Author Topic: Washington Redskins Thread (2012)  (Read 98468 times)

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Re: Washington Redskins Thread (2012)
« Reply #1400: December 07, 2012, 09:48:22 PM »
:crazy:  :lmao:

The route tree has begun to sprout over the last couple of games. I've seen square ins, simple out patterns, deeper slants, hook routes and a gorgeous screen pass set up for a nice gain that would've been even better had Young read it better. Also, Griffin seems more comfortable (and quicker) going through progressions. The misdirection bootleg has also been used well lately but still not enough. It's too bad Davis is hurt because by now he could be running the seam route that I don't think the current TE's are capable of running successfully. But when I saw the post corner route pass to Garcon for 20+ yard gain I was:

(Image removed from quote.)

Now I'm hoping they continue to extend the playbook and feature a wheel route to someone out of the backfield or to Moss out of the slot.
j

Yep, looks like the Shanny's are loosening up the reins a bit. The best part, MDS/Rexy/Boss has had to lay the freak down and stop trolling, at least for now. I think Garcon being out for as long as he was really helped Griffin in that he was forced to get used to the other receivers, you know what I mean? You could tell he was very confortable with Garcon and him being out took him out of that comfort zone, even if it didn't really look like it. I really like this offense and barring a monumental collapse, and by that I mean everyone just giving up and walking out, Shanny and company will be back next year at least. I think Haslett deserves the benefit of the doubt again for next season as well due to all the injuries they've dealt with this season. The next couple games though will go a long way in determining if he deserves it or not.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #1401: December 07, 2012, 11:14:12 PM »
I think Haslett deserves the benefit of the doubt again for next season as well due to all the injuries they've dealt with this season. The next couple games though will go a long way in determining if he deserves it or not.

They can't really start over unless they bring in another 3-4 coach who can make an immediate impact. It's that or try to switch back the the 4-3 but that would take more draft picks than they have and they still have to deal with the second half of the salary cap penalty they imposed on them.
It's imperative for them to deal with the impending free agency of Fred Davis, Kory Liechtensteiger and to find a RT. That probably means that Haslett will be back.

The best part, MDS/Rexy/Boss has had to lay the freak down and stop trolling, at least for now.

Don't be too happy. When the Skins run comes to a screeching halt, MDS will drop his duties as the lead singer of the the local Prince tribute band and be right back to resume his role as main Redskins troll. In the meantime, if you can read this MDS, suck cock and OD on skeet!   :razz: :razz:

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #1402: December 08, 2012, 08:45:57 AM »
They can't really start over unless they bring in another 3-4 coach who can make an immediate impact. It's that or try to switch back the the 4-3 but that would take more draft picks than they have and they still have to deal with the second half of the salary cap penalty they imposed on them.
It's imperative for them to deal with the impending free agency of Fred Davis, Kory Liechtensteiger and to find a RT. That probably means that Haslett will be back.

Don't be too happy. When the Skins run comes to a screeching halt, MDS will drop his duties as the lead singer of the the local Prince tribute band and be right back to resume his role as main Redskins troll. In the meantime, if you can read this MDS, suck cock and OD on skeet!   :razz: :razz:

:lmao:

Yeah, I know, but we have to enjoy it while we can, right?

I agree about Davis, we need to get him healthy and signed. I like Logan Paulsen, but he's no where near the threat that Davis is. Polumbus has actually played decent, but he's far better suited to be a backup. Oh, and go ahead and sign Morris to a longer contract :lol:

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #1403: December 08, 2012, 08:53:53 AM »
According to NBC, Washington D.C. wants the Redskins back within the city. The problem is that the team’s lease at FedEx Field in Prince George’s County, Md. runs through 2027, seemingly locking the team in there for the immediate future.

However, an odd mutual solution to this conundrum may come from the fact that that the FBI wants to move from its headquarters, which is in fact located within the District of Columbia.

