Author Topic: Postseason ticket on-sales  (Read 32872 times)

Re: Postseason ticket on-sales
« Reply #50: September 17, 2014, 04:40:45 PM »
Be careful - it's a unique one-time use only password. Once someone uses it, it becomes invalid.

I can confirm this -- if you use that code for a single transaction, you're done.  I bought tickets to Games 2 and 3, and then checked out.  Later in the day I figured I'd see what remained available for Game 1.  The code I used wouldn't get me back in.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #51: September 17, 2014, 04:45:43 PM »
With regards to reselling, last go 'round the NLDS tickets were snatched up pretty quickly from what I saw. People were asking an arm and a leg for them, then when MLB announced the game time for the first game, stub hub was flooded with tickets from people who couldn't make it and were just trying to get rid of them. Because of this, the prices dropped.

No one is gong to get rich reselling these tickets. I am going to snap as many as I can because I know people will be crawling all over me for tickets when the games arrive. Worse comes to worse, I know I can always resell them and get at least face value. That's all I care about.

Offline wj73

« Reply #52: September 17, 2014, 04:56:55 PM »
We sold our extra NLDS tix for about double what we'd paid, so we pretty much paid for our own NLDS tix.  If they'd advanced, we could have made a nice dent in our ST plan cost for this year.   

We we successful this morning and bought two extra NLDS tix in the Infield Gallery for all three possible games.  With luck we can sell for double face value again and pay for our own tix. 

Offline Jordanz Meatballz

« Reply #53: September 17, 2014, 05:06:19 PM »
No one is gong to get rich reselling these tickets. I am going to snap as many as I can because I know people will be crawling all over me for tickets when the games arrive. Worse comes to worse, I know I can always resell them and get at least face value. That's all I care about.

If they make the World Series you might turn a nice profit. Also, if the Nats get home field practically all of the games will be weekend games. That's like gold.

Offline ZIM4MVP

« Reply #54: September 17, 2014, 06:03:47 PM »

let me know if you decide to sell any on here

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #55: September 17, 2014, 07:08:51 PM »
Be careful - it's a unique one-time use only password. Once someone uses it, it becomes invalid.
OK, thanks   
I think he has agreed to do it himself and then bill us.  Problem is he is sometimes late so the good tickets will be gone.  I am on the insider list so can get that way if it fails.  At least for NLCS. I suspect there will be fewer seats available world series since mlb scoops up quite a few 

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #56: September 17, 2014, 10:20:45 PM »
Current schedule as an FYI:

NLDS A, Game One   Friday, October 3   FS1   TBA
NLDS B, Game One   Friday, October 3   FS1   TBA
NLDS A, Game Two   Saturday, October 4   FS1 or MLBN   TBA
NLDS B, Game Two   Saturday, October 4   FS1 or MLBN   TBA
NLDS A, Game Three   Monday, October 6   FS1 or MLBN   TBA
NLDS B, Game Three   Monday, October 6   FS1 or MLBN   TBA
NLDS A, Game Four*   Tuesday, October 7   FS1   TBA
NLDS B, Game Four*   Tuesday, October 7   FS1   TBA
NLDS A, Game Five*   Thursday, October 9   FS1   TBA
NLDS B, Game Five*   Thursday, October 9   FS1   TBA

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #57: September 18, 2014, 01:04:54 PM »
On the news this morning, they reported that over 10,000 tickets were sold yesterday.

Offline Natstown442

« Reply #58: September 18, 2014, 03:58:51 PM »
Has anyone gotten an idea of when our postseason strips will be mailed?

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #59: September 18, 2014, 04:00:42 PM »

My ticket rep said next week.

The tickets I bought yesterday during the presale have not loaded into the My Nationals system. Anyone else having the same problem?

Offline eastie

« Reply #60: September 18, 2014, 04:02:15 PM »
When I spoke to our rep last week he said mailing date was Monday, 9/22.  They'll probably arrive to most folks Wed/Thurs.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #61: September 18, 2014, 04:03:36 PM »
On the news this morning, they reported that over 10,000 tickets were sold yesterday.

For all three NLDS games? Meh. I don't know what that means though. Did they limit the sales to have some available for the Insider Presale on Friday and the general public on Monday? Who knows, but you can certainly be sure all three games will be sold out come Monday.

