than they seem to think. but they are doing as much as possible to make it as small as they can.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #736: April 27, 2009, 10:49:17 PM »
seriously...firing Manny might not do a shred of good.  but SOME sort of statement needs to be made here.

Firing Manny is just a cushion of what the fans feel right now. We'll get a brief hope that someone new can help this team out cause right now, Change is needed. freaking Bullpen help is desperately needed. How can we get those things?

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #737: April 27, 2009, 10:49:49 PM »
Ha! An 'Acta Alert'.

Wonder how this one will go.

Online sportsfan882

« Reply #738: April 27, 2009, 10:50:01 PM »
Easily, everytime this happens I think that. I mean some people would say "Who cares what they think, what about the fans!?" Well we've already basically seen what the fans think, it just sucks to know that Dibble and Dunn have to BE on this team getting crap. As a fan, im embarassed to be a fan of this team after a loss like tonight. Our FO has no balls to fire Manny, and they couldn't give 10 craps about the fans. These people do get paid to play for/announce for this crappy team, all we get is a crappy 4-14 record and another BIG freak YOU
I'm embarrassed for everyone. For Zim, Dunn, Dukes, all of the guys that are playing their asses off for us and are treated like this. it makes me sick.

I truly cannot believe RZ signed here for 5 years. It's amazing that we get any players to come play here.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #739: April 27, 2009, 10:51:14 PM »
I truly cannot believe RZ signed here for 5 years. It's amazing that we get any players to come play here.

His streak ends tomorrow.  You heard it here first.

Online sportsfan882

« Reply #740: April 27, 2009, 10:51:21 PM »

Acta has to go regardless of whether it will make a difference or not. Joel too. St. Claire too. freak, any one that doesn't get the job done should go. we need to set an example. you fail up here you can go fail in the minors. this is unacceptable from a major league team.

Offline Natskins

« Reply #741: April 27, 2009, 10:52:04 PM »

It is important that this is said. Tony LaRussa, Joe Torre and Terry Francona would all suck with this bullpen.

Not saying Manny should stay, but until the 'pen is fixed, we won't win.

Online sportsfan882

« Reply #742: April 27, 2009, 10:52:10 PM »
His streak ends tomorrow.  You heard it here first.
probably. I mean how can our players get up for these games everyday when you lose games like this? I don't see how they do it. it's just so disheartening.

Online Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #743: April 27, 2009, 10:53:37 PM »
waterboarding
We are on a pace to
Win 36 and Lose 126 games.

This NOW requires a HUMAN SACRIFICE.
MANNY ACTA MUST BE BURNED AT THE STAKE!

(Image removed from quote.)
HIRE ED TAPSCOTT!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #744: April 27, 2009, 10:53:44 PM »
probably. I mean how can our players get up for these games everyday when you lose games like this? I don't see how they do it. it's just so disheartening.

MONEY

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #745: April 27, 2009, 10:54:06 PM »
Hire Ray Knight.

It can't hurt.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #746: April 27, 2009, 10:54:21 PM »
QFT. I love football but this is baseball season which I also love and our season is already freaking over and it's still April.

i know that's why i'm saying it's april ... football season is a long ways away and we have a long spring/summer

Online sportsfan882

« Reply #747: April 27, 2009, 10:54:58 PM »
Knight says he goes to bed at night pissed off. it eats him alive.

same here Ray.  especially after losses like this one. just kills me.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #748: April 27, 2009, 10:55:06 PM »
Ray Knight for GM and Rob Dibble for pitching coach.

Online sportsfan882

« Reply #749: April 27, 2009, 10:55:46 PM »
Ray Knight for GM and Rob Dibble for pitching coach.
couldn't be any worse. at least these guys have fire and passion unlike Acta.