Author Topic: Souza is the best prospect the Nationals have produced.  (Read 3394 times)

Offline whytev

Sounds right. Taylor gets most of the year in Syracuse. He spent most of this year in Harrisburg, so he should learn from a full year in AAA. Then who can predict two seasons from now? (Except that Werth and LaRoche will be a couple years older).

Span's contract will be up then. Souza will have had a chance to prove himself.

Online HalfSmokes

Span's contract will be up then. Souza will have had a chance to prove himself.

Maybe, maybe not. One of Souza or Taylor will get a shot in center, between Werth and Harper, the corners are locked up, so it's entirely possible that the prospect who doesn't get a shot at center first will never get a shot here

Offline whytev

Maybe, maybe not. One of Souza or Taylor will get a shot in center, between Werth and Harper, the corners are locked up, so it's entirely possible that the prospect who doesn't get a shot at center first will never get a shot here

I'd love to see them platooning when Span leaves, and both playing together when Werth needs a rest.

Offline PC

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
5k min.

Agreed.

Enough to help with the house?  5k would build a decent home theater type setup.  But 10k....    :twisted:

Offline aspenbubba

Agreed.

Enough to help with the house?  5k would build a decent home theater type setup.  But 10k....    :twisted:

Not with my son in law. He did Werths place.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Not with my son in law. He did Werths place.

I'm all ears...  $35k?

I tend to focus on the hardware but of course you can redo a whole room with theater style seating, a wet bar, whatever else a mancave needs.

Offline aspenbubba

I'm all ears...  $35k?

I tend to focus on the hardware but of course you can redo a whole room with theater style seating, a wet bar, whatever else a mancave needs.

A little less than that I recall as I  only saw the deposit check. He also did Leonis and that was huge.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
so you are saying I probably can't afford him to help with Vizio on sale at Best buy for under $700 if I were to buy it?

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
so you are saying I probably can't afford him to help with Vizio on sale at Best buy for under $700 if I were to buy it?

That's my style, but we'd be sitting on milk crates. 

Online HalfSmokes

I just want to convince my wife to let me get a sound bar to go with our costco vizio

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
I replaced my Sony that blew up with a Vizio.  Picture is great but the built in speakers are crap, even by the low standard of any built in speakers.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
assuming we keep him, Souza is going to be a lot of fun to watch next year.  It wouldn't be surprising to even see him get some time at 1B in ST to prepare in case Zimm gets hurt again.

Offline whytev

assuming we keep him, Souza is going to be a lot of fun to watch next year.  It wouldn't be surprising to even see him get some time at 1B in ST to prepare in case Zimm gets hurt again.

Ha ha I said that one minute ago in the Goodwin thread!

Offline imref

Ha ha I said that one minute ago in the Goodwin thread!

GMTA!  Souza played 3B I believe as well at Potomac.  I keep saying he's the 2nd coming of Mike Morse.

Offline whytev

GMTA!  Souza played 3B I believe as well at Potomac.  I keep saying he's the 2nd coming of Mike Morse.

He started 117 games at 1B in Potemic in 2011.  Made 11 errors.

Offline imref

He started 117 games at 1B in Potemic in 2011.  Made 11 errors.

I wouldn't read too much into that.  Pretty much every time someone with any speed reaches first at that level they threaten to steal because the odds of an error on the pickoff throw from pitcher to 1B are pretty high.  So you end up with far more pickoff throws than I've ever seen in a major league game.

Offline whytev

I wouldn't read too much into that.  Pretty much every time someone with any speed reaches first at that level they threaten to steal because the odds of an error on the pickoff throw from pitcher to 1B are pretty high.  So you end up with far more pickoff throws than I've ever seen in a major league game.

I wasn't! Besides, LaRoche made 11 errors in 2013 and in 2010.  I don't think that's a deal-breaking number for someone with that many balls flying at them all game.

What I question is Souza's bat.  If Souza can't hit .260 with pop, he shouldn't be the backup 1B...because Moore can.

I'm nervous about Moore given this whole Zimmerman being injured a lot thing.  Keeping him seems prudent, but hurts the bench.  Ditching him puts a lot on Souza.

Offline imref

I wasn't! Besides, LaRoche made 11 errors in 2013 and in 2010.  I don't think that's a deal-breaking number for someone with that many balls flying at them all game.

What I question is Souza's bat.  If Souza can't hit .260 with pop, he shouldn't be the backup 1B...because Moore can.

I'm nervous about Moore given this whole Zimmerman being injured a lot thing.  Keeping him seems prudent, but hurts the bench.  Ditching him puts a lot on Souza.

isn't Moore out of options?  I agree though, Souza gives you far more position flexibility.  I'd think Souza can put up better offensive numbers as well.

Offline whytev

isn't Moore out of options?  I agree though, Souza gives you far more position flexibility.  I'd think Souza can put up better offensive numbers as well.

He is...which means he'd need to make the team and stay on it.

Moore's numbers when starting are actually pretty good. His pinch-hitting average is what is dragging him down.

So he's a waste of space until we need him then we really really need him. Frustrating.