Under a proposed agreement that the two cities have reportedly talked about, Prince George’s County would let the Redskins out of their lease to move into a new stadium on the current site of RFK Stadium, in exchange for Washington supporting moving the FBI to Prince George’s County.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/washington-dc-might-swap-fbi-for-redskins-120712

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #1404: December 08, 2012, 08:59:50 AM »
Hey sweet, DC would have a professional football team again.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #1405: December 08, 2012, 09:15:44 AM »
Which would be nice if DC had any control over where the FBI went, but they don't and NOVA seems like a more attractive option especially to the executives making the decision who will have to drive to the new head quarters everyday

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #1406: December 08, 2012, 09:16:53 AM »

I agree about Davis, we need to get him healthy and signed. I like Logan Paulsen, but he's no where near the threat that Davis is. Polumbus has actually played decent, but he's far better suited to be a backup. Oh, and go ahead and sign Morris to a longer contract :lol:

I think Paul has looked decent lately and he may grow into the role

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #1407: December 08, 2012, 10:10:08 AM »
Which would be nice if DC had any control over where the FBI went, but they don't and NOVA seems like a more attractive option especially to the executives making the decision who will have to drive to the new head quarters everyday

+1

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #1408: December 08, 2012, 10:41:02 AM »
  Or non executives who don't drive in.  Really.  Other Intel community partners are in and around Northern VA.  Makes more sense to have it in Nova.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #1409: December 08, 2012, 10:49:28 AM »
  Or non executives who don't drive in.  Really.  Other Intel community partners are in and around Northern VA.  Makes more sense to have it in Nova.

Our neighbors on 28?    :)

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #1410: December 08, 2012, 11:07:49 AM »
Yeah, and Geo intel in Springfield.  Those guys in McLean.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #1411: December 08, 2012, 12:06:34 PM »
Yeah, and Geo intel in Springfield.  Those guys in McLean.

McLean doesn't matter.   They don't talk to the FBI anyway.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #1412: December 08, 2012, 12:43:59 PM »
Start a separate thread for the FBI talk.

You're right. We should enjoy MDS' silence while it lasts.

I'm not sold on Paulsen at all. I'm not fond of TE's that miss blocks to get your QB crushed or TE's that drop wide open passes. Speaking of TE's, all it took was for Cooley to get in the game on a couple of running plays to make decent block for the fanbois to start clamoring for him to get more snaps.  :lmao:  I'm glad they brought him back so it can be lead no doubt that Cooley is done as a starting TE in the NFL. Not too long ago one of his fanbois called a radio program to say Cooley was in the same league as Tony Gonzalez.  :smh:

I'm going to assume you're joking about the Morris extension and are only making fun of the morons here and probably at ES that get worked up over a player and want him to be signed to a lifetime extension. I love Morris. He's a stud. But RB's in this league are no longer the position players they were once upon a time. He'll hang around with the team but if history teaches us anything is that Shanahan will pass him along and find another one to replace him.

I think Paul has looked decent lately and he may grow into the role

If you mean the role of special teams player and TE that drops balls on offense then yes. He's growing right into that role.

Offline PC

« Reply #1413: December 08, 2012, 12:55:12 PM »
RG3 wins Rookie of the Week again...for the third week in a row.  This is his sixth win of the season.

http://www.redskins.com/news-and-events/article-1/Griffin-III-Wins-Third-Straight-Rookie-Honors/4d044256-0a6e-4967-bf5b-47d5a9bcd5d9

I was sure he wasn't going to win this week, with the weeks that Wilson, Luck and even Morris had.  I thought Morris would win, for sure, to be honest and he wasn't even nominated.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #1414: December 08, 2012, 01:17:10 PM »

Ravens will be Felled By Interference call  ...  or a Flacco interception.   Is that better?    :P

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #1415: December 08, 2012, 01:17:30 PM »
Washington D.C. wants the Redskins back within the city. The problem is that the team’s lease at FedEx Field in Prince George’s County, Md. runs through 2027, seemingly locking the team in there for the immediate future...

Under a proposed agreement that the two cities have reportedly talked about, Prince George’s County would let the Redskins out of their lease to move into a new stadium on the current site of RFK Stadium, in exchange for Washington supporting moving the FBI to Prince George’s County.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/washington-dc-might-swap-fbi-for-redskins-120712
Dan Snyder can repay $73 million used by the Maryland Stadium Authority to build the roads and infrastructure at FedEx Field. 

