Author Topic: So who is going to the Nats first(road) playoff game?  (Read 543 times)

Offline capsmp

I have a $400 Delta voucher that expires at the end of the month, and was going to use it to go to an NHL game...but that doesn't seem likely.

I believe it is down to St. Louis and Atlanta. I've been to St. Louis a couple times and i'm familiar with the city, but have never been to Atlanta.

So who else wants to witness Nats history with me?

(If there is a better place to post this let me know, still new to the forums)

Offline GoodOmens

Tickets are so much cheaper on Stubhub for STL then here haha.

I guess the nice thing is you could buy tickets for either now and get refunded for the team that doesn't make it.  Would just have to book a pretty last minute flight though....

Offline capsmp

Yup I saw that on Stubhub. Tickets to both locations right now are under budget, but I imagine that will change by Friday.

Does anyone have any info on Atlanta? I know most of the places that are ok and not ok in STL, etc.
Should I expect any hostility if I wore Nats gear to either stadium? Been to a Cards game but that was just going because I was there.
Been to a Flyers game in Caps gear, so as long as it's not like that I will have a good time. Wasn't even that bad there, mostly insults about the Redskins(who I don't like)

Offline Count Walewski

I attended the Sunday night game in Atlanta on Memorial Day Weekend. Braves fans were stereotypes of southern hospitality: everyone I sat next to engaged me in conversation, despite the fact that I was wearing a Nats hat and an Expos shirt. They said some nasty things about their own team, who were on a 7-game losing streak at the time, but they weren't rude to me or to the other Nats fans there.

I stayed in downtown Atlanta, and I took a shuttle from near the state capital building to the stadium. It was fine.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
But that damn chop... I think my head would explode.

I attended the Sunday night game in Atlanta on Memorial Day Weekend. Braves fans were stereotypes of southern hospitality: everyone I sat next to engaged me in conversation, despite the fact that I was wearing a Nats hat and an Expos shirt. They said some nasty things about their own team, who were on a 7-game losing streak at the time, but they weren't rude to me or to the other Nats fans there.

I stayed in downtown Atlanta, and I took a shuttle from near the state capital building to the stadium. It was fine.

Offline capsmp

So no one else will be attending??

Offline heeman82

So no one else will be attending??

I feel like such a non-Nationals fan for it, but I just can't make it.  Wish I could