Author Topic: Nationals @ Giants, Game 1  (Read 32400 times)

Offline Coladar

Re: Nationals @ Giants, Game 1
« Reply #225: May 11, 2009, 10:53:19 PM »
Didn't see this mentioned in the forum yet, but was just checking out and saw Milledge broke a finger. It's very, very, *very* rare I'm pleased to see an injury to one of our players. But I have to say my heart did a leap reading that. Maybe this means his ass won't be back this season, at least until Sept. With his attitude, it couldn't happen to a more egotistical, selfish and horrible player.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #226: May 11, 2009, 10:53:54 PM »
Send Crab to the minors. Give him the milledge treatment. Is he able too, or does he have some crap in his contract?

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #227: May 11, 2009, 10:54:36 PM »
crickets.
what do you want me to say? It's obviously you have a boner for Dunn and nothing I say is going to change your mind.

He's had a really good season so far but he still has had some bad ABs with RISP this season.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #228: May 11, 2009, 10:54:54 PM »
Didn't see this mentioned in the forum yet, but was just checking out and saw Milledge broke a finger. It's very, very, *very* rare I'm pleased to see an injury to one of our players. But I have to say my heart did a leap reading that. Maybe this means his ass won't be back this season, at least until Sept. With his attitude, it couldn't happen to a more egotistical, selfish and horrible player.

Thats freaked up. Why wish bad on one of our players? He could change it around if he ever got called back up here. You never know.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #229: May 11, 2009, 10:55:00 PM »
Hell yea Ray and Johnny saying Zimmy should be starting 3b in All Star game, so true.
A little late to the party tonight.  But wanted to throw this out there.  Flipping back and forth between MLB Tonight and Baseball Tonight on Saturday after he made that game saving play in the eighth, both networks said he was the best 3b in the NL and only Longoria is better right now in baseball.  It was Mitch Williams and Dan Plesac and on MLB.  Williams made the statement and Plesac responded with "better than Wright?"  To which Williams replied "Yes, it's just that no one knows about him, he doesn't play in New York" (paraphrased).  It was great.  I'm glad he's on our bench.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #230: May 11, 2009, 10:55:37 PM »
what do you want me to say? It's obviously you have a boner for Dunn and nothing I say is going to change your mind.

He's had a really good season so far but he still has had some bad ABs with RISP this season.

Who doesn't?

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #231: May 11, 2009, 10:56:02 PM »
ok look. Cabrera sucks. he's never going to "get it", he's never going to "figure it out". He is what he is.

can we please stop this? this is madness.

He's like the pitching version of Wily Mo. We thought we could fix Wily Mo, but we all know how that worked out.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #232: May 11, 2009, 10:56:20 PM »

I believe boner is the word FAR AWAY from a good choice here.

Hes a good player, but you give him the sportsfan treatment and crap on him when we can't get something going our way.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #233: May 11, 2009, 10:56:36 PM »
Send Crab to the minors. Give him the milledge treatment. Is he able too, or does he have some crap in his contract?
I'm nearly certain that he'd have to clear waivers.  Can you IMAGINE another MLB team claiming him?
 :rofl:    

Offline Coladar

« Reply #234: May 11, 2009, 10:56:42 PM »

I sit behind two of the most passionate Dunn haters there are in section 129, and the only thing you can say is his defense is horrible. And his defense has cost us at least a couple games this season. But with his offense, he's won us far more than he's lost. As long as that stays the case, even with his absolutely stupid defense, you can't complain he's on this team. He's having a career year when he was already an offensive powerhouse. He's a positive for this team right now at least.

Offline EdStroud

« Reply #235: May 11, 2009, 10:57:32 PM »
How did the Giants get 2 runs?

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #236: May 11, 2009, 10:57:36 PM »
He's like the pitching version of Wily Mo. We thought we could fix Wily Mo, but we all know how that worked out.

Hes got a cooler nickname than Wily Mo, thats FO SHO YA KNO

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #237: May 11, 2009, 10:57:45 PM »
Who doesn't?
true, but you expect your #4 hitter to give us that 1 run in the first with a runner on 3rd and less than 2 outs.

the game would be tied right now

Offline PC

« Reply #238: May 11, 2009, 10:57:46 PM »
I'm nearly certain that he'd have to clear waivers.  Can you IMAGINE another MLB team claiming him?
 :rofl:    (Image removed from quote.)

Has Jim Bowden caught on with another team?

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #239: May 11, 2009, 10:57:55 PM »

sounds an awful lot like Flores.

but of course you'll NEVER, EVER, EVER rip on Flores.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #240: May 11, 2009, 10:58:02 PM »
goodbye crabby. 

Offline PC

« Reply #241: May 11, 2009, 10:58:21 PM »

Daniel Cabrera is pitching for the Nationals.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #242: May 11, 2009, 10:58:31 PM »

A hit, then a walk, then an out to advance runner to third, than a wild pitch to score the man on third and send the man on first to second. Than a hit to score the man on second.

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #243: May 11, 2009, 10:58:43 PM »
I believe boner is the word FAR AWAY from a good choice here.

Hes a good player, but you give him the sportsfan treatment and crap on him when we can't get something going our way.

Nah, SF has always crap on Dunn. He didn't want us to sign him. He would have been happy with the mikehuges dream outfield of Nook Logan, Roger Bernadina, and Juan Pierre.

Offline eagleskins

• BANNED FOREVER
« Reply #244: May 11, 2009, 10:58:48 PM »
Manny lost the game single handed last night with the lineups.  He's trying to do the same tonight. 

« Reply #245: May 11, 2009, 10:59:11 PM »
Thats freaked up. Why wish bad on one of our players? He could change it around if he ever got called back up here. You never know.

While I certainly think he has a bad attitude, I have to agree that was pretty coldblooded.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #246: May 11, 2009, 10:59:19 PM »

cabrera wild pitch to score one, then gave up a single to right to the #8 hitter to score the other.  looked good in his first four batters faced then pathetically fell apart. 

balester and stammen great ready.  olsen and cabrera pack your bags.

Offline Coladar

« Reply #247: May 11, 2009, 10:59:44 PM »

Why wish bad? I could cite a million quotes from just how egotistical and clueless he is, but here's what he's said since being slapped across the head and sent down to the minors.

It still doesn't sit well with Milledge, who wears a blue T-shirt and red shorts emblazoned with Nationals logos. He says he has lost faith in the organization's coaching staff.

"From now on, I'm going to do what I feel like I have to do to be the best for the team, regardless of what other people say," Milledge said. "When it's all said and done, I know myself better than anyone else."

Full article: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/05/03/AR2009050302250.html

He's just not a good person, he's full of himself when it's clear he needs a great deal of help to become a good baseball player and instead is blaming it all on Eckstein if you read that article. Knowing this franchise without an injury he would get called up when Cintron gets sent down, and we don't need poison like that on the team. So I'm sorry he got hurt, but I'm glad it means we aren't going to see him anytime soon.

Offline uncleteddy

« Reply #248: May 11, 2009, 10:59:46 PM »
true, but you expect your #4 hitter to give us that 1 run in the first with a runner on 3rd and less than 2 outs.

the game would be tied right now

Stupid left-handed batters not getting hits off Randy Johnson.  Stupid idiots.  Dirty bums.

Offline EdStroud

« Reply #249: May 11, 2009, 10:59:52 PM »
Thanks,  walks and WP's same old thing