Author Topic: Spring Training - Houston vs Nats 6:00 pm on MASN  (Read 1658 times)

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Houston vs Nats tonight at 6:00 pm

Nice lineup! :az:

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Re: Spring Training - Houston vs Nats
« Reply #1: March 19, 2014, 01:49:45 PM »
Houston vs Nats tonight at 6:00 pm

Nice lineup! :az:

(Image removed from quote.)

Beginning to look like opening day  ....

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
Re: Spring Training - Houston vs Nats
« Reply #2: March 19, 2014, 01:51:48 PM »
My thoughts too, looks like a starting lineup to me :)

Offline houston-nat

Guess I have to leave work early today

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
right players, wrong order, if you want to maximize run production.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
Guess I have to leave work early today
Hey Houston, how did you enjoy Guatemala?

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
Chins to #9
right players, wrong order, if you want to maximize run production.

Offline houston-nat

Hey Houston, how did you enjoy Guatemala?
It was amazing. We had spectacular luck, we met the kindest most wonderful strangers, and everything that could go right did. Guatemala is magic and I recommend it to anybody who knows some Spanish. I climbed a volcano, ate marshmallows toasted by lava, got lost in a traditional Maya lake village, had a scoop of Kahlua ice cream, took a cooking class in Spanish, got tons of advice on how to travel to an island south of Florida, and enjoyed the best tamales of my life. It was incredible from start to finish. Seriously, if you can get by okay in Spanish, go. I hope to make at least two trips back someday.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
It was amazing. We had spectacular luck, we met the kindest most wonderful strangers, and everything that could go right did. Guatemala is magic and I recommend it to anybody who knows some Spanish. I climbed a volcano, ate marshmallows toasted by lava, got lost in a traditional Maya lake village, had a scoop of Kahlua ice cream, took a cooking class in Spanish, got tons of advice on how to travel to an island south of Florida, and enjoyed the best tamales of my life. It was incredible from start to finish. Seriously, if you can get by okay in Spanish, go. I hope to make at least two trips back someday.

That sounds awesome! Sadly my espanol is currently no bueno :( but it's a total goal of mine to work on that.  So glad you had such a good time, toasting a marshmallow on hot lava is a pretty cool story :thumbs:

Offline Ray D

Did you see this bird:

A flame-rumped tanager. Supposed to be alot of them in Guatemala.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Flame-rumped?  not that there's anything wrong with that. . .

Offline Ray D

I take it that you interpret "Jordan" to be a first-name reference.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
I take it that you interpret "Jordan" to be a first-name reference.

"Beginning to look like" as in not complete  ....    In any case, I don't care who starts on opening day.   It can be Taylor Jordan, Jordan Zimmermann or the River Jordan.     All I care about is this    --------->   :w:

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
That island south of Florida with the DeSotos and Chevy Biscaynes rolling around? 
got tons of advice on how to travel to an island south of Florida

Offline Squab

• Global Moderator
  • me lookin at the bullpen
That's a MASN lineup right there.

Offline houston-nat

Ray, didn't see the bird - but we were in urban places much of the time. (Antigua & the villages around Atitlan.)

That sounds awesome! Sadly my espanol is currently no bueno :( but it's a total goal of mine to work on that.  So glad you had such a good time, toasting a marshmallow on hot lava is a pretty cool story :thumbs:

We also peeled and ate mangoes on the volcano. I had to wipe my hands on my jacket. Antigua Guatemala and Quetzaltenango ("Xela" is the local nickname, pronounced Shay-la) are renowned for their Spanish language schools and lots of Americans go there to learn Spanish. Guatemala is one of the best countries because it has one of the most normal accents. They also speak at a normal speed. So it's like learning English in the Midwest instead of Boston or Mississippi.

Actually at a great wine bar there, I talked to a guy from New York whose Spanish teacher had taken him to her house in a rural village. She gave him cooking lessons on how to cook local food - over a hot fire in an outdoor kitchen detached from the house.

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
Going to the game today with family. Love the lineup!

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
They also speak at a normal speed. So it's like learning English in the Midwest instead of Boston or Mississippi.

Ah thank you! I've often wondered if ALL Spanish-speaking people speak at rapid-fire pace or if any had more of a laid back approach because like you said different parts of our country speak English differently so I kind of thought there might be a place where Spanish might be spoken a bit slower to better suit a Spanish-as-a-second-language person so it's good to know there is one country that I might someday be able visit and be conversant with people, once I am actually able to string more than two Spanish words together at a time of course lol
Hey I'd love to see a volcano pic, post one in the vacation thread if you get a chance!

Offline mach1ne

2013 Zimmerman is back.

Offline PC

Why are the throwing so horribly?

Offline PC

Is Kolko the new sideline bunny?

Offline Mr Clean

Is Kolko the new sideline bunny?
According to Twitter he is that.

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
According to Twitter he is that.

gross

Offline HalfSmokes

Does werth have to bang him?

Offline PC

That first time through the lineup was bad.