Offline eastie

« Reply #62: September 18, 2014, 04:34:14 PM »
For all three NLDS games? Meh. I don't know what that means though. Did they limit the sales to have some available for the Insider Presale on Friday and the general public on Monday? Who knows, but you can certainly be sure all three games will be sold out come Monday.
Eh, I suspect a lot of SPH figured they had enough tickets via their strips (or with additional strips 2 strips).  We only bought more due to the large number of partners to make sure we have enough to go around near-ish to our regular seats.  Tomorrow will tell the tale of how in demand these are.  If the Nats have your email address on file you are an "Insider".

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #63: September 18, 2014, 04:38:04 PM »
If anyone ends up with playoff tickets they can't use and would like to sell, help a sister out and hit me up!

:)

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #64: September 18, 2014, 04:46:09 PM »
Eh, I suspect a lot of SPH figured they had enough tickets via their strips (or with additional strips 2 strips).  We only bought more due to the large number of partners to make sure we have enough to go around near-ish to our regular seats.  Tomorrow will tell the tale of how in demand these are.  If the Nats have your email address on file you are an "Insider".

I don't know a single SPH (and I'm counting about 10 or so) who didn't buy 4 tickets to each of the games that went on sale yesterday. The strips are really not enough for most ticket groups.

For example, I have one full season group that has 10 people and another that has 8 people. (I did not buy the extra strips because the seats were not that good.) Assuming 8-10 postseason games available for our draft, most of my partners will only get one postseason game. That's not not early enough for my partners so I'm loading up. Got some tix yestereday, will try to get more on Friday and Monday.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #65: September 18, 2014, 05:22:16 PM »
Can someone please PM me the insider code?

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #66: September 18, 2014, 06:01:25 PM »
Can someone please PM me the insider code?

The password will be sent out Friday morning, the advance email said. I assume it's a one time password.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #67: September 18, 2014, 10:14:14 PM »
ah gross. I'm registered but I don't get any emails from them.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #68: September 18, 2014, 10:18:24 PM »
ah gross. I'm registered but I don't get any emails from them.
checked your spam blocker settings and junk mail folder?  When my office first switched to Office, briefs used to end up there from [outside counsel].

Offline Jordanz Meatballz

« Reply #69: September 18, 2014, 10:54:00 PM »
checked your spam blocker settings and junk mail folder?  When my office first switched to Office, briefs used to end up there from [outside counsel].

I didn't get one either even though I get emails from my old ticket rep all the time :smh:

I have to jump in on a friend's code, even though he just buys a few tickets here and there.

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #70: September 19, 2014, 07:24:38 AM »

If true that number is shocking low and a bad omen about ticket demand. With a season ticket base of almost 20,000 and a huge number of those plans being 20 and 41 games, conservatively there are 10,000 plan holders. With each plan holder being eligible to purchase 12 tickets I would have expected the number sold to be 25,000 or even 50,000. 

Offline Tim Cullen

« Reply #71: September 19, 2014, 08:07:50 AM »
Has anyone received their Insiders password yet for today's presale?  I'd have thought it would've come by now, but maybe they are waiting until 9:59am to send it.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #72: September 19, 2014, 08:10:17 AM »
If true that number is shocking low and a bad omen about ticket demand. With a season ticket base of almost 20,000 and a huge number of those plans being 20 and 41 games, conservatively there are 10,000 plan holders. With each plan holder being eligible to purchase 12 tickets I would have expected the number sold to be 25,000 or even 50,000. 

They were probably holding back some tickets.

It seems I can't go to the bathroom at work without someone asking me if I have postseason tickets. No doubt all games will sell out next Monday. I'm not concerned about resale value after that because I'm sharing my tickets with my partners, family, and friends. 

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #73: September 19, 2014, 08:24:32 AM »
Has anyone received their Insiders password yet for today's presale?  I'd have thought it would've come by now, but maybe they are waiting until 9:59am to send it.

Not yet. I'm suspecting it's not going to be a personalized code and they are waiting because they don't want it to get out too early.

Offline blue911

« Reply #74: September 19, 2014, 08:40:57 AM »
If anybody needs a password let me know.