Author Topic: Donating to WNFF  (Read 13396 times)

Offline PatsNats28

Re: Donating to WNFF
« Reply #50: February 01, 2011, 09:32:15 PM »
If you go to the classical section on iTunes, it's the #1 album.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #51: November 18, 2011, 01:58:40 PM »
Okay.  Everybody help me figure out what the best/safest/easiest way to accept donations on a limited basis would be.  i.e. - set a cap for one year worth of forum costs and only accept donations until that cap is filled.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #52: November 18, 2011, 02:18:05 PM »
I have no idea. I'd donate, but I have no idea how to do this.
Okay.  Everybody help me figure out what the best/safest/easiest way to accept donations on a limited basis would be.  i.e. - set a cap for one year worth of forum costs and only accept donations until that cap is filled.

Online blue911

« Reply #53: November 18, 2011, 02:22:26 PM »

1)Set Up a Paypal account.
2) List Paypal account
3) State amount needed and it's intended use.
4) Up date donations received every couple of days.

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #54: November 18, 2011, 02:25:32 PM »
Why not copy what Zuckerman did for his spring training trip? I have never used the service but it is at least familar to some Nationals fans. Free, as in beer, doesn't sound too bad either.

http://www.chipin.com/overview

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #55: November 18, 2011, 05:41:42 PM »
2) List Paypal account

Bingo.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #56: November 18, 2011, 06:03:10 PM »
I will happily donate, thank you Chief.

What made you change your mind?

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #57: November 18, 2011, 07:22:50 PM »
I'm in Chief but I don't wanna see any posts from Rio.   :)

Offline The Chief

« Reply #58: November 18, 2011, 07:34:42 PM »
I will happily donate, thank you Chief.

What made you change your mind?

Upgraded the server along with the new version of the forum software, it's getting pretty expensive.  Should be able to handle a lot of growth though, and no more slowdowns (aside from the random issue with the youtube embedding, still troubleshooting that).  I won't go broke if nobody donates, but the cost is high enough that I'm willing to accept some charity if people are willing to help out.

2) List Paypal account

Why not copy what Zuckerman did for his spring training trip? I have never used the service but it is at least familar to some Nationals fans. Free, as in beer, doesn't sound too bad either.
http://www.chipin.com/overview

This is what I ended up setting up.  the Payment still goes through PayPayl though.

I'm in Chief but I don't wanna see any posts from Rio.   :)

Haha, I'll be sure to keep it on the DL.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #59: November 18, 2011, 08:12:20 PM »
Ah, nothing wrong with lording over this rabble from Rio...

So, Paypal?  Details?

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #60: November 18, 2011, 08:13:19 PM »
So are you going to send us a link?

Offline The Chief

« Reply #61: November 18, 2011, 08:53:15 PM »
I'm still looking for someone to help me compose a semi-official sounding post to go with the donation link.  If anyone wants to volunteer some contributions, feel free to PM me.  I'll piece together the good stuff and post the result in the clubhouse as some kind of fund drive thread.

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #62: November 19, 2011, 07:54:50 AM »
Posters are cheap. Donate or suffer through blinking, popup advertisements for blue pills, spanish flies, and overseas banking schemes. Addtional funds will be used to buy Chief a gold plated yacht with a mini-submermine enabling him to travel the world in luxery. Any addtional surplus beyond that will provide $100 bills for Chief to light his Cigars. For those who think the forum will fund itself in two years, please keep in mind that posters who donate are less likely to be renamed ASSSCLOWN, just saying.  :twisted:  ;)

Offline mitlen

« Reply #63: November 19, 2011, 09:32:16 AM »
If we donate a threshold amount, can we get folks banned?   :)

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #64: November 19, 2011, 09:46:26 AM »
If we donate a threshold amount, can we get folks banned?   :)

Perhaps if you donate, your ignore button can be renamed to "Ban User". :lol:  :money:

Offline mitlen

« Reply #65: November 19, 2011, 09:48:47 AM »
Perhaps if you donate, your ignore button can be renamed to "Ban User". :lol:  :money:

Damn, modern technology.   :)    I'm old school.   I like bribes.

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #66: November 19, 2011, 09:50:20 AM »
Wait, you mean if I donate, I get preference? People will treat me as if they respect me?

That's never happened to me. I'd be willing to buy respect.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #67: November 19, 2011, 09:53:34 AM »
You could look into becoming an amazon affiliate -  maybe drop the add on a single page and get a little kick back when people order through the link

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #68: November 19, 2011, 11:56:25 AM »

I think you've hit on something.

Members can sponsor certain functionality - for example,  for a $25 donation, one could sponsor a smiley for a year.  Highlight on the smiley, and you might see something like this:

:panic:  "This smiley is brought to you today by Assclown", or "Assclown smiley at Nats2playoffs smiley registry"

:mg:

Offline mitlen

« Reply #69: November 19, 2011, 12:21:57 PM »

Members can sponsor certain functionality - for example,  for a $25 donation, one could sponsor a smiley for a year.  Highlight on the smiley, and you might see something like this:

:panic:  "This smiley is brought to you today by Assclown", or "Assclown smiley at Nats2playoffs smiley registry"

Know what?    That's a pretty cool idea even though couched as a joke.   It was a joke, wasn't it?    LOL

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #70: November 19, 2011, 03:01:01 PM »
Or, you get to pick the censored word replacements for a week...
Know what?    That's a pretty cool idea even though couched as a joke.   It was a joke, wasn't it?    LOL

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #71: November 19, 2011, 06:40:25 PM »
Chief - I want you to know that I am a Nigerian prince so I know how to compose emails to raise money.  This is a good idea.  I don't use paypal (really nervous about how my money can be tapped via the interweb tubes), but will pm you about how to donate.

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #72: November 19, 2011, 09:10:29 PM »

:lmao:

Online aspenbubba

« Reply #73: November 21, 2011, 07:05:36 PM »
You live in England. Which is basically Appalachia with a Queen.

Maybe the funniest line on this website of all time.

Chief,I am on another forum (non baseball related ) and there are two classifications , one is a conrtributing member and the other is not (duh!!!) . A one time contribution of 20.00 makes you a contributor. When Zuckerman went out on his own website I am guessing that a lot of us paid a subscription at one of the three levels. I know I did. I have no problem making a payment for so many hours of angst , pain , laughter and knowledge of the game I love most. Please reconsider.

Offline The Chief

« Reply #74: November 21, 2011, 07:34:49 PM »
What do you want me to re-consider?  I am planning on accepting donations soon, I just haven't typed up a formal announcement.