Author Topic: 2015 Hall of Fame Ballot (with results!)  (Read 5547 times)

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Re: 2015 Hall of Fame Ballot (with results!)
« Reply #100: January 14, 2015, 02:12:44 PM »
baseball has a pastoral appeal to a lot of fans and writers, discount it all you want, but it's there and when those images get shattered those writers tend to get angry

The actual Hall does have a Church-like aura to it.  It's interesting to watch people talk quietly, as if they are actually in a place of worship.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #101: January 14, 2015, 02:15:39 PM »
the hall itself (not the museum) feels more like a cathedral than anything else

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #102: January 14, 2015, 03:11:33 PM »
I think Bill Simmons sums up my view on the hall- do I see myself ever telling my grandkids about seeing a guy play? I'm small hall, but I'm also pro PED guys getting in since I still remember following mcgwire and sosa chasing marris with my father - those are good memories, and the fact that it turns out they were cheating doesn't change that. Likewise, Bonds defined an era and was the greatest hitter I've ever seen, the fact that he had more bovine steroids that a big mac doesn't change that

Agreed on the memories part. I still remember sitting in the living room with my entire family huddled around our old ass tv when McGwire hit #62.

Ranks right up there in sports memories with getting caught up in the 2010 Men's Hockey team chasing gold.

Offline whytev

« Reply #103: January 14, 2015, 05:51:19 PM »
Agreed on the memories part. I still remember sitting in the living room with my entire family huddled around our old ass tv when McGwire hit #62.

Ranks right up there in sports memories with getting caught up in the 2010 Men's Hockey team chasing gold.

I barely cared about basebal during that time. Screw those inflated muscleheads.