I don't want DC or federal taxpayers to give Dan Snyder one penny for a new stadium in DC.  You don't build something like FedEx Field and then abandon it.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #1416: December 08, 2012, 01:18:46 PM »
Wilson is a stud btw. I think I called that in some thread. Total gamer.

And, thank you RG3, you make the forced Skins games much more enjoyable to watch.

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #1417: December 08, 2012, 01:19:41 PM »

You're right. We should enjoy MDS' silence while it lasts.

I'm not sold on Paulsen at all. I'm not fond of TE's that miss blocks to get your QB crushed or TE's that drop wide open passes. Speaking of TE's, all it took was for Cooley to get in the game on a couple of running plays to make decent block for the fanbois to start clamoring for him to get more snaps.  :lmao:  I'm glad they brought him back so it can be lead no doubt that Cooley is done as a starting TE in the NFL. Not too long ago one of his fanbois called a radio program to say Cooley was in the same league as Tony Gonzalez.  :smh:

I'm going to assume you're joking about the Morris extension and are only making fun of the morons here and probably at ES that get worked up over a player and want him to be signed to a lifetime extension. I love Morris. He's a stud. But RB's in this league are no longer the position players they were once upon a time. He'll hang around with the team but if history teaches us anything is that Shanahan will pass him along and find another one to replace him.

If you mean the role of special teams player and TE that drops balls on offense then yes. He's growing right into that role.

About Morris, I don't know man. The only backs that Shanny had that were better were TD and Portis, the other guys were solid, but not like Morris has been. I'm not saying sign him to a lifetime contract or a huge deal at all, but...

Edit, nevermind. He's signed through 2016, so let's let him play it out.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #1418: December 08, 2012, 01:41:29 PM »
Ravens will be Felled By Interference call  ...  or a Flacco interception.   Is that better?    :P

Flaccid will probably stand erect in the pocket due to lack of pressure from Washington's defensive front and get off on Washington's defensive backfield. I don't know why some people like Flaccid because I think he's mediocre at best. He's been in the league 5 years and still doesn't have pocket awareness. 

Offline mitlen

« Reply #1419: December 08, 2012, 01:45:41 PM »
Flaccid will probably stand erect in the pocket due to lack of pressure from Washington's defensive front and have a good game. I don't know why some people like Flaccid because I think he's mediocre at best. He's been in the league 5 years and still doesn't have pocket awareness. 

100% agree  ....  If the 'skins can get any pressure on him, he'll fold.   The running games are crucial  ...  Rice (hold him down)  ...  Morris  (set him free).    I'm a firm believer that the 'skins can blow this game open early.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #1420: December 08, 2012, 01:49:12 PM »
I'm a firm believer that the 'skins can blow this game open early.

:shock:

From your lips brother....

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #1421: December 08, 2012, 02:17:12 PM »
Dan Snyder can repay $73 million used by the Maryland Stadium Authority to build the roads and infrastructure at FedEx Field. 

I don't want DC or federal taxpayers to give Dan Snyder one penny for a new stadium in DC.  You don't build something like FedEx Field and then abandon it.

(Image removed from quote.)

You don't think that money's been paid back and then some over the course of 16 years or so it's been open in taxes? Seriously? I honestly don't know, so if someone can show some legitimate numbers, one way or the other, I'd appreciate it. I'm a layman when it comes to this kind of thing, but I would think that the stadium has paid for itself since it's opened between 8 regular season football games a season, a couple college games and numerous concerts etc...

The idea of moving the Skins back to D.C. on the site of RFK was proposed a number of years ago fwiw...

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #1422: December 09, 2012, 10:00:21 AM »
Is there any way to stream the game on my computer? Having my wife's grandparents over and grandpa would appreciate being able to see the game. He can't get downstairs to where we have the TV.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #1423: December 09, 2012, 10:33:28 AM »
Pressure Flacco !   

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #1424: December 09, 2012, 11:14:17 AM »
Is there any way to stream the game on my computer? Having my wife's grandparents over and grandpa would appreciate being able to see the game. He can't get downstairs to where we have the TV.

firstrowsports